PDA

View Full Version : Dime Super

OverlayHunter
07-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Attempted to make my first ever dime super wager a few minutes ago for a race at WO.

The HANA track guide shows WO having dime supers but neither Youbet nor Twinspires would accept the wager. Youbet gave an error message: "No pool available for this bet amount"

Has the track gone to some larger increment or am I doing something wrong or is the problem with the ADW's or ?????

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks for the assistance.

Ted Craven
07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Minimum is $0.20 cents at Woodbine (and possibly at all Canadian tracks).

Good luck!

Ted

Horseplayersbet.com
07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Attempted to make my first ever dime super wager a few minutes ago for a race at WO.

The HANA track guide shows WO having dime supers but neither Youbet nor Twinspires would accept the wager. Youbet gave an error message: "No pool available for this bet amount"

Has the track gone to some larger increment or am I doing something wrong or is the problem with the ADW's or ?????

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks for the assistance.
If you bet a Canadian track through a Canadian ADW you can play a minimum 20 cent super, if you play a US track through a Canadian ADW you must play a $1 minimum.

The same is true when playing through a US based ADW, you can play a dime minimum if the US track has minimum wagers that low, but you have to bet at least $1 on Canadian tracks.

Hopefully that rule will change sometime in the future.

Ted Craven
07-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks for clarifying that nuance!

Ted

OverlayHunter
07-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the insights. Very helpful.

toddbowker
08-01-2010, 10:31 AM
BTW ... this is due to currency conversion issues.

You'll also find it when betting into the English, Irish and Australian pools since the pools are actually hosted in Euros. They do have a one Euro minimum, but since one Euro is worth more than a dollar, you have to play a $2 minimum.

Horseplayersbet.com
08-01-2010, 11:47 AM
BTW ... this is due to currency conversion issues.

You'll also find it when betting into the English, Irish and Australian pools since the pools are actually hosted in Euros. They do have a one Euro minimum, but since one Euro is worth more than a dollar, you have to play a $2 minimum.
It still makes no sense. If someone bets the minimum pick 6 on a California race with Canadian dollars, they are really getting a break if they were the only one to hit it.
The 20 cent plays could be converted using the same formulas.
Especially now that the Canadian and US dollar have been very close lately, the rules should change.

toddbowker
08-02-2010, 06:11 PM
It still makes no sense. If someone bets the minimum pick 6 on a California race with Canadian dollars, they are really getting a break if they were the only one to hit it.
The 20 cent plays could be converted using the same formulas.
Especially now that the Canadian and US dollar have been very close lately, the rules should change.Actually, given current technology, I'd love to see fractional betting get authorized. Would cure the problem.

miy4ever
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Here I would like to throw some input. SUFFOLK, too, has minimum dime Spf, but when I tried to place a wager, it got rejected. Then I increased to 20 cents, but no luck. When it reached total minimum $2 amount, it accepted. In short, the final bet amount must reach $2 (whether dime or 20 cents or $1 base amount). When I box 4-horses (cost $2.40, for a dime Spf), it accepted right away.

Thanx.

appistappis
08-04-2010, 01:42 AM
for those of us in canada this is very frustrating......I cannot play all the dime super's etc at the u.s. tracks at my home o.t.b. but i can drive across the river and give my business to the niagara falls ny o.t.b.

the setup run by woodbine and ft erie (hpi) is a joke.

horseking
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
It does appear that you have to "box" many 10 cent supers as well, in order for them to go through....While the min wager amount appears as 10 cents, that's only for boxed wagers.

Once again, standardized rules and clarity would be nice, but don't appear to exist in the horse racing industry.

lamboguy
08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
thanks for the clarification. you have convinced me that there must be better bets than the .10 super. i haven't play a dime super this century so far and may not play them until the next century.

KingChas
08-05-2010, 01:48 AM
How to get it to $2.