PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Beyers Speed Figures soon after a race

Force of One
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know where you can find the BSF for a horse a day or two after it has run (instead of needing to wait for the next time it runs, referring to it's pp's)?

I know on DRF.com you can often find for stakes races a few days after they have happend, but what about the rest?

I am specifically trying to find what kind of BSF Erin Rose got the other day in winning her debut at Monmouth, but would be like to learn in general how to find this info. Thanks!

Saratoga_Mike
08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know where you can find the BSF for a horse a day or two after it has run (instead of needing to wait for the next time it runs, referring to it's pp's)?

I know on DRF.com you can often find for stakes races a few days after they have happend, but what about the rest?

I am specifically trying to find what kind of BSF Erin Rose got the other day in winning her debut at Monmouth, but would be like to learn in general how to find this info. Thanks!

You can pay $3 and buy the number at DRF.com (usually available within 24 hours of the race), or you can buy the DRF Simulcast Weekly, which usually hits the newsstands on Wednesday and contains all the winning Beyers for every horse in the country over the past week (week ending Sunday).

cj
08-03-2010, 08:06 PM
You can buy Simulcast Daily online and get them usually two days later. Also, if you use Formulator Web for PPs, you can get them even quicker with a little manipulation.

GameTheory
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Also, if you use Formulator Web for PPs, you can get them even quicker with a little manipulation.How so?

cj
08-03-2010, 08:54 PM
How so?

Well, you click on the horse name to access one of the charts, then you click on that horse's name in the chart to bring up the individual horse's PPs. If the Beyer has been updated, you will see it there.

Tom
08-03-2010, 11:32 PM
:8::9: = Erin Rose

JustRalph
08-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Well, you click on the horse name to access one of the charts, then you click on that horse's name in the chart to bring up the individual horse's PPs. If the Beyer has been updated, you will see it there.

Great Tip..... :ThmbUp:

Force of One
08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks guys! Great advice as usual....

bisket
08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
it free here. the beyer fig is usually here 2 days after the race.
http://www1.drf.com/stakeresults/drfStakeResults.jsp

you may have to sign up for the drf website to see this. its free

cj
08-04-2010, 02:38 PM

Thanks for giving him specifically what he said he already knows about in the initial post. Very helpful indeed.

Saratoga_Mike
08-04-2010, 06:40 PM

And to sharpen CJ's point, which probably isn't necessary, it isn't "free here." He wanted the Beyer for a winning firster. The firster did not win a stake race, so it isn't "here."

Force of One
08-05-2010, 12:34 AM
LOL....ok easy guys....

CJ, I know you and bisket have some history on here so I'm gonna stay out of it :p

Bisket, just the same, thanks for the link.

lamboguy
08-05-2010, 05:18 AM

I am specifically trying to find what kind of BSF Erin Rose got the other day in winning her debut at Monmouth, but would be like to learn in general how to find this info. Thanks!just out of curiosity, why are you so interested in the byer number or any other number for that horse at this point of time? could it be that you are using that number to make a possible future bet for the breeders cup juvenile stakes or possibly a future bet for the 3 yo races in may of 2011?

the reason why i ask is that i happened to have bet the horse on haskell day and i didn't have any number available to me for this first time starter.

the horse certainly displayed an ungodly amount of talent and if he stays healthy he should progress.

also the problem i have with numbers is that it is formed strickly on the day and the track that the horse performed on and has very little to do with the talent level in the race that the horse ran in. therefore it makes the number a very subjective one.

in the erin rose race the competion left the building after a half mile. meanwhile erin rose was impressive for the last eighth and the gallop out which no number that i have ever seen takes into consideration. i would think the gallop out would be very important with this one because down the road the races will more distance to them.

that being said the byer and pace numbers help me in where to enter or spot horses for their next races, because it gives me an overall view of the horse. to me its not for betting purposes. i have found pace figures that do help putting horses into perspective in a particular race against the other horses in the race that deals with incremental and total odds lines that are very good for determining the value of the horse in question in the particular race. i have seen other numbers that are good in their own ways that happen to be a different setup and provide different information than the ones that i look at , to me the sheet numbers ragoszin or therograph are useless yet others swear by them. those numbers deal with other things.

i had a horse win that earned a 49 byer in a 4 1/2 furlong race that does not tell the whole story of the horse.i have seen other horses that have come back real light in the number department off of a win at that distance as well. i felt that the internal fractions meant more than the total number to the race.

Force of One
08-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Lambo,

I have a couple reasons, but not for future bets...mostly just for my charts and some number crunching....

I was just curious b/c I saw that race and the on-air talent was gushing about how impressive she looked. Just curious

rastajenk
08-05-2010, 09:15 AM
also the problem i have with numbers is that it is formed strictly on the day and the track that the horse performed on and has very little to do with the talent level in the race that the horse ran in. This sounds contradictory to me, or counterintuitive, or something approaching confused. Whether a horse wins, or is second by three, or last by 10, why wouldn't its number be part of the "talent level" snapshot of that race?

harness2008
08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I guess to some its how you look at the Beyers. Is a Beyer of say 90 earned in a 90 class the same as a Beyer of 90 earned in an 80 class race? I think that's what the previous poster was alluding to.

Of course as we all know Beyer never incorporated a class fig in with his speed fig. I'm of the opinion though that a 90 is a 90 or an 80 is an 80 no matter what class it was earned in.

egreen
08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
There's a Best Beyers section you can get to from DRF's site map. It lists top figs in various categories. If a horse gets a fig in the top 25 or so, it will show up here within a day or two.