PDA

View Full Version : Harry Findlay says he has lost £2.5 million betting on horse racing!

andymays
07-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Harry Findlay is to appear on At The Races (Sky Channel 415) on Aug 8 in his first extensive interview since having his ban reduced to a fine on appeal to the British Horseracing Authority.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/7919551/Harry-Findlay-says-he-has-lost-2.5-million-betting-on-horseracing-Horse-Racing.html

Excerpt:

First, he confirmed that he had secured a line of credit to gamble on Betfair, although this was through an association with fellow punter and owner Tony Bloom.

Secondly, Findlay claimed that BHA investigators had permitted him to lay horses in stables in which he had horses trained, although this has been denied by the BHA.

Excerpt:

Findlay told me: "I've lost £2.5m gambling on racing, but I've won £11.5m on other sports. Sometimes, I've been in positions where I had to win £800,000 just to pay my monthly bills."

horses4courses
07-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Harry Findlay is to appear on At The Races (Sky Channel 415) on Aug 8 in his first extensive interview since having his ban reduced to a fine on appeal to the British Horseracing Authority.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/7919551/Harry-Findlay-says-he-has-lost-2.5-million-betting-on-horseracing-Horse-Racing.html

Excerpt:

First, he confirmed that he had secured a line of credit to gamble on Betfair, although this was through an association with fellow punter and owner Tony Bloom.

Secondly, Findlay claimed that BHA investigators had permitted him to lay horses in stables in which he had horses trained, although this has been denied by the BHA.

Excerpt:

Findlay told me: "I've lost £2.5m gambling on racing, but I've won £11.5m on other sports. Sometimes, I've been in positions where I had to win £800,000 just to pay my monthly bills."

Now, why can't I book that kind of action?
Horses only, of course.

His spending budget reminds me of a buddy of mine in Ireland.
His wife has to spend close to 6 figures/per month.
Geesh......... :bang: