Mine That Bird
Blame
Quality Road
Haynesfield
JarJim
Musket Man

Lon Chaney
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Going to bet MM WPS. He always seems to hit the board.

Hanover1
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Just 2 horses short of a stellar field :rolleyes:

JustRalph
08-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Another Full Field of Six !!!

sonnyp
08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
blame the connections of these horses for the short fields and lack of interest in these big races.

last weekend we got just a taste of connections "showing up" in the haskell and just a taste of how interesting and exciting a good horserace can be.

just remember the likes of demascus, dr.fager, buckpasser etc. all in the starting gate. now, instead of "ya gotta be in it to win it" the approach is trying to "cherry pick" spots where they run "not to get beat".

now, sheriffs is talking about entering his premadonna for saturday reminding everyone he can always scratch up to hours before the race.

they're promoting walkovers, not competition and the reaction is predictable.......yawn.

PhantomOnTour
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Going to bet MM WPS. He always seems to hit the board.
I have FINALLY learned that. I too will use him (as of now) to beat Blame for 2nd. Show money will be nothing as QR will hog that pool.

Beachbabe
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Is Jardim a horse I should be familiar with ?

jelly
08-04-2010, 04:35 PM
6 horse field :(

owlet
08-04-2010, 04:49 PM
all part of the scam. they duck each other routinely, divvying up huge purses and searching for other places to run. they con racing secretaries and bs the general public who nonetheless dutifully shows up and pays for overpriced food and admission and parking and even bets into the stake race pools.

oops, until now.

can you imagine any other sport where the big stars just decide they aren't going to show up? like a red sox yankee game or series where one team just decides not to come?

that's the owners and trainers for you.

sonnyp
08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Is Jardim a horse I should be familiar with ?

from bloodhorse article on the whitney field :

Jardim (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/jardim-brz/2006?source=BHonline), a Brazilian-bred colt, rounds out the field.

“Number-wise he’s totally overmatched, but there aren’t many races for him to run in and we knew it was going to be a short field," trainer Eduardo Caramori explained. "This is the graveyard of favorites, and we’re not a favorite."

why not run in the whitney ? nobody else wants to.

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Does anyone think MTB will finish anywhere but up the track? In my opinion, Lukas has had adequate time to ruin what was left of him by now. Placing him a Grade II TURF race last out was certainly interesting (read: insane). And I don't care that his desired (dirt) allowance race didn't go. He should have found a different spot than a Grade II turf race.

Jasonm921
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Does anyone think MTB will finish anywhere but up the track? In my opinion, Lukas has had adequate time to ruin what was left of him by now. Placing him a Grade II TURF race last out was certainly interesting (read: insane). And I don't care that his desired (dirt) allowance race didn't go. He should have found a different spot than a Grade II turf race.

This horse has shown an affinity for dirt. It should be interesting if haynesfield and quality road go at it. Actually I think mtb will be 12-1 or better. Might be worth a play.

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2010, 09:25 PM
This horse has shown an affinity for dirt. It should be interesting if haynesfield and quality road go at it. Actually I think mtb will be 12-1 or better. Might be worth a play.

I think his KY Derby and Preakness races were complete flukes. Then I add in the Lukas factor and I don't see the winner's circle in the horse's future anytime soon.

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Isn't it sufficient to send a PM without posting that you have sent a PM?

Read my mind - kind of defeats the purpose of a PRIVATE message.

Cardus
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Read my mind - kind of defeats the purpose of a PRIVATE message.

I don't feel comfortable responding to this post in this thread.

I'll send you a PM.

Vinnie
08-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Cardus:

Thanks for the laugh.... :lol: I really needed one this evening. That was definitely good. :)

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Cardus:

Thanks for the laugh.... :lol: I really needed one this evening. That was definitely good. :)

Ditto to that!

Cardus
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Are you going to beat me up at recess next?

"I know you are but what am I" cannot be too far behind, can it?