PDA

View Full Version : by all thats holy

senortout
08-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Wait, leave religion outta this...

anyway, Pelican Lake just has to come down in the 5th at Saratoga!

But the result stays...check the replay, gimme opinions....maybe had she not won, she would have come down, but Bond needed a win at Saratoga so they gave it to him. How's about protecting our SHOW MONEY for a change?

senortout

JBmadera
08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
cost the :7: big time. but i am jaded as i bet the :5: and :7: to win.

GaryG
08-06-2010, 03:37 PM
When that happened I thought sure it would come down. Knocked that other horse out about 3 lanes. Pelican Lake was best, but that was flagrant.

exiles
08-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm very curious as to the explanation from the 3 stooges,ehr 3 stewards

JBmadera
08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
jock will get days, but that ain't gonna help my wallet!

PhantomOnTour
08-06-2010, 03:46 PM
He came over like Scrappy T. Contact that hard cannot go un punished imo. Yeah, the 2 was best but maybe the 7 was 3rd best or so and it may have cost him a placing; which is the question the stewards need to answer. They do have to post their reasoning on these matters now right? Or was there no objection at all?

tbwinner
08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm surprised that he didn't come down either. Although I had him apart of my Pick3 here (which paid better than if the 5 came in) I'm also interested in seeing the stew's explanation.

Striker
08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Anyone who had the #7 in an exacta, trifecta or to place or show was just ramrodded. That was ridiculous by the stewards.

OTM Al
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
RACE 5 - Steward’s Inquiry at the quarter pole, involving #2 Pelican Lake (S. Bridgmohan) on the inside of #7 She Wears the Best (E. Prado). In the judgment of the stewards, the contact between #2 and #7 in the vicinity of the quarter pole did not alter the finish of the race. The race is Official as is.

NYSRWB Rule 4035.2B A horse crossing another may be disqualified, if in the judgment of the stewards, it interferes with, impedes or intimidates another horse, or the foul altered the finish of the race, regardless of whether the foul was accidental, willful, or the result of careless riding. The stewards may also take into consideration mitigating factors, such as whether the impeded horse was partly at fault or the crossing was wholly caused by the fault of some other horse or jockey.

senortout
08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm just wondering if it all depends on what Prado on the seven tells the stewards, or what the stewards might have asked him(saw him talking on the phone, didn't look a bit agitated, I thought oh oh he's not arguing his case, but it should have been cut and dried....

say Prado was asked if his horse had a lot of run left and he was wishy washey with his answer....you know, maybe I could have caught third. What if he said, my horse was tiring(heaven forbid a jockey would say that with a full furlong or better to run) Or what if he had said(waving his hands in an animated fashion, not like him at all though, hes a gentleman) what if he had said for pete's sake he knocked me clean off stride and I lost two or three jumps right there and all(he did).....stews got a lot of explaining to do on this one. I got eyes.

JustRalph
08-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Jcapper really liked the horse.......but I didn't play....

wish I had now....... I couldn't believe they left that horse up :lol: :lol:

I thought he did it on purpose :lol:

tzipi
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I had the exacta but I really thought I was going to be taken down after that. Still can't believe I got 7-1 on a 5-2 ML horse!!! :eek:

Edward DeVere
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm just wondering if it all depends on what Prado on the seven tells the stewards, or what the stewards might have asked him(saw him talking on the phone, didn't look a bit agitated, I thought oh oh he's not arguing his case, but it should have been cut and dried....

say Prado was asked if his horse had a lot of run left and he was wishy washey with his answer....you know, maybe I could have caught third. What if he said, my horse was tiring(heaven forbid a jockey would say that with a full furlong or better to run) Or what if he had said(waving his hands in an animated fashion, not like him at all though, hes a gentleman) what if he had said for pete's sake he knocked me clean off stride and I lost two or three jumps right there and all(he did).....stews got a lot of explaining to do on this one. I got eyes.

I figure Prado was the key to this decision; when I look at his mount's PPs, I'm guessing Prado told the stewards his horse was out of gas (as always) in the stretch.

Vinnie
08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Honestly, I had the 5 and 3 so those antics cost me a meager Pic 4 for about 90.00, but, I was always of the understanding that when you blow into another horse that is already occupying a position on the track, you generally should automatically be taken down. I know that the 2 was clearly the Best on this day, but c'mon... :confused:

cj
08-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I watched the replay finally a few times. There is no way that horse should have been DQed. No chance in hell, the stewards made the right call.

If you disagree, please tell me which horse was cost a placing. I sure can't find one. The jockey should certainly be fined and given days, but in no way should bettors and the horse's connections be punished.

Edward DeVere
08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I watched the replay finally a few times. There is no way that horse should have been DQed. No chance in hell, the stewards made the right call.

If you disagree, please tell me which horse was cost a placing. I sure can't find one. The jockey should certainly be fined and given days, but in no way should bettors and the horse's connections be punished.

Great minds think alike - and so do ours.