PDA

View Full Version : Curious .. what's available??

Observer
08-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I've noticed that BRIS has nothing up yet (pps and such) for races to be run Thursday, Aug. 21. Is DRF the same??

Observer
08-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Guess somebody overslept today .. was surprised that no tracks for the 21st were up earlier this afternoon. But, they're on the ball now.

takeout
08-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Must be part of the blackout or the big "reengineering". :D I'm still waiting on a results file from BRIS for Sunday. The thing has been sitting there for two days now with all but the last race in it. :confused:

Observer
08-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Is BRIS going through some "reengineering"??

Have you called them regarding the info you're looking for??

takeout
08-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Observer
Is BRIS going through some "reengineering"??

Have you called them regarding the info you're looking for??
I don't know if BRIS is also "reengineering" but they use "DRF data". Makes it hard to figure out which one is dropping the ball sometimes. Like those three missing results files that BRIS never put in its database after the 9-11 terrorists attacks. DRF claims they resent the data to BRIS but I have my doubts. If DRF did in fact resend, then BRIS never made up the files and filled in the holes in their database. Either way it's damn shoddy work and one company reflects on the other. I would like to get shed of the "DRF data" I get via this BRIS file but right now I'm stuck with it.

If something isn't up there by tomorrow I guess I'll have to call. Even using DRF data you would think a results file would be up at BRIS by THREE DAYS after the races were over. GAWD!

Tom
08-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Love that term. We use it at work all the time - to describe all those times we screwed it up royally the first time around.
Ric Flare said to Rob Van Dam on time,"Kid, I've been the world champion 16 times! What do you think about that?"
RVD replied,"Gee, it must suck to lose the title 15 times!"