PDA

View Full Version : As of 9:00 am Shirreffs is reportedly "Livid" with the Del Mar Polytrack condition!

andymays
08-07-2010, 01:08 PM
This excerpt is from Bruno DeJulio of www.racingwithbruno.com

http://www.dmtc.com/handicapping/bruno/index.php?f=/handicapping/bruno/100807.html

Excerpt:

Addendum:

As of 9 AM the track conditions had regressed since the track we saw on Friday morning. John Shirreffs by all reports is livid with the current condition.

David Flores walked out to middle of track while speaking on the phone during the break grabbing handfuls of the poly which now resembles dirt.

Gary and Richard Mandella were on main track at the 7f pole during the break. Also, seemed in concern.

Not trying to be a party-pooper but this polytrack is not the same and if we lose Zenyatta today it would a blow to the California racing industry I am not so sure we would recover from.

I don't know how Joe Harper or Craig Fravel actually do not go bald....

Fingal
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
As one of the morning radio shows out here put it-

" Zenyatta may be 1/5 in the program, but it's not 1/5 that she'll run. "

andymays
08-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Synthetic surfaces are the greatest fraud in the History of racing and Polytrack at Del Mar leads the way.

DJofSD
08-07-2010, 01:52 PM
OK, thanks Andy. I'm booking a PM tee time right now.

andymays
08-07-2010, 01:53 PM

You're killing me. :lol:

cj
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM

I played this morning, too damn hot in the afternoon here. I guess California has at least one thing going for it.

GaryG
08-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I would like to see Shirreffs tell them to take that "material" and put it where the sun doesn't shine. Then ship Z east where they have real race tracks. And some competition.

letswastemoney
08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
It would be the best thing for Del Mar if Zenyatta scratched.

Maybe they can then reconsider the surface if a star such as Zenyatta won't even run on it.

andymays
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
It would be the best thing for Del Mar if Zenyatta scratched.

Maybe they can then reconsider the surface if a star such as Zenyatta won't even run on it.

You may be right but they still want the attendance today. If they announce a scratch early too many people will stay home and they'll lose a lot of on track handle and money from admissions/parking/concessions.

The surface definitely needs to go. It always needed to go after day one but it's taken four years for everyone to finally get it.

JBmadera
08-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I don't really follow DMR - is there a real issue w/safety or is this just BS? Of course horses shouldn't run if there is a legitimate issue with the track but it doesn't seem like that is the case here.

thx

andymays
08-07-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't really follow DMR - is there a real issue w/safety or is this just BS? Of course horses shouldn't run if there is a legitimate issue with the track but it doesn't seem like that is the case here.

thx

Overall I think it's much safer this year than last but nobody likes it because of the inconsistency.

Shirreffs is out of his mind to run her on this Polytrack given all the negative quotes coming from him about it. If anything happens to her or she loses he won't be able to live with himself. He will second guess himself for the rest of his life. It's not like there has only been one quote from him about Del Mar. There must have been 20 over the last few years from him knocking the Del Mar Poly and synthetic surfaces in general.

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Overall I think it's much safer this year than last but nobody likes it because of the inconsistency.

Shirreffs is out of his mind to run her on this Polytrack given all the negative quotes coming from him about it. If anything happens to her or she loses he won't be able to live with himself. He will second guess himself for the rest of his life. It's not like there has only been one quote from him about Del Mar. There must have been 20 over the last few years from him knocking the Del Mar Poly and synthetic surfaces in general.

So he points her in that direction.... :lol:

Lasix67
08-07-2010, 02:38 PM
So why does he keep racing her on this crap?

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
A good time to use the situation to make a statement imo...

andymays
08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
So he points her in that direction.... :lol:

Much of the decision to run at Del Mar today is about Politics/California racing.

Moss is on the CHRB board and the Executives at Del Mar have a lot of "juice" in California racing.

Edward DeVere
08-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Shirreffs is out of his mind.

Yep.

And he's driving me out of mine.

Java Gold@TFT
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Didn't I read there have already been 6 deaths at Del Mar this year? Maybe I'm mistaken about that number and not sure if it included mornings too. Still, being local to Saratoga I haven't heard about anything wrong with their dirt and it's been kind of a quirky weather situation up here.

andymays
08-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Didn't I read there have already been 6 deaths at Del Mar this year? Maybe I'm mistaken about that number and not sure if it included mornings too. Still, being local to Saratoga I haven't heard about anything wrong with their dirt and it's been kind of a quirky weather situation up here.

I think there have been three on the Polytrack.

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Much of the decision to run at Del Mar today is about Politics/California racing.

Moss is on the CHRB board and the Executives at Del Mar have a lot of "juice" in California racing.

Once again...a good time to use the mare to make a statement.

andymays
08-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I can't argue with you on this. I certainly wouldn't run her on this Poly.

What about waiting till after the second race to make a decision? Some people already have tickets bet. It seems to me if the scratch late they still get the attendance and a higher probability of getting a pick 6 carryover for Sunday. Hmmmmmm ;)

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I can't argue with you on this. I certainly wouldn't run her on this Poly.

What about waiting till after the second race to make a decision? Some people already have tickets bet. It seems to me if the scratch late they still get the attendance and a higher probability of getting a pick 6 carryover for Sunday. Hmmmmmm ;)

I have every confidence they have all the angles on this one.

GaryG
08-07-2010, 03:09 PM
It seems to me if the scratch late they still get the attendance and a higher probability of getting a pick 6 carryover for Sunday. Hmmmmmm ;)They would also get an extremely snarly crowd that may not be in the mood for any more hot dogs and beer.

andymays
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
They would also get an extremely snarly crowd that may not be in the mood for any more hot dogs and beer.
Whatever they do we'll have a lot of stuff to talk about on PA. ;) :D

sonnyp
08-07-2010, 03:27 PM
your quote about scratching zenyatta:

your quote from "shame on you doug o'niell"

Join PETA and see how credible you are outside the grandstands as we ply our trade..... :rolleyes:

i see, when it's a horse like zenyatta you would scratch her to make a statement about track safety.... but a $2,000 claimer like bernna dette at los al, f__k her, i've gotta "ply my trade". run her to her death.

i've said this in other threads...check your credibility.

ArlJim78
08-07-2010, 03:33 PM
for the life of me I don't understand why they even entered her in this race. they can't claim to be "surprised" about the surface. she should have been on a dirt campaign for her final three races.

joanied
08-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I have been scratching my head over the C Hirsch since the day they announced it'd be Zenny's next start...and with this latest news about the Poly at Del Mar...I have to agree that Sherriff's has got to scratch the great mare...as andy said, if she looses or gets hurt, Sherriff's will be beating himself up for the rest of his life...and rightly so...I don't give a damn about Moss being on the board, no doubt, he puts his mare before the board members...
I couldn't wait to see Zen run again...but at this point in time...f*** Del Mar...scratch the mare...as careful as they've been since day one, why take a chance today...just not worth it.
Send her East...she'll be just as happy, IMO.

Stillriledup
08-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Hopefully, whatever happens, it DOES NOT work out well for Del mar in the end. Lets get rid of the plastic junk and get back to real dirt racing.

Oops, i forgot, regular dirt won't create as many carryovers. Speaking of carryovers, did you realize there's one today? :rolleyes:

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 03:51 PM
your quote about scratching zenyatta:

your quote from "shame on you doug o'niell"

Join PETA and see how credible you are outside the grandstands as we ply our trade..... :rolleyes:

i see, when it's a horse like zenyatta you would scratch her to make a statement about track safety.... but a $2,000 claimer like bernna dette at los al, f__k her, i've gotta "ply my trade". run her to her death.

i've said this in other threads...check your credibility.

Who in the real world would care about anyone scratching a 2k claimer? And would not the reason be obvious?? Same logic for Zenyatta. One gets noticed, and the other does not. 2k claimers have little political clout.

andymays
08-07-2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/07/zenyatta-ready-extend-streak/

Excerpt:

Shirreffs was visibly upset with track conditions early this morning . He huddled with exercise rider Steve Willard, who was on the track at 7 a.m. checking it before he jogged the legendary mare over it.

After Zenyatta jogged, Shirreffs said the track was 70 percent better and that it "will get better as the day goes on."

Zenyatta isn't expected to race until 6:05 p.m. tonight, post time for the ninth race.

Del Mar track superintendent Richard Tedesco said he worked the track until 11 p.m. Friday night, following the B-52s concert. He heard the many complaints from trainers and exercise riders. Trainers reportedly pulled horses off the track today, others trained. Tedesco said he added water to it to get the materials to quit separating. The chief complaint was that it was cupping and clumping together under the horses doing morning workouts.

Tedesco said Polytrack manufacturers have no clue how much attention the synthetic tracks require in a unique climate like Southern California, particularly San Diego.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 4 years of this crap we finally have someone telling the truth!

Stillriledup
08-07-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/07/zenyatta-ready-extend-streak/

Excerpt:

Shirreffs was visibly upset with track conditions early this morning . He huddled with exercise rider Steve Willard, who was on the track at 7 a.m. checking it before he jogged the legendary mare over it.

After Zenyatta jogged, Shirreffs said the track was 70 percent better and that it "will get better as the day goes on."

Zenyatta isn't expected to race until 6:05 p.m. tonight, post time for the ninth race.

Del Mar track superintendent Richard Tedesco said he worked the track until 11 p.m. Friday night, following the B-52s concert. He heard the many complaints from trainers and exercise riders. Trainers reportedly pulled horses off the track today, others trained. Tedesco said he added water to it to get the materials to quit separating. The chief complaint was that it was cupping and clumping together under the horses doing morning workouts.

Tedesco said Polytrack manufacturers have no clue how much attention the synthetic tracks require in a unique climate like Southern California, particularly San Diego.

"Have No Clue"

There's a lot of clueless stuff going on in California these days.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 03:55 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 4 years of this crap we finally have someone telling the truth!This is total insanity coming from a supposed major league racetrack like Del Mar.

I can guarantee you that if any of us on this board owned Zenyatta, we wouldn't be running her on a track where these types of comments are coming out of the track super + other trainers and exercise riders.

andymays
08-07-2010, 03:59 PM
This is total insanity coming from a supposed major league racetrack like Del Mar.

I can guarantee you that if any of us on this board owned Zenyatta, we wouldn't be running her on a track where these types of comments are coming out of the track super + other trainers and exercise riders.

You really can't make this stuff up.

All this shit has been going on for 4 years down there.

I don't know how many times I've said the same thing for over three years.

HRTV and TVG along with Racing Officials and Racing Executives have put out propaganda about this junk from the get go. They should all be held accountable for lying to the public for so long.

joanied
08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
This is total insanity coming from a supposed major league racetrack like Del Mar.

Right:ThmbUp: ...I keep sending mind thoughts to Sherriff's....scratch, scratch, scratch!!

andymays
08-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Right:ThmbUp: ...I keep sending mind thoughts to Sherriff's ....scratch, scratch, scratch!!
I like that. :ThmbUp: :lol:

You made my day! :)

lamboguy
08-07-2010, 04:09 PM

run on it? if it was me i would stay at least 3000 miles away from it.

joanied
08-07-2010, 04:12 PM

andy...anytime I make your day...it's a good day for me;) :D

Relwob Owner
08-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Andy,

Thanks for keeping us informed throughout the day....what I found so ridiculously hypocritical is that Z's owner and trainer seem to have used the whole "doing what is best for the mare" thing as a smokescreen for ducking competition throughout the year....does racing today seem like it is "doing what is best for the mare?"

andymays
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Andy,

Thanks for keeping us informed throughout the day....what I found so ridiculously hypocritical is that Z's owner and trainer seem to have used the whole "doing what is best for the mare" thing as a smokescreen for ducking competition throughout the year....does racing today seem like it is "doing what is best for the mare?"

This is really like a twilight zone episode. There are so many weird things happening out here it's unreal.

I have a feeling the drama will continue for anywhere from a day to a week depending on what happens.

joanied
08-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Like Relwob said...thanks, andy for your updates...don't know what we'd do without you...I'll be off & on here now for the rest of the day...I'll keep checking to see what else you report from out there....and hope it's to tell us they scratched Zenyatta.
Del Mar sucks:mad:

David-LV
08-07-2010, 05:01 PM
God forbid anything happen to Zenyatta if they run her on that poly-crap,
John Shirreffs and the Moss's will never forgive themselves.

You would be better off if you run the DMR races on the beach then on that junk that they call a race track.

Harper, wake up you were sold a bill of goods by a bunch of snake oil salesmen who left town with all the cash and stuck you with a surface that 85% of anybody, and everybody in racing thinks is a complete joke.

sandpit
08-07-2010, 05:26 PM
All kinds of perspectives here. I wouldn't run her either, but there's no guarantee that running on the dirt is any better for her. Many on here have said she's not even proven herself on dirt, so who's to say she would be comfortable on it?

The best mare in the history of racing snapped it on a nice safe dirt track.

Every time one of them steps on the track, it could be their final day. Seth Hancock once said he couldn't hardly watch Lure run because he was so worried something would happen to him, and the horse was as sound as they come until he strained himself a few weeks before the BC at CD.

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 05:30 PM
All kinds of perspectives here. I wouldn't run her either, but there's no guarantee that running on the dirt is any better for her.No guarantees ever. However, nobody is running around commenting on how screwed up the surface is at Saratoga at the moment.

And as far as this game goes, why in the world would you take a chance given the up-to-the-moment commentary coming out of the people on the ground at Del Mar?

Shelby
08-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm going to be on pins and needles praying that none of the horses get hurt.

rrbauer
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
You may be right but they still want the attendance today. If they announce a scratch early too many people will stay home and they'll lose a lot of on track handle and money from admissions/parking/concessions.

They can scratch a horse from a stakes race in CA up to an hour before post time.

andymays
08-07-2010, 05:38 PM
They can scratch a horse from a stakes race in CA up to an hour before post time.

Shirreffs was quoted as saying that a few days ago. I think if she's going to scratch they'll do it between now (after the second race), but before the pick 6 starts. Probably within the next 30 minutes if they will at all.

joanied
08-07-2010, 05:38 PM
No guarantees ever. However, nobody is running around commenting on how screwed up the surface is at Saratoga at the moment.

And as far as this game goes, why in the world would you take a chance given the up-to-the-moment commentary coming out of the people on the ground at Del Mar?

I agree...I switched from HRTV to TVG for the Test Stakes and I'm staying at TVG right now...the picture quality is so much better...anyway...they keep talking about Zenyatta, so I assume as of right now...she's gonna run...But I'm in hopes that they'll decide to play it safe and scratch!!

Hanover1
08-07-2010, 05:42 PM
There will be those that support the theory that the surface suggest she is vulnerable to a loss, thus ending the perfection. I would hope that those folks would come to their senses and understand that if the surface is that much of a joke, she should/did scratch, thus sending a message.
I hope she bails.......

andymays
08-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Polytrack woes threatened Zenyatta's appearance - SignOnSanDiego.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/07/polytrack-woes-threatened-zenyattas-appearance/

Excerpt:

Del Mar , where the Poly meets the surf, where the Poly hits the fan, daily.

Excerpt:

Tedesco is not shy these days when it comes to ripping the inventors of synthetic tracks. The synthetics were supposed to be less maintenance for tracks. They were supposed to be safer, and though early statistics show they have been, the jury remains out on that until more data is in. But one thing is for sure. They do require more maintenance, much more. Del Mar Thoroughbred Club officials have had to constantly monitor this track. They’ve added water trucks, reverse osmosis tanks to filter it and make it more pure to add to the quirky Polytrack. And then there’s Tedesco’s routine of working late, working again at 1 a.m. in the morning and then renovating it throughout the day.

“It’s a constant maintenance,” Tedesco said. “But don’t forget, I’ve been through Santa Anita. I know a lot of people in this industry don’t like me saying it, but the guys who invented this stuff don’t know how to maintain it. We have to make our own maintenance programs. Everybody didn’t investigate that. The low maintenance meant they were taking it off European tracks. They don’t train on them. They just gallop over them. It’s a whole different ballgame over there.”

MickJ26
08-07-2010, 06:01 PM
The only good possible outcome is Zenyatta wins.
If she runs and loses, she's no longer invincible.
If she scratches, a lot of angry people made the trip to Del Mar for nothing.
If she breaks down or is injured, a public relations nightmare.
They should pay the connections of the other five horses to take a dive and cancel all wagering for this race.
But, seriously, Zenyatta is a powerfully built mare.
I hope she'll be just fine.

Mineshaft
08-07-2010, 06:08 PM
so whats the latest?

has TVG interviewed Sherrifs? what are the announcers saying?

joanied
08-07-2010, 06:14 PM
More from the article andy just posted:

Early Saturday morning, the carpet fibers and other materials were breaking apart and not forming the proper treading. Trainers quit working their horses in some cases. Shirreffs huddled with Zenyatta’s exercise rider, Steve Willard, who then went out onto the track to see for himself.

As Zenyatta took her morning walk in the palm tree-decorated walking ring in the center of Shirreffs’ barn on the Del Mar backstretch, Willard went out onto the Polytrack to see it for himself. He talked to other riders, other trainers and then stood and watched.

His expression told it all. The Polytrack was a mess, just as he suspected.

But then the morning break came. Tedesco figured out what to do.

“I put out the harrows, and we started working it, watering it,” Tedesco said. “The inventors of this stuff say not to water it, but water neutralizes the stick. I went over this morning and grabbed some stuff off the track. I put it under a hose to see how much water I could add to it so I could turn it around in a short time. That’s why I put both water trucks out there. It needed a lot of water. They went around once, filled up and came back again. That turned the track around.”

The confirmation of that came from Shirreffs when Tedesco visited his barn. They’ve been friends since Shirreffs was a groom. They go way back. But this is business. This is Zenyatta we’re talking about here. This is history in the making, and Shirreffs can spook from a race faster than Zenyatta can raise those tuned-in ears of her’s.

“John said it’s 70 percent better than it was earlier,” Tedesco said.

Now I'm really worried...I almost wish Tedesco didn't work his magic...I've never wanted a horse scratched from a race as much as I do this one...seems to me it's a no brainer for Sherriff's and Moss...besides the fact the surface is a mess, even at 70% better than this morning...Zenyatta hates the surface too...
jeeze, just scratch her...and f*** the board members...and as for the fans, tough luck, but do they want to see her struggle...I doubt it...they will forgive.

andymays
08-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Joanied, Shirreffs is definitely the biggest gambler on the planet today.

I hope he pulls it off. If he doesn't I hope Rinterval wins for Jerry Jam.

Mineshaft
08-07-2010, 06:21 PM
TVG just said the track is slow as all get out.

Not a good thing for Zens closing style

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Not a good thing for Zens closing styleWhen you're running against sub-quality, it really doesn't matter much.

Edward DeVere
08-07-2010, 06:45 PM

Not a good thing for Zens closing style

Huh? Closers tore it up last night and they're tearing it up again today.

And the track appears safe.

So let's sum up:

1.) Track favors closers.
2.) Track appears safe.
3.) Competition is weak.
4.) Weight spreads are laughable.
5.) 1-9 shots have a very high win rate.

Call me crazy, but I think Zenyatta has a legitimate chance to win this thing.

joanied
08-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Joanied, Shirreffs is definitely the biggest gambler on the planet today.

I hope he pulls it off. If he doesn't I hope Rinterval wins for Jerry Jam.

andy...if he gambles with Zenyatta, I'm gonna be a little pissed off at him...
but, OK...if she don't run (I hope)...I'll root for Rinterval:jump:

joanied
08-07-2010, 06:48 PM
When you're running against sub-quality, it really doesn't matter much.

I don't agree with that...this is exactly the 'set up' for an upset...she'll be laboring on that crap...
but...we have conflicting reports...now someone is saying it's playing fast...what a clusterf*** this is.

andymays
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
The surface looks pretty tough to me. Some of the contenders aren't handling it at all.

Shelby
08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Zenyatta doesn't need this race..I sure wish they would sit her out *sigh*

I don't understand why they won't...but I guess they know best.

sonnyp
08-07-2010, 07:13 PM
TVG reporting mike smith is" taking off" 1st time starter in race just prior to zenyatta which, to them, indicates he doesn't want to take any chances prior to her race.

he must be pretty sure she's going

Dahoss9698
08-07-2010, 07:17 PM
It's pretty funny. The detention barn in NY was a big deal. But a track that the connections aren't happy about is seemingly okay to run over.

Anyone else think the connections are playing all of this up in case she doesn't run well? I mean seriously, if they are so concerned just scratch. They did at Churchill last year.

No one plays the media and tracks like the Zenyatta connections.

andymays
08-07-2010, 07:21 PM
It's pretty funny. The detention barn in NY was a big deal. But a track that the connections aren't happy about is seemingly okay to run over.

Anyone else think the connections are playing all of this up in case she doesn't run well? I mean seriously, if they are so concerned just scratch. They did at Churchill last year.

No one plays the media and tracks like the Zenyatta connections.

The whole drama is one big embarrassment. It's hard to believe this stuff is going on.

HuggingTheRail
08-07-2010, 07:25 PM
And I mock my wife for watching soap operas....:bang:

letswastemoney
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Strange how worried people are that Zenyatta might lose against this field...

yet they expect her to easily gun down Quality Road/Blame etc, 2 horses who would destroy a filly like Dance To My Tune?

The track might be unsafe, but I can't see Zenyatta losing unless she's seriously injured during the running.

bane
08-07-2010, 07:31 PM

yet they expect her to easily gun down Quality Road/Blame etc, 2 horses who would destroy a filly like Dance To My Tune?

The track might be unsafe, but I can't see Zenyatta losing unless she's seriously injured during the running.

Unless lightning hits her in the starting gate?

andymays
08-07-2010, 07:32 PM

Some of the contenders aren't handling the surface at all today. If she happens to be one of the ones that doesn't handle it then we might see an upset. It looks to me like the surface is playing to her strength much like the Pro Ride at Santa Anita played to closers. That's not to say you can't win on the lead but it's not that easy.

tucker6
08-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Some of the contenders aren't handling the surface at all today. If she happens to be one of the ones that doesn't handle it then we might see an upset. It looks to me like the surface is playing to her strength much like the Pro Ride at Santa Anita played to closers. That's not to say you can't win on the lead but it's not that easy.
Surprising ain't it Andy!!

joanied
08-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Looks like she's gonna run...and they are starting the 'show' right now...I'm recording it...gotta run out and do some chores...all I can say is, I hope they are doing the right thing...and, although I have a headache because this is stressing me out...I can't wait...I beleive she can overcome whatever the track throws at her...here comes # 18:jump: :jump: :jump:

andy...I hope your filly gets the place.

OH...Mike Smith just won, coming from off the pace...a good omen:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Strange how worried people are that Zenyatta might lose against this field...Who might that be? Nobody should be worried she's going to lose here.

There is exactly one graded race victory showing in the PPs amongst the horses facing Zenyatta today. That would be Made for Magic who won the G2 Milady back in May at Hollywood. No other Graded victories showing for any other challenger.

Edward DeVere
08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Looks like she's gonna run...and they are starting the 'show' right now...I'm recording it...gotta run out and do some chores...all I can say is, I hope they are doing the right thing...and, although I have a headache because this is stressing me out...I can't wait...I beleive she can overcome whatever the track throws at her...here comes # 18:jump: :jump: :jump:

Good thing you didn't live in the 19th century. I figure about halfway through Kincsem's 54-for-54, over all manner of different racetracks and course conditions, you would have just . . . exploded . . . into millions and millions of tiny particles.

;-)

Shelby
08-07-2010, 09:49 PM

I don't think she would lose, I just want her to be healthy.

Shelby
08-07-2010, 09:50 PM

andy...I hope your filly gets the place.

OH...Mike Smith just won, coming from off the pace...a good omen:ThmbUp:

Another Kleenex moment for me lol. I love the interaction between Mike and Zenyatta.

What a great horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby
08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Good thing you didn't live in the 19th century. I figure about halfway through Kincsem's 54-for-54, over all manner of different racetracks and course conditions, you would have just . . . exploded . . . into millions and millions of tiny particles.

;-)

I prolly would have exploded right with her ;)

If we didn't get passionate about horse racing, what would be the point???

joanied
08-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I've been busy here with our malt barley harvest...now we're done and I'm catching up here...just saw the post from Edward DeVere...and Shelby...
like Shelby said, Edward...if we can't be passionate about racing, why bother...I get crazy everytime one of my favorite horses runs...and if it means I'll explode...so be it :D ...ka-booooom:jump: :jump: :jump:

horses721
08-24-2010, 07:55 PM
So why does he keep racing her on this crap?
They only do what is best for the horse. Even if it means racing on a surface that isn't safe and most importantly, she doesn't like? :bang:

David-LV
08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
They only do what is best for the horse. Even if it means racing on a surface that isn't safe and most importantly, she doesn't like? :bang:

It is called money first above everything else.

The name of the game should be changed to get the cash.

_________
David-LV