PDA

View Full Version : Wireless card problem/question

andicap
08-18-2003, 10:09 PM
I have a Dell wireless internet card for 802.11b wi-fi network for a laptop to use in my existing wi-fi network in my house.
Now I lost the cd-ROM that loaded the software.

When I posted a question on the Dell forum asking if I could download the software over the net, I got an answer saying Yes, providing I had a client manager.

What, I may ask in my dumbness, is the client manager that I need?

:confused:

SandyE
08-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Have you called Dell tech support? They could walk you through what you need to do, while your on the phone with them. As to what it is? I don't know but they will at Dell. :cool:

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 12:40 PM
It is an app that lets you know signal quality and network connectivity is still active. I have one on my Toshiba laptop, you don't actually need to load it. It just gives you a way of visually checking signal strength etc Let me know if you need any help finding the driver. See below:

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/network/tmpcentr/en/cm.htm

Using the Client Manager: DellTM TrueMobileTM 1150 Series PC Card User's Guide
[ Back to Contents Page ]

Using the Client Manager
View Wireless Link Quality
View/Modify PC Card Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the Client Manager
You can use the Client Manager to:

Verify the quality of your wireless connection to the network.
View/Modify the configuration settings of your wireless PC Card.
The Client Manager will not start automatically every time you start your computer. However, it is recommended that you configure Client Manager so that it does start every time Microsoft® Windows® starts. To do this, right-click on the Client Manager icon in the system tray and select Add To Startup.

The Client Manager icon is displayed in the "System Tray" of your Windows system tray at the right-side on the bottom of your screen, indicating that the Client Manager program is running. If this icon is not displayed, you must start Client Manager by clicking Start->Programs->Dell TrueMobile 1150->Client Manager.

Click the icon once with your left mouse button to retrieve a more detailed status overview.
Click the icon once with your right mouse button to display a menu with more options.
View Wireless Link Quality
You can use the Client Manager icon on the Windows system tray to verify the link quality of your network connection.