PDA

View Full Version : Five Games and Rising/Go Red Sox

andicap
08-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Why go Red Sox.?
Because I don't consider them a threat to the Yanks for the divisional title anymore and I want them to beat out Oakland for the wild card berth.

I am deathly scared of Oakland's 4 starting pitchers -- pitching wins short series and the Yanks have better pitching than the Dead Sox. (equally awful bullpens, Yanks have edge in starting pitching -- no one's pitching better than Mussina these days.)

Several great divisional races in both leagues and good wild card races to boot.

BTW, every time I start getting blase about the Yankees, along come the Red Sox to jumpstart my interest. As much as George Steinbrenner disgusts me, my hatred for the Red Sox (and most things New England -- if you want to know why email me) is 100x worse.

And go KC!!! (Little chance in the post-season, but still a great story. I wouldn't seeing an Oakland-KC LCS. Too bad Montreal faded a bit. that 22-game road trip had to really drain them. The franchise is an embarrasment to Bud Selig in that a) he tried to kill off a good franchise and b) baseball can't find a good home/new owners for them. Cities -- good for them - just don't want to go and build stadiums at taxpayer's expense anymorer.)

Storm Cadet
08-19-2003, 10:23 PM
It's that time again...

See ya next year BOSOX!!!:D :D :D