PDA

View Full Version : De La Rose_Aug 4th

ohbaby
08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Love 1 mile turf stakes. An this edition comes up very salty.

Miss Keller has the strongest recent numbers and is deserving favorite.
Kept good company lately in Hot Cha Cha, and Rainbow View who both beat Shared Account prior to her strong placing in the grade 1 saturday.

Always liked Keertana, but she recently disappointed me in a grade 3 at churchill. Looking at her PPs, she's just not running as fast as she did last year. Most likely will still get alot of support, and could come back and bite me being we're at the Spa. This track is funny like that.

Pletcher's filly coming off a long layoff. Fits well with these if sharp. Usually I don't mind playing a classy type on turf off a layoff, but this horse will surely be overbet.

Gave a long look to Graham Motion's horse,... she ran a bang up race here last year. She is another coming off a long layoff. And normally it's fine to play turf horses off layoffs. They run better the first time out, than their second off the bench. But with all the speed in here, with Be Fair and others, his chances are compromised.

Clement has a pair in here that have outside chances. Daveron will most likely get more support than Haka coming out of a grade 2 at Belmont. But the horse I like is Haka. He has alot going against him in here, so make sure you get a price on him. Clement has gotten off to a slow start, as well as Gomez, and this horse has never won on turf yet in 4 starts.

But,... It is Christophe Clement, the premier turf trainer, Garrett K. Gomez top jock who has won twice with this horse, most recently in a grade 3 on dirt. Conditions of this stake is nonwinners of a graded stake in 2010 on the turf. So he is the only horse in this race with a graded victory this year. And being a Dynaformer, it only a matter of time before he wins won on turf. He has got a tremendous stretch run on dirt when he fires and has shown signs of that explosive kick on turf although belatedly. He does have back class, and has won 2 of 3 recently including that grade 3. I'm hoping he has better luck this year on the turf. He is sharp, but will he will need to get the trip and the pace.

I'm gonna use him back and forth with Miss Keller.