PDA

View Full Version : Erin Rose . Race 6 Monmouth

Zippy Chippy
08-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Dont see a move like that too often from a first time starter.

Breathtaking turn of foot inbetween horses at the top of stretch to win by 12.

Paul Loduca just said, "looked like Arazi".

eastie
08-01-2010, 02:33 PM
holy smokes, what a turn of foot.

BlueShoe
08-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Official winning margin was 10 3/4 lengths. Raced 3 or 4 wide all the way. Watching the replay of the stretch run, the rider was sitting completely still and never asked her for a thing. All in all, a very impressive debut, and this filly seems headed for the stakes ranks. If they do not rush her and run her back in a first level allowance, no betting value, she is certain to be odds on.

Jasonm921
08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Dont see a move like that too often from a first time starter.

Breathtaking turn of foot inbetween horses at the top of stretch to win by 12.

Paul Loduca just said, "looked like Arazi".

I turned to my friend at the track after we took photos of her and I swear I said the same thing that she made an Arazi type move.

JustRalph
08-04-2010, 01:15 AM
is there a replay available ?

Jasonm921
08-04-2010, 06:18 AM
is there a replay available ?

I'm trying to find one on Youtube but so far unsuccessful...Haven't tried Monomouths site yet.

Zippy Chippy
08-04-2010, 07:25 AM
It was one of those moves that happened so fast that she made Larry's race call a bad one. Erin was in about 3rd or 4th place and he was naming all the horses at the back of the pack not even realizing what was going on up front. Then when he focused on the leader he says "and all of a sudden its Erin's rose ahead by 5"

onefast99
08-04-2010, 07:55 AM
One of the best performances of the meet by this horse.

ArlJim78
08-04-2010, 08:11 AM
It looked like Rachel Alexandra had been snuck in to a field of maidens. Powerful.

Stevie Belmont
08-04-2010, 09:37 AM
That was an impressive 1st out score.

BlueShoe
08-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Just a thought about this filly, why such a late start? Not getting to the races until August of your 3 year old year does raise a question or two. Early minor problems now solved? Or something more serious that kept her from an earlier start? Hopefully, she came out of that smashing debut just fine, and will develop into a really good one.

mostpost
08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Does this work?
http://www.tvg.com/Authenticated/livevideo/MediaPlayer.aspx?ReadyToPlay=0&Speed=SUPER&Size=BIG&replay=1&date=2010-08-01&trackname=Monmouth Park&track=MTH&race=6&performance=Day&racedate=2010-08-01&post=18:30:00&provider=insinc
ETA: It appears that it does not. TVG must have some kind of proprietary guard on the link.

onefast99
08-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Does this work?
http://www.tvg.com/Authenticated/livevideo/MediaPlayer.aspx?ReadyToPlay=0&Speed=SUPER&Size=BIG&replay=1&date=2010-08-01&trackname=Monmouth Park&track=MTH&race=6&performance=Day&racedate=2010-08-01&post=18:30:00&provider=insinc
ETA: It appears that it does not. TVG must have some kind of proprietary guard on the link.
No, I tried to link it to njbets but the same thing happens.

picojim
08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-wRQTtXLM

here i just uploaded this....not the best quality (from my camera)

Zippy Chippy
08-05-2010, 03:58 PM

I bet that even surprised Joe Bravo

PaceAdvantage
08-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Forget the turn move...she looked like a monster eating up the stretch with each stride...will be interesting to watch this one progress...

onefast99
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM

Keep your eye on the 2 horse next out as the rail was not the place to be on Sunday. Erin Rose was in the 5 path that was like being on asphalt, several other horses also took that same path for wins during the day.

BlueShoe
09-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Erin Rose makes her highly anticipated 2nd lifetime start in Sundays 9th at Monmouth. She is black type in the DRF and will be odds on. A couple of thoughts will keep me out of the race. Not going to try and beat her, but am not going to key her on top in exotics either. She has been away six weeks since the sensational debut, and in that time shows only two published works, both 4f breezes. Did not work until 26 days after her race, not a pattern I like. Wish her well, will just watch the race and not wager.

Stillriledup
09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
"one number" fillies are the worst bets in racing at very short prices in my opinion.

menifee
09-12-2010, 02:54 AM
She'll be 1-2 or 2-5. Only horse that could be her in this field is the 7 who has been working lights out and ran very well off a year layoff.

BlueShoe
09-12-2010, 10:22 AM
"one number" fillies are the worst bets in racing at very short prices in my opinion.
How very true. Over and over again, going back decades, we have seen this happen. A promising young horse makes its debut and wins impressively. In its second start it seems to tower over its opponents, with superior speed and pace figures. On paper, it appears to be a standout dead lock. Just one thing though; many of these types lose, sometimes badly at a very short price. Whether they regress, "bounce" from the taxing first effort, are unable to cope with the often swifter early pace, or just cannot handle the tougher company, these types are just long term poison for a players bankroll. Sure, lots of them win right back, but which ones? Not a wise idea to take a short price and guess. Some pretty sharp players will often take a stand and try to beat a short priced debut winner, but this might not be a good idea either. My choice is usually to put my hands in my pocket and pass the race.

ArlJim78
09-12-2010, 11:17 AM
This is one to watch for me, plenty of other races to wager on.
Her debut TG# was a 1. Unless she stumbles or has an equipment failure she'll cruise today.

RXB
09-12-2010, 06:55 PM
The Thorograph figure is very strange. I had her debut basically at par for pace and about 3-4 lengths better than par for final time. In other words, above average but nothing particularly special; the margin was big because she beat a rather weak crew. Yet TG gave her a figure that would win the vast majority of Gr 1 older female stakes. Hmmm... no wonder Brown and his gang believe in the bounce, if they hand out huge figs that easily.

Bluto Blutarsky
09-13-2010, 12:05 PM

Nice call!

affirmedny
09-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Good call. I would add especially when they win by open lengths.

jognlope
09-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow she's a dynamo.