PDA

View Full Version : The Fourstardave

OTM Al
07-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Could have chosen the Haskell but besides the fact the race always reminds me of the Beav, I don't really find it all that compelling. I leave it to someone else to kick off a thread on that race.

I love Get Stormy here. It will be a wire job, but the turf course has been allowing for that of late and as long as rains don't come pouring down tomorrow, he looks to have a very solid shot here. I also find Violin Sacre intriguing. Looks like after 2 starts in the US he's got it figured out and is ready to step up. Public Speaker has been an exacta player's dream so far this year and may well just follow Get Stormy all the way around. Should Biancone go with Nownownow instead of Violon Sacre, I will switch to Pinckney Hill. The cut back should do wonders for him and that last race really wasn't all that bad. So either a 2/1a+8 and (1a+2) or 2/6+9 and a (2+9) depending on what half of the entry stays.

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 12:18 AM
This is a funny little affair with what looks to me like some trying to find some softer company. Is Convocation Main Track Only ? Maybe Jerkens is hoping for that? If not..........

I am all a twitter at :11: Convocation trying the Turf. I think he has faced some very serious horses in the past and is trying to find a place he can fit.

I don't know much about Breeding but Nureyev on the Dam Side sounds like a plus to me..........???

This Horse ran 2nd to Kensai in the Dwyer last year and seems to have been lightly raced since/but with improvement. He was 2nd to Haynsfield last out in the Suburban and seems to be in good form. He broke very poorly in the Suburban and Jerkens talked about putting him in the Whitney, but I think that would be a tough race against "Blame" and "Quality Road"

If he takes to the Turf, I like his chances. My Form doesn't have the rider listed for :11:? But I don't usually care that much, as long as it isn't a one of a couple I truly hate

:11: :8: :2: :5:

Tee
08-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Convocation is mto

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Convocation is mto

Thanks! Apparently I have an early edition of the card.......

still, would love to see him try the turf.........

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Although as Al points out, the turf course hasn't been unkind to those forwardly placed, this race seems to have more than its share of horses who like to go at it early. Thus I am going with a bomber who will do most of his running late...a horse making his second start off the layoff for Barclay Tagg and one who is taking a major step up today. Tagg always seems to step it up a few notches at Saratoga, where he wins at a 25% clip compared to 16% overall according to the HTR stats.

Give me the :7: Radical Sabbatical

DJofSD
08-01-2010, 08:52 AM
JR, your avatar is a cross between Tom's and Dave's -- I like it!!!

DJofSD
08-01-2010, 10:32 AM
OK, guys. If Convocation is MTO and comes out of the race, who becomes the ML favorite and at what odds?

DJofSD
08-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Well, the scratches have finally been posted and now this race is not as appealing. Oh well.

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
With the scratches, the contested early pace that I saw earlier becomes a much more normal early pace scenario for a turf race, which does not help my longshot :7:

This is why I am going to back up my win bet on the :7: with an exacta putting the :8: over the :7: & :6:

I may also put some money to win on the :6: if I can get 6-1 or better...

DJofSD
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I expect the early pace contenders to be :4: , :9: and :2: . Not a blazing pace either.

:3: should be able to run mid pack and into the stretch, depending upon placement, be able to close ground on the leaders.

I'm going with Go Go's mount, :3: .

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM
:8: :2: :5:

Like the 8 on form and love the last work. Hoping the lack of pace helps him

Longshot..... might get on the board :6:

Tee
08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
#9 Pinckney Hill - stalk and finish I'm hoping.

MUTT!! :)

OTM Al
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Slump buster!

(looking back at my post I see I have a typo as it should have been 2/8+9)

Would rather they had done the merry go round 2-9 all the way, but I'll take this as I was getting darn close to tapped out.

Hope you boxed again Ralph

PaceAdvantage
08-01-2010, 04:34 PM
It's always good when the horse you love in a race wins...congrats Al!!

JustRalph
08-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Slump buster!

(looking back at my post I see I have a typo as it should have been 2/8+9)

Would rather they had done the merry go round 2-9 all the way, but I'll take this as I was getting darn close to tapped out.

Hope you boxed again Ralph

for 5 bucks only.....was a little disinterested after the odds late.... but got about 9-1 back on the money ........just having a little fun action.....doing some other stuff around the house.

I thought for sure they were going to take the :8: down for swerving like a drunken fool........ :lol:

You were damn sure right about the winner........he looked great

OTM Al
08-01-2010, 05:02 PM
All I know is if it doesn't rain tonight I'm looking for frontrunners on the turf tomorrow (and going against Discretely Mine)