PDA

View Full Version : Nothing on Amnesty Memo ?

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I have been sitting on my hands waiting to see if anybody brought this up

I think this is a smoking gun on the Admin and the Dems when it comes to Immigration/Amnesty

Read it here

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/memo-on-alternatives-to-comprehensive-immigration-reform.pdf

snapshot.......

Tom
08-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Treason.

boxcar
08-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Treason.

Governing against the consent of the People's Will is Tyranny. They did this with ObamaCare, and they're all set to do this again. Governing according to the state's will is what Rulers do.

Boxcar

mostpost
08-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I have been sitting on my hands waiting to see if anybody brought this up

I think this is a smoking gun on the Admin and the Dems when it comes to Immigration/Amnesty

Read it here

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/memo-on-alternatives-to-comprehensive-immigration-reform.pdf

snapshot.......
My first problem is that you insist on treating an internal memo of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service as if it was written by Obama himself. My second problem is that you apparently don't know the function of the USCIS. It is not to guard the borders and deport those who are in the United States illegally. That function is performed by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
From wikipedia:
The administration of immigration services, including permanent residence, naturalization, asylum, and other functions became the responsibility of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS), which existed only for a short time before changing to its current name, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

The mission of USCIS is to aid immigrants in attaining U.S. citizenship. The memo says nothing about amnesty. It especially says nothing about a general amnesty.
The memo has many references to Temporary Protected Status and Parole in Place. Temporary Protected Status is granted to citizens of certain countries where returning to their home country would put them in danger. At present the countries whose citizens enjoy Temporary Protected Status are El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Somalia, Sudan and Nicaragua. Parole in Place is a
process in which a person who would otherwise be required to return to his home country and apply for admission to the U.S., but is unable to do so because he or his relatives would be in danger, is allowed to remain in the U.S. while his case is adjudicated.
This memo discusses possible ways in which USCIS might better perform its mission. It is a memo for discussion, not a law. It is not germane to the millions of immigrants, legal and illegal in the U.S. from Mexico etc. Its focus is immigrants from the six countries mentioned above.

mostpost
08-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Treason.
How so?

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 07:46 PM
you read it your way........ I see what I see.

This memo has been in hiding for six months. The Congress has known about it for a long time. Anybody in our government, I don't care who the hell you are, coming up with a scheme and quoting past court decisions is serious about finding a path to amnesty. And these things just don't just pop into the authors head.......somebody is leading them down the Primrose Path to 12 million new Democratic voters.

This reminds me of the first laws that Banned smoking. Everybody thought, "what can it hurt? It's good for the public" Some cried it was the slippery slope and were laughed at. Today, a pack of Cigs is 7 bucks and a carton is 64 dollars and you have to build a bomb shelter to smoke one.

bigmack
08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Bush/McCain/Graham underestimated the level of opposition from the American public to amnesty (Comprehensive Immigration Reform) back in '06.

If BO moved forward with anything close to doing this it would be akin to a shovel upside the head to the citizenry and they/we would act accordingly.

Saw at the Mets/Diamondbacks game on Friday a couple o' MexEEcan's frolicking around the field with MexEEcan flags. After their apprehension the crowd cheered in unison - USA, USA.

http://media2.myfoxny.com//photo/2010/07/31/protests_20100731093124_640_480.JPG