PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone object if we.......

Tom
08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
......solved 80% of all of our problems by simply:

1. Adopting in it's entirety the Mexican immigration policy
2. Adopting in it's entirely the Chinese trade policy

cj's dad
08-07-2010, 10:43 AM

Way too simple Tom - the leftwingnuts will find some reason to object.

Just be patient.

I can hear them now. It's like the clouds before a storm.

Robert Goren
08-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Most Dem politicians would not go for #1
Most Rep politicians would not go for #2
Most Americans would go for both.

HUSKER55
08-07-2010, 11:14 AM
DO I hear an "amen"?

delayjf
08-07-2010, 11:31 AM
EXACTLY – and the Mexican Gov has the gall to complain about the enforcement of US immigration policy.

TJDave
08-07-2010, 12:56 PM

Most Americans are only familiar with a small percentage of Mexico's immigration policies, specifically with regard to how it controls its southern border. In balance and when compared to the U.S., Mexico's policies are very liberal. Basically open door. If adopted, the U.S. would be inundated. All illegals in the U.S. would simply return home and then re-enter legally.

Tom
08-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Most Americans are only familiar with a small percentage of Mexico's immigration policies, specifically with regard to how it controls its southern border. In balance and when compared to the U.S., Mexico's policies are very liberal. Basically open door. If adopted, the U.S. would be inundated. All illegals in the U.S. would simply return home and then re-enter legally.

You had better read their law.

TJDave
08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
You had better read their law.

I am currently part of the Mexican immigration process. I know the law backwards and forwards.

woodtoo
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
And the law says ?

TJDave
08-07-2010, 03:10 PM
And the law says ?

With regard to what? Mexican immigration law is extensive.

bigmack
08-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Let's say for the sake of discussion Mexico has more than an inviting immigration policy. You'd still be hard pressed to find anyone willing to live in such a horrifically corrupt place.

GameTheory
08-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Lots of people are retiring to Mexico. They have havens for old Americans that are quite nice, safe (as long as you stay there), and relatively cheap...

JustRalph
08-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Let's say for the sake of discussion Mexico has more than an inviting immigration policy. You'd still be hard pressed to find anyone willing to live in such a horrifically corrupt place.

I don't know, I am starting to wonder what is worse.......Washington or Mexico

bigmack
08-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't know, I am starting to wonder what is worse.......Washington or Mexico
2009 Corruption ranking has Mexico tied with Morocco & Rwanda. :eek:
http://www.worldaudit.org/corruption.htm

TJDave
08-07-2010, 03:32 PM

Probably the reason Mexico is not overrun by immigrants. So be it...I like the peace and quiet. And I also appreciate the corruption...part of the charm. I wouldn't consider living here without it.

My point was that if the U.S. adopted the same inviting policies we would be neck deep in immigrants.

bigmack
08-07-2010, 03:36 PM
My point was that if the U.S. adopted the same inviting policies we would be neck deep in immigrants.
You mean they don't offer free medical and social services like we do?

chickenhead
08-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Lots of people are retiring to Mexico. They have havens for old Americans that are quite nice, safe (as long as you stay there), and relatively cheap...

I keep hearing about Panama....They use dollars and speak English, and beers cost $0.40. I'm contemplating early retirement.

TJDave
08-07-2010, 03:47 PM
You mean they don't offer free medical and social services like we do?

But I wouldn't consider using them. ;)

bigmack
08-07-2010, 03:49 PM
I keep hearing about Panama....They use dollars and speak English, and beers cost $0.40. I'm contemplating early retirement.
Three-bedroom custom-built houses start at $138,000 and ocean-view lots are under $30,000.

Panama has one of the lowest costs of living in all Central and South America: A U.S.-style home can be built for about $40 per square foot; unskilled labor costs $6.40 per day; a full-time live-in maid costs $120 to $160 a month; a beer at a bar costs 35 cents; a cup of coffee, 30 cents; a haircut and shave can cost as little as $2; an afternoon at a beauty salon is $8; electricity is about 10 cents per kilowatt-hour; water bills are $18 per year

Newcomers who buy or build a new house won't owe any property taxes for 20 years.
Residents pay no taxes on foreign-earned income.
Tourism investments have 20-year exemptions from import duties, fees for construction materials and equipment, and income, real estate and other taxes.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/8_7_10_12_46_38.jpg

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/RetirementandWills/RetireInStyle/PanamaIsParadiseForRetirees.aspx

Tom
08-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Mexico law.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/may/03/mexicos-illegals-laws-tougher-than-arizonas/

JustRalph
08-07-2010, 04:21 PM
why have I not heard of this strange place known as Panama ?

Are Americans flocking there? If so I give it about ten minutes before everything is sky high