PDA

View Full Version : A pic...food for thought.......2 yrs later

JustRalph
08-07-2010, 04:48 PM
As every day passes I begin to understand this picture more. I have viewed it before but think it means much much more every day.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/files/2010/08/obama-pledge-large.jpg

It reminds me of the Keeneland employees who refused to stand for the National Anthem when the whole damn simulcast room is standing with their hands over their hearts and actually singing...........

GaryG
08-07-2010, 05:09 PM
He spotted Jesse Jackson in the crowd and is protecting his nuts?

JustRalph
08-07-2010, 06:18 PM
He spotted Jesse Jackson in the crowd and is protecting his nuts?
:lol:

TheBid9
08-07-2010, 07:45 PM
It seems, when it comes to patriotism and love of country, this banana just doesn't have a clue.

cj's dad
08-07-2010, 11:21 PM
As every day passes I begin to understand this picture more. I have viewed it before but think it means much much more every day.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/files/2010/08/obama-pledge-large.jpg

It reminds me of the Keeneland employees who refused to stand for the National Anthem when the whole damn simulcast room is standing with their hands over their hearts and actually singing...........

He is garbage !!

No reparations=retaliation !!

Steve 'StatMan'
08-07-2010, 11:30 PM
When one can't bother enough to raise one hand about 12 inches higher and leave it there for about 1 minute to show respect for the country with everyone looking, what can he actually be bothered to do.

Tom
08-07-2010, 11:59 PM
When one can't bother enough to raise one hand about 12 inches higher and leave it there for about 1 minute to show respect for the country with everyone looking, what can he actually be bothered to do.

uh.....bow to every slimeball in the world to show THEM respect?
uh....they didn't say Simon Sez?

CJD......I don't know if he is garbage or not....I've seen garbage, and it is MUCH better! :lol:

TrifectaMike
08-08-2010, 12:01 AM

Let's be fair. Do you have any idea how much practice was involved in getting the bowing thing just right?

Buddy "the Stooper Scooper" Obama

Mike

hcap
08-08-2010, 06:14 AM
http://www.badidea.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sad_bush2.jpg

No smile. Tiny flag. What was this guy thinking?

The PA OT gang has gone digging again

It seems, when it comes to patriotism and love of country, this banana just doesn't have a clue.

illinoisbred
08-08-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.badidea.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sad_bush2.jpg

No smile. Tiny flag. What was this guy thinking?

The PA OT gang has gone digging again
One really doesn't have to dig when it comes to Obama. His ineptitude in all it's splendor is on display daily.

Robert Goren
08-08-2010, 08:48 AM
I think the hand over the heart is a regional thing or maybe an age thing to some degree. Here in Nebraska, maybe 10% do it.

jballscalls
08-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I think the hand over the heart is a regional thing or maybe an age thing to some degree. Here in Nebraska, maybe 10% do it.

we play the anthem everyday at the track and i've been to a million baseball games, and i'd say roughly 10% of the people put their hand over their heart at those events as well.

I mean i know it's PA OT so if he scratches his knee it's somehow unpatriotic and he hates America for doing it, but i think this is only something that outrages people who don't like his politics. I have a strange feeling they wouldn't be upset if Sarah did the same thing, but to each their own. Ralph is kind of Glenn Beck'ing here bringing up images to fire up the masses!!

jonnielu
08-08-2010, 10:32 AM
we play the anthem everyday at the track and i've been to a million baseball games, and i'd say roughly 10% of the people put their hand over their heart at those events as well.

I mean i know it's PA OT so if he scratches his knee it's somehow unpatriotic and he hates America for doing it, but i think this is only something that outrages people who don't like his politics. I have a strange feeling they wouldn't be upset if Sarah did the same thing, but to each their own. Ralph is kind of Glenn Beck'ing here bringing up images to fire up the masses!!

There are probably a lot more people that are willing to overlook the obvious while they wait for the great changer to come and fill their gas tank, and drop off a mortgage payment.

jdl

jballscalls
08-08-2010, 10:46 AM
There are probably a lot more people that are willing to overlook the obvious while they wait for the great changer to come and fill their gas tank, and drop off a mortgage payment.

jdl

its interesting, because everyone i know that voted for obama (90% of the people i know) none of them expect or are waiting for what you said.

i know there was that one lady in the video, but come on.

DJofSD
08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Obama thinks they are pledging alligiance to HIM.

ArlJim78
08-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Its not a regional thing, everyone is taught this, its part of the US code. title 4

Sec. 4. Pledge of allegiance to the flag; manner of delivery

The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: ``I pledge allegiance to the
Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it
stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for
all.'', should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with
the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any
non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left

Obama has to be the first president who considers it optional. But hey he's only the president, we shouldn't expect any more patriotism from him than folks at a ballgame or at the track.

jballscalls
08-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Its not a regional thing, everyone is taught this, its part of the US code. title 4

Obama has to be the first president who considers it optional. But hey he's only the president, we shouldn't expect any more patriotism from him than folks at a ballgame or at the track.

i think we're talking about 2 different things. Me and Robert were talking about the National Anthem, not the pledge of allegiance.

was Obama doing it during the anthem or the pledge?

it wasn't referenced in this thread above whether the picture was during the pledge or the anthem?

cause your right, everyone is taught to do the hand over the heart during the pledge

bigmack
08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

BlueShoe
08-08-2010, 01:27 PM
It was the wrong flag for him. If, instead of the Stars and Stripes, the one flying had born the Hammer & Sickle, our Comrade President would have indeed rendered his deepest respect with all honors.

prospector
08-09-2010, 09:52 AM
its interesting, because everyone i know that voted for obama (90% of the people i know)

talk about traveling with the wrong crowd.....:)

jballscalls
08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
talk about traveling with the wrong crowd.....:)

more of a geographical thing, i mean in this city i think 73% voted for him, and i dont live in the part of town that the 27%ers live in, thus my options are limited :)

prospector
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
more of a geographical thing, i mean in this city i think 73% voted for him, and i dont live in the part of town that the 27%ers live in, thus my options are limited :)
you've still got almost 90 days to convert your friends...

DJofSD
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
you've still got almost 90 days to convert your friends...
Tall order.

Have them watch the History Channel and History International every day for an hour or two. And beforehand, make sure they understand this is non-fiction and they are not watching the SyFi channel.

TJDave
08-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I think we ought to make it a law punishable by a $1000 fine. Then raid every football and basketball stadium and baseball park. We'd have the national debt paid off long before the Superbowl.