PDA

View Full Version : Don't follow the trainer...Follow the owner

sonnyp
08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
just watched "endless circle" dust a supposedly unbeatable, todd pletcher trained "driven by success" in the john morrissey at saratoga. just a few starts ago, endless circle was in a $14,000 claimer. most would say just another page from the current "best seller" of rudy rodriguez.

i just happened to be looking at the list of owners of the horses in this race and, amazingly, endless circle is owned by james a. riccio.

the association of this owner and trainers who jump up from, basically, nowhere over the last 10-15 years, imho is more than simple coincidence.
i'm talking rodrigues, juan surey etc. and the like.

i'm no good at compiling stats and info, but i sure wish someone on the board could put together some stats on trainers before and after training horses for riccio.

he has changed trainers often over the period mentioned above and the "newly hired" trainers have all gone on phenominal runs. i believe "pistol pete" ferriola was one of his creations also.

Stillriledup
08-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Riccio must hold their bare feet to the hot coals. Works every time.

lamboguy
08-05-2010, 04:16 PM
i think riccio got lots of patients. when his horses win they pay great tickets.

KingChas
08-06-2010, 01:46 AM
just watched "endless circle" dust a supposedly unbeatable, todd pletcher trained "driven by success" in the john morrissey at saratoga.

I don't think everyone thought Driven by Success was unbeatable.
Endless Circle off at 3.70-1.

sonnyp
08-06-2010, 03:35 AM
hey listen......he went off at those odds because of his connections which is EXACTLY the point of this thread.

do you get it ??

Bluto Blutarsky
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
3 factors help make Riccio successful:

1) Riccio has tons of money to make claims of any amount
2) He is a master of claiming horses by the use of speed sheets
3) He only uses trainers who are superior claiming horse trainers

I understand what you are trying to infer- you are wrong.
Do YOU get it?

KingChas
08-06-2010, 09:16 AM
hey listen......he went off at those odds because of his connections which is EXACTLY the point of this thread.

do you get it ??

Nothing personal sonnyp,
I was looking at it from a handicappers point of view. ;)

eastie
08-06-2010, 09:28 AM

Do YOU get it?

so in other words

1) he has tons of money from betting on his juiced up charges
2) someone else tells him who to claim
3) he uses trainers who will go along for the ride

got it.:ThmbUp:

sonnyp
08-06-2010, 01:29 PM

Do YOU get it?

1) i have no idea how much money he has

2) taking $14,000 claimers and DUSTING minor stake horses happens all the time (if your name is barrera, ferriola, serey etc.)

3) serey was selling racing forms at monmouth, rodriguez was a hard working assistant and "jockey" in the rick dutrow barn. hardly "top claiming trainers" on the circuit.

by the way, did you catch the 1st at saratoga ? it's not that they win at a 50 % clip, their horses run right off the t v screen. take out the 2nd place horse in saratoga's first, it must have been 20 lengths back to third.

just coincidence ?

onefast99
08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
1) i have no idea how much money he has

2) taking $14,000 claimers and DUSTING minor stake horses happens all the time (if your name is barrera, ferriola, serey etc.)

3) serey was selling racing forms at monmouth, rodriguez was a hard working assistant and "jockey" in the rick dutrow barn. hardly "top claiming trainers" on the circuit.

by the way, did you catch the 1st at saratoga ? it's not that they win at a 50 % clip, their horses run right off the t v screen. take out the 2nd place horse in saratoga's first, it must have been 20 lengths back to third.

just coincidence ?
More than a coincidence.