PDA

View Full Version : PRINTER QUEUE

judd
08-04-2010, 06:34 PM
PRINTER WWONT PRINT, ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT UNSTUCK FROM QUEUE

Red Knave
08-04-2010, 07:47 PM
PRINTER WONT PRINT, ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT UNSTUCK FROM QUEUEFirst, you should figure out why it won't print. Cable disconnected, not 'Ready', out of paper, wrong driver etc. etc. My first instinct is to cycle the power to the printer first and then do a self test.
I suspect it was working before? If so, what happened in between the last time you used it and now?
Any additional info would be useful.

judd
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
the light on printer flashing but nothing prints, everything connencted, turned off waited, stii nothin

Tape Reader
08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Re-boot both. Happened to me yesterday and that fixed it.

judd
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Re-boot both. Happened to me yesterday and that fixed it.
nope

Tom
08-04-2010, 10:33 PM
the light on printer flashing but nothing prints, everything connencted, turned off waited, stii nothin

When my light blinks, it means no paper.
Or, go to Printers and Faxes, select the printer and then clear out the jobs.

KingChas
08-05-2010, 01:24 AM
PRINTER WWONT PRINT, ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT UNSTUCK FROM QUEUE

2 things.
Try system restore to previous date before printer problem 1st happened.
If that doesn't work the fun thing is next.
Remove printer completely from system and reinstall with setup disk.

judd
08-05-2010, 05:16 AM
When my light blinks, it means no paper.
Or, go to Printers and Faxes, select the printer and then clear out the jobs.
definitly has paper,someone said something about print spooler ?

rispa
08-05-2010, 07:49 AM
I have had this problem in the past. What worked for me was I deleted the printer, and then re-added it. Also, make sure that printer you want to print to is the 'default printer' if you have more than one installed on your computer.

JustRalph
08-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Jesus Amiga!

The flashing light means something..........

if you had posted the make and model of the printer maybe it could be diagnosed

the light flashing can be looked up on the manufactures website

We need a standing order around her when somebody asks for computer help

"What version of Windows" " Make and Model" Always!

judd
08-05-2010, 03:59 PM
hp 3742 (i believe-im not at home)
windows xp

judd
08-05-2010, 09:12 PM
hp 3742 (i believe-im not at home)
windows xp

hp deskjet 3845

njcurveball
08-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Unplug printer, remove all cables.

Go into Printers and uninstall it.

Reboot computer.

After everything is started up, plug printer in and connect to computer.

This should clear up any PC issues.

Make sure all paper paths are clear, run a test page.

If it is a toner or mechanical issue, then time to get a new printer. There should be some kind of error message on the printer.

DJofSD
08-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Virtually all printers made now a days have a self test. This is independent of the computer, the operating system, cables, etc. Even my ~20 year old HP-6P has a self test.

As RK suggested, see if a self test works.

JustRalph
08-06-2010, 02:32 AM
hp deskjet 3845

here you go............ hit this link and try to follow it

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00007940&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c00007940/loc:3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=372330

DJofSD
08-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Good show, JR.

Judd, make sure you look for all of the little pieces of paper throughout the path the pages take while going from the feed tray to the holding stack. A small piece that is overlooked can still cause the printer to not function due to a jam. You'll swear up and down the path is clear but the printer will still not work.

traveler
08-06-2010, 09:01 AM
To your print spooler question - If you are running Windows XP -
click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services
Look for Print Spooler in the list, make sure it is started. You should also right-click on it and select Properties, there is an option for it to auto restart on the Recovery Tab.
If you have a different OS, I don't know the steps to check this.

JPinMaryland
08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Just a couple of other ideas.

The first one is a regular mistake for me, although its a very stupid error: Push the paper all the way into the tray. You've probably already done this so..

ANother issue, not sure it was mentioned is that sometimes I get more than one printer driver (this is software) for the same printer. Usually I can figure this out by going to Control Panel > Printers/Hardware and then looking at the printers it lists; these are drivers as mentioned. Sometimes it has more than one driver and you just delete one of them and re boot the computer and I guess the printer as well.

Again this is a simple issue and maybe you've already done that. my apologies if the previous suggestions already address this issue, I'm not sure and just trying to complete the diagnosis.

Canarsie
08-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Try this but Ralph gave great info. :ThmbUp:

From the HP help page online Please note that they have an updated diagnostic utility:

Release Date: 2008-01-04 Version: 1.1

Description

The HP Printing Diagnostic Utility is created to diagnose and fix many common issues preventing printing from the computer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?sof...

Fixes

The HP Printing Diagnostic Utility is created to diagnose and fix many common issues preventing printing from the computer. It works for many HP printing devices. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the utility. Examples of issues this utility will address: ? Connection Issue: The utility will check that the selected printer is connected and powered. ? Spooler Service Issue: The utility will check that the print spooler service is running and restart the service, if necessary. ? Purge Spooler Issue: The utility will check if the print queue is empty and will clear it, if necessary. ? Printer Status Issue: The utility will check if the print status is offline or paused and will change the status to online or resume, if necessary. ? Device Manager Issue: The utility will check for cautioned entries in the device manager. In order to fix the issue, the utility will force a plu and play re-scan of the device manager. ? Printer Port Issue: The utility will check whether the selected printer is configured to use a DOT4 port or the USB00X Port and assign the correct printer port, if necessary. ? Driver Handler Issue: The utility will check whether the correct printer driver is installed for the selected printer and assign the correct printer driver, if necessary. If the issue continues, turn your printer on and off, disconnect and reconnect the printer cable from the computer and the printer, and restart the computer. After the computer has restarted, please cancel any pending print jobs, if prompted.