PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta , race this Saturday

Igeteven
08-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks like Del Mar set up a race that the horse couldn't lose if it had too.

However, what brothers me the most is the surface, nobody knows how the surface is going to play out. She could lose, if she comes off the pace, she maybe be running on quick sand and not catch the front runners.

I know the ground keeper will try to set the surface to her specs, again, how will it play out.

Now, welcome to Del Mar

letswastemoney
08-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Not even lightning could stop Zenyatta from winning on Saturday.

Made for Magic just got drubbed by double digit lengths facing Rachel at Churchill. Yet everyone on this board says Zenyatta is better.

So if Zenyatta is supposedly better than Rachel, and Rachel just beat the crap out of Made For Magic, then it should be a walkover.

As for the other mares, they aren't any better than Made For Magic. Dance To My Tune will set fractions of 25 50 and 1:13 and still lose.

You have the BC Classic Pro-Ride champion facing fillies/mares on polytrack who are allowance level at best.

Not even an act of God can stop Zenyatta in the Clement Hirsch. She is my lock of the weekend. ;)

Igeteven
08-05-2010, 01:45 AM

Made for Magic just got drubbed by double digit lengths facing Rachel at Churchill. Yet everyone on this board says Zenyatta is better.

So if Zenyatta is supposedly better than Rachel, and Rachel just beat the crap out of Made For Magic, then it should be a walkover.

As for the other mares, they aren't any better than Made For Magic. Dance To My Tune will set fractions of 25 50 and 1:13 and still lose.

You have the BC Classic Pro-Ride champion facing fillies/mares on polytrack who are allowance level at best.

Not even an act of God can stop Zenyatta in the Clement Hirsch. She is my lock of the weekend. ;)

I pray you are right on that, I saw that horse in person, she is one hell of a super animal

JustRalph
08-05-2010, 01:45 AM
I am suspicious of that track. Let's hope she doesn't get hurt

Igeteven
08-05-2010, 01:47 AM
I am suspicious of that track. Let's hope she doesn't get hurt

If anything happens to her on that poly crap, that would be the straw that broke the camels back.

California racing will stop.

tbwinner
08-05-2010, 02:06 AM
If anything happens to her on that poly crap, that would be the straw that broke the camels back.

California racing will stop.

God let's hope that doesn't happen (it really pains me when people say "Break Down!" in the middle of a big favorite taking it home), but couldn't agree more. CA would be done, as would any synthetic track.

HuggingTheRail
08-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Maybe PVal's horse will win, and there can be real fun on the boards then...:eek:

KingChas
08-05-2010, 02:08 AM
By a whisker,last time on the Del Mar surface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcTiYuY9AQ

letswastemoney
08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
By a whisker,last time on the Del Mar surface.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTcTiYuY9AQ
Anabaa's Creation and Lethal Heat would both smoke this field.

letswastemoney
08-05-2010, 03:35 AM
In fact, I don't think it's a stretch to say Lethal Heat would be even money against this field if she were in this race against these same horses and Zenyatta was not.

Stillriledup
08-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Looks like Del Mar set up a race that the horse couldn't lose if it had too.

However, what brothers me the most is the surface, nobody knows how the surface is going to play out. She could lose, if she comes off the pace, she maybe be running on quick sand and not catch the front runners.

I know the ground keeper will try to set the surface to her specs, again, how will it play out.

Now, welcome to Del Mar

That's a very weird track right now, the bias is unpredictable, one day speed is great, the next day the middle of the track is great. Maybe they'll turn this into a gold speed day and get Z beat, this way, they can get a nice carryover into the following day.

Edward DeVere
08-05-2010, 08:04 PM
That's a very weird track right now, the bias is unpredictable, one day speed is great, the next day the middle of the track is great. Maybe they'll turn this into a gold speed day and get Z beat, this way, they can get a nice carryover into the following day.

The way Shirreffs is talking, he'll scratch if the track is favoring speed.

cj's dad
08-05-2010, 08:29 PM

From "Let It Ride"

you're betting on lightning ??

Vinman
08-05-2010, 11:42 PM
What if.....the horse that had to be euthanized today at DMR had incurred the injury on the main track instead of the turf course?

Wonder how team Z would have reacted.

Vinman

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2010, 11:59 PM
A simple way to avoid all of this is to run at ultra-safe Saratoga in the Personal Ensign.

And BTW, did we REALLY need another thread about this? Igeteven couldn't have asked this question in an existing thread about Zenyatta or an existing thread about the trouble Del Mar has been having with its racing surface?

Come on man...work with me here....

Igeteven
08-06-2010, 12:06 AM
A simple way to avoid all of this is to run at ultra-safe Saratoga in the Personal Ensign.

And BTW, did we REALLY need another thread about this? Igeteven couldn't have asked this question in an existing thread about Zenyatta or an existing thread about the trouble Del Mar has been having with its racing surface?

Come on man...work with me here....

Ok with me, what ever you want, :)

however, as to Big Z, it pure politics if she goes east, as of now, I say no, in my opinion, they want to keep home, safe and away from danger. :cool: