PDA

View Full Version : No Spa Stream In NJ--Good Job Folks

Stevie Belmont
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but I can't say enough how aggravating it is to be a resident in this state. The issues between NY & NJ are not my problem. Who ever is at fault should realize they are both losing on this, with no one losing more than the fan--who bets.

No live streaming from Saratoga. This is a complete and total disgrace.

To the whole situation--I say it SUCKS BIG TIME.

affirmedny
08-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but I can't say enough how aggravating it is to be a resident in this state. The issues between NY & NJ are not my problem. Who ever is at fault should realize they are both losing on this, with no one losing more than the fan--who bets.

To the whole situation--I say it SUCKS BIG TIME.

Worst part is that nobody, not NYRA, NJSEA, HANA, etc. is doing a thing about it. Evidently it's not as big an issue as quarter horse takeout.

thespaah
08-02-2010, 06:20 PM

To the whole situation--I say it SUCKS BIG TIME.Get Dish Network and RTN... Problem solved.

The Hawk
08-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Get Dish Network and RTN... Problem solved.

Stop betting NY...problem solved.

affirmedny
08-02-2010, 07:58 PM

Doesn't do you any good when you're not betting from home.

phatbastard
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
i'm in florida, and lost Saratoga for hour or so this afternoon on twin spires

njcurveball
08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Worst part is that nobody, not NYRA, NJSEA, HANA, etc. is doing a thing about it. Evidently it's not as big an issue as quarter horse takeout.

NYRA definitely cares about it as Hal Handel was the one who got it shut off and then gave NJ a ridiculous cost to get it.

NJ is the wimpiest state in racing and part of the Mid Atlantic group where all the other tracks have slot machines. It is like being a vegetarian and trying to get "no meat" laws while your partners are all eating whoppers.

NJ should simply shut off ALL wagering to NY until the signal is turned back on for FREE or whatever NJ charges them, which is probably free.

But with a Governor like Christie there is a better chance of getting an additional tax on betting in NJ then him doing anything for the industry.

It is just amazing that the state was the first to have full card simulcasting has now become the joke of the racing world. :bang:

thespaah
08-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Doesn't do you any good when you're not betting from home.Easy now..I am not aware he is not betting from home.
If he's going to Winners or a track for simulcasting, you have a point. With the majority of people on here stating they play from home, I assumed so was the OP.

affirmedny
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Easy now..I am not aware he is not betting from home.
If he's going to Winners or a track for simulcasting, you have a point. With the majority of people on here stating they play from home, I assumed so was the OP.

didn't mean it that way, I mean what if you're playing on a computer at work or on vacation? No way to get NYRA video unless you pony up for HRTVLIVE.COM.

Stevie Belmont
08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I would not spend on a dime on television.

affirmedny
08-03-2010, 05:40 PM
NYRA definitely cares about it as Hal Handel was the one who got it shut off and then gave NJ a ridiculous cost to get it.

NJ is the wimpiest state in racing and part of the Mid Atlantic group where all the other tracks have slot machines. It is like being a vegetarian and trying to get "no meat" laws while your partners are all eating whoppers.

NJ should simply shut off ALL wagering to NY until the signal is turned back on for FREE or whatever NJ charges them, which is probably free.

But with a Governor like Christie there is a better chance of getting an additional tax on betting in NJ then him doing anything for the industry.

It is just amazing that the state was the first to have full card simulcasting has now become the joke of the racing world. :bang:

Horseplayers are getting screwed so fix it by screwing more horseplayers? You gotta do better than this.