PDA

View Full Version : 7 year olds lemonade stand

jballscalls
08-06-2010, 12:45 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/portland_lemonade_stand_runs_i.html

Last thursday is an artsy fartsy festival the first thursday of each month here in portland down the street from my house. it's mostly alot of musicians, artists, wierdos, freaks, stores and the like having a street fair (picture boxcar's worst nightmare of liberals all parading around having fun)

well a 7 year old girl got stung by the health department for not having a $120 license to operate her lemonade stand there.

only in portland

DJofSD
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
7 years old is a bit on the young side to learn the harsh lessons of politics.

Way to go inspectors. Just crush that spirit of free enterprise and learing to work for what you want in life. Way to go.

GaryG
08-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Jeff Cogen, chairman of the Multnomah County Board of Commissions, told FoxNews.com that he apologized to the mother, Maria Fife, and is now turning his attention to changing the rules.

A bunch of frolicking hippies....keep em in Oregon.

DJofSD
08-06-2010, 01:22 PM
The apology was a step in the right direction but he weaseled out when he gave it to the mother and not the daughter. He also lost an opportunity to demonstrate to the little girl that people, including those in government, can and do make mistakes. And, they can and should own up to them.

Tom
08-06-2010, 02:05 PM
20+ million illegals here, and more coming in daily, and THIS is the law we decide to enforce?????????

Robert Goren
08-06-2010, 02:17 PM
20+ million illegals here, and more coming in daily, and THIS is the law we decide to enforce?????????There must not be a federal law on lemonade stands, otherwise the girl could get a federal judge to stop local enforcement.

PhantomOnTour
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Maybe she was selling that "Kool-Aid" some folks on here are always talking about :lol:
She must be stopped!

Steve 'StatMan'
08-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Gotta stop those lemonaide stands - they're dangerous! Gotta be very careful!

Warning: Graphic Cartoon Violence Based Humor (not for the easily offended)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165VjNKRNdw

JustRalph
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
It's an excellent lesson for the child. One step toward making her a conservative ..........she will know how it feels to be stepped on by the Government much earlier than her classmates

jballscalls
08-06-2010, 04:14 PM
It's an excellent lesson for the child. One step toward making her a conservative ..........she will know how it feels to be stepped on by the Government much earlier than her classmates

Ralph,

i think i'm the closest thing to a conservative that shows up at Last Thursday LOL

trust me, this kid will be voting for dem's

Shemp Howard
08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/portland_lemonade_stand_runs_i.html

Last thursday is an artsy fartsy festival the first thursday of each month here in portland down the street from my house. it's mostly alot of musicians, artists, wierdos, freaks, stores and the like having a street fair (picture boxcar's worst nightmare of liberals all parading around having fun)

well a 7 year old girl got stung by the health department for not having a $120 license to operate her lemonade stand there.

only in portland

Good thing she didn't "hire" an assistant lemon squeezer. She probably would have to provide the squeezer with health insurance or pay hefty fine.

DJofSD
08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Good thing she didn't "hire" an assistant lemon squeezer. She probably would have to provide the squeezer with health insurance or pay hefty fine.
To say nothing about paying the SSI and federal withholding.

JustRalph
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
don't forget workers comp

rastajenk
08-06-2010, 10:03 PM
And a Sarbanes-Oxley compliance officer.

bigmack
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I dig the scenery in OR but a vast majority of people are Birkenstock BooBoo's.

How could anyone in their right mind ask this kid for a permit?

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/photo/lemonade1jpgjpg-0930a77be036a276_large.jpg

Tom
08-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Did they check her papers?

DJofSD
08-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Did they check her papers?
And her mothers too.