PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth - Matchmaker R9

Rise Over Run
07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Monmouth has a nice card for Haskell Day. The Haskell will be a great race to watch, but I can't get a handle on it for wagering so I'll pass. That brings me to the Matchmaker (race 9), where I think there is a standout.

Cherokee Queen ran a big race in the Just A Game two back at Belmont. She may have been making the winning move on the rail when her entry-mate came over, completely shutting her off. Somehow she rallied and was actually moving the quickest in the final 100 yards to finish 4th. With a clean trip she may have beaten Provisa, who just won the Diana (G1) at Saratoga on Saturday.

Wolfson entered her in an ungraded stakes race at Philly last out and she man-handled the field, including today's morning line favorite, Quiet Meadow. Cherokee Queen is a standout in this field and is a single in multi-race wagers as well as a strong win play at 2-1 or higher.

OTM Al
07-31-2010, 10:57 PM
I liked this race too and nearly chose it for my race of the day. I like Tizaqueena here. She is the class of the field and is in great form right now. Another in good form right now is Eye of Taurus. I expect both to be right on the pace but with controlled fractions that may give a merry go round effect to this race. I like Quiet Meadow also, but strictly underneath. She is one that seems to come running always a bit too late, but does often get a check. So my play here will be my standard exacta play, 6/2+9 plus a 2+6 box saver