PDA

View Full Version : DMRs pick 4 with Zenyatta tomorrow

Stillriledup
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I know that most people are very sensitive to changes, but what about this idea.

Have 2 seperate pick 4 pools, one with Zenyatta and one where she's barred from the wagering. Now, here's the caveat, if Zenyatta loses, it would be much more beneficial to bet into the pool where she was NOT barred. Of course, if she wins, which is more likely than not, she's going to be 1-100 in Pick 4s (every 'wiseguy' is going to say HEY i got a single!) but most bettors don't want this particular single, her presence really ruins a good wide open pick 4.

Unfortunately, this would cannibalize both pools, but i think both pools would still be at least 300k.

Which pool would you bet into, the Z pick 4 or the one where she was just barred?

I would bet into both, i like the option of not having to include a horse who's 1-100 odds in the pick 4s.

Saratoga_Mike
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
I know that most people are very sensitive to changes, but what about this idea.

Have 2 seperate pick 4 pools, one with Zenyatta and one where she's barred from the wagering. Now, here's the caveat, if Zenyatta loses, it would be much more beneficial to bet into the pool where she was NOT barred. Of course, if she wins, which is more likely than not, she's going to be 1-100 in Pick 4s (every 'wiseguy' is going to say HEY i got a single!) but most bettors don't want this particular single, her presence really ruins a good wide open pick 4.

Unfortunately, this would cannibalize both pools, but i think both pools would still be at least 300k.

Which pool would you bet into, the Z pick 4 or the one where she was just barred?

I would bet into both, i like the option of not having to include a horse who's 1-100 odds in the pick 4s.

I was at the races in Galway, Ireland, last week, and the bookmakers were offering win odds on certain races excluding heavy favorites (i.e., the heavy favorite was effectively a non-betting starter). I thought that was interesting. Your idea probably has merit, but I could see it causing a lot of confusion.

Cardus
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
This idea is stupid.

Saratoga_Mike
08-06-2010, 09:04 PM
This idea is stupid.

Such ambivalence.

Stillriledup
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Cardus telling it like it is! :lol:

beertapper
08-06-2010, 09:10 PM
i think you got something here, but the field size is too small in that leg still... most big players would have good coverage with only 5 horses...

betfair has some races where you can bet who will win without the fav... seen it for horses and golf (winner without woods).