PDA

View Full Version : shaq to celts. good or bad?

Zippy Chippy
08-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm a Celts fan. I don't mind this move. Don't expect him to make a big impact but its exciting to have him here. Celts have to be the oldest team

tribecaagent
08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Funny you mention this.
I was in vegas for the finals, bet the celts, and bet a friend of mine shaq would end up in miami.

lamboguy
08-05-2010, 09:25 AM
the last time that i was at a celtics game was when michael jordan came in and larry bird played for the celts. i sat in section 88 row AA of the old boston garden. that was the very first row of the first balcony in that building. johnnie most used to sit and broadcast from the exact otherside of the court. johnnie most was the guy behind the "havlichek stole the ball". and "chamberlain takes three steps and lays it in". like the former celts teams that played great team ball, if shaq decides that he wants to win a championship and play with the other guys on the team it will be good for the team.

my favorite sport teams are the oakland raiders, new york yankees, montreal cannadiens, and the boston celtics. all are great franchises, although i admit that al davis is getting old and has lost his magic but i think this year he is putting out a better team.

eastie
08-05-2010, 09:49 AM
the last time that i was at a celtics game was when michael jordan came in and larry bird played for the celts. i sat in section 88 row AA of the old boston garden. that was the very first row of the first balcony in that building. johnnie most used to sit and broadcast from the exact otherside of the court. johnnie most was the guy behind the "havlichek stole the ball". and "chamberlain takes three steps and lays it in". like the former celts teams that played great team ball, if shaq decides that he wants to win a championship and play with the other guys on the team it will be good for the team.

my favorite sport teams are the oakland raiders, new york yankees, montreal cannadiens, and the boston celtics. all are great franchises, although i admit that al davis is getting old and has lost his magic but i think this year he is putting out a better team.

section 88 row AA. maybe the best seats EVER for hockey or basketball. the way the the balcony overhung the stadium you were literally right on top of everything. The Valenti Bros, used to get me balcony 86 row AA fro all the concerts. 2 sections closer to the stage , unobstructed view, and a big stack pointed right at you for loud and clear sound......ah the old Boston Garden. Boston Trivia Lambo.

Who was the only guy to ever play for the Bruins Celtics and Red Sox ? I sat in his old seats for Celtics sweet 16 that sunday afternoon.

lamboguy
08-05-2010, 10:27 AM
section 88 row AA. maybe the best seats EVER for hockey or basketball. the way the the balcony overhung the stadium you were literally right on top of everything. The Valenti Bros, used to get me balcony 86 row AA fro all the concerts. 2 sections closer to the stage , unobstructed view, and a big stack pointed right at you for loud and clear sound......ah the old Boston Garden. Boston Trivia Lambo.

Who was the only guy to ever play for the Bruins Celtics and Red Sox ? I sat in his old seats for Celtics sweet 16 that sunday afternoon.
the guy that played the organ.

as far as the valenti's go, al valenti the son is still alive. he hasn't promoted a fight in years. i was very friendly with freddy valenti, i knew his dad rip who was the fight promoter with sam silverman. i promoted a few fights in the boston area with rich capriello, the grandson of rocky marciano. he still is at the game, sometimes his fights are at the roxy and in taunton, once in awhile he had programs in foxwoods when he was hooked up with bob aarum..

when the yanks played the red sox for the playoff game in 1978 i had 5000 seats for the game to move. we moved them on the street infront of the ball park in 24 hours. i know a little bit about tickets in boston.

now that i think about it the guys name was kiley at the organ

another thing, those seats were the valenti's claim to fame at the garden. they always got those same seats. and they are awesome, better than the loges downstarts. i was in the building when they were building it, haven't been past the box office since then. it must have been about 20 years already. i use to have an office on causeway street across the steet from the tip o'neil building right next to the penalty box lounge!

eastie
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
tip was my Godfather. Freddy was the best. I wish they would get the fights back here. The fight crowd rocks. In the day it was Tecce's for dinner, and then to the fights...live card, then closed circuit, before the days of PPV.

John Kiley was correct, good job Lambo

lamboguy
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
my uncle took me to a fight at the boston garden in 1958. tiger williams fought joey geodella. joey was supposed to be the guy with one hand not 2. my uncle bet big money on the fight the wrong way, he later found out that the fight was in the bag. you could have bought both fighters for less than 10k.

what i remembered about garden fights was the crowd yelling, "hit him in the labanza"