PDA

View Full Version : What track has the best and worse surface in the United States?

Igeteven
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
I can't do a poll on this, because, there are so many tracks out there.

IMO, I play California only, once in a blue moon, New York, so I don't really know what is out there and what surfaces are on other tracks.

This will be interesting reading what members say about the best and worse surfaces out there.

Good Luck

jballscalls
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
i always hear good reviews about Fair Grounds and Tampa's surfaces

Deepsix
08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Donde esta.... Don't you ask this question all the fuggin time? Lester... take a break.

horses4courses
08-03-2010, 09:47 PM
The problem with this thread is that it is difficult to name one over time.

The bad ones, and they are mainly the artificials in So Cal, go through cycles of mediocrity.
At other times, the problems are few, and most horsemen are happy.

If you put a gun to my head, though, I would have to say Santa Anita.
The drainage problems there were inexcusable. Del Mar runs a close second.

Do I play them still? Yes.
I believe that they can be handicapped, and that the best horse wins most of the races.

Igeteven
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Donde esta.... Don't you ask this question all the fuggin time? Lester... take a break.

I ask you to be remove from pace for not keeping to the subject and getting personal.

It's in their hands now.

Stillriledup
08-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Del Mar is the worst.

Igeteven
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Del Mar is the worst.

Do you believe dirt will ever come back to California?

thaskalos
08-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I ask you to be remove from pace for not keeping to the subject and getting personal.

It's in their hands now.:D

lamboguy
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
monmouth and penn national the best, arlington and del mar turfway and keeneland tied for worst,

Stillriledup
08-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Do you believe dirt will ever come back to California?

I think so. Hopefully i live long enough to see it.

I think the key is that tracks were 'forced' to install these surfaces but its really expensive to change back. Also, who's to say that once you change back to dirt, they don't come up and say "we changed our mind, you have to install plastic after all"

Dirt would be back at Santa Anita if someone would pay for it. Frankie doesnt want to spend all that money going back to dirt.....he doesn't realize that a move back to dirt will pay for itself when the whales come back.

Igeteven
08-04-2010, 12:55 AM
:D

Don't laugh, it's in his hands now, I am not kidding you.

Igeteven
08-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I think so. Hopefully i live long enough to see it.

I think the key is that tracks were 'forced' to install these surfaces but its really expensive to change back. Also, who's to say that once you change back to dirt, they don't come up and say "we changed our mind, you have to install plastic after all"

Dirt would be back at Santa Anita if someone would pay for it. Frankie doesnt want to spend all that money going back to dirt.....he doesn't realize that a move back to dirt will pay for itself when the whales come back.

Hell, the BC next year will pay for it, if he can get it.

BMustang
08-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Indiana Downs which lost thoroughbred dates back in the spring due to bad track conditions is again shut down, this time because the harness racing surface is causing problems.

The surface is too loose and won't pack down. A horse stepped in a hole on Monday causing a spill and racing to be cancelled on Tuesday.

I hear the stuff hit the fan up there between track management on Tuesday.

I hope they get the situation there rectified quickly and permanently.