PDA

View Full Version : BC Fillies/Mares Turf

horses4courses
07-31-2010, 10:27 AM
2 nice runs today in the UK by mares who should be at Churchill for the BC.

Midday (defending champion) and Stacelita both ran fine races in the Nassau Stakes at Goodwood today.

10 furlong race, Midday spurted clear inside the quarter pole only to idle in front.

She was headed by Stacelita inside the final furlong, but re-rallied to win.

Both are, obviously, top class mares who will be heard from again in the Fall.

OTM Al
07-31-2010, 10:34 AM
2 nice runs today in the UK by mares who should be at Churchill for the BC.

Midday (defending champion) and Stacelita both ran fine races in the Nassau Stakes at Goodwood today.

10 furlong race, Midday spurted clear inside the quarter pole only to idle in front.

She was headed by Stacelita inside the final furlong, but re-rallied to win.

Both are, obviously, top class mares who will be heard from again in the Fall.

My main bet was Stacelita on top and I thought I had that one on two occasions. Was that just the angle or did Midday rerally twice after that first big burst? I saved the other way and was surprised how generous the price was considering how an equally obvious Sussex was bet a few days ago.

horses4courses
07-31-2010, 10:39 AM
My main bet was Stacelita on top and I thought I had that one on two occasions. Was that just the angle or did Midday rerally twice after that first big burst? I saved the other way and was surprised how generous the price was considering how an equally obvious Sussex was bet a few days ago.

I thought Stacelita had it, but Midday fought back.
I didn't see her being headed twice, but I didn't watch a replay. Maybe so.

Gorgeous George
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Goldikova won her 9th Group 1 in the Prix Rothschild 01/08/10, that was the third year in a row she won it.

This mare is a superstar lets hope she makes it to the Breeders Cup.

horses4courses
08-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Goldikova won her 9th Group 1 in the Prix Rothschild 01/08/10, that was the third year in a row she won it.

This mare is a superstar lets hope she makes it to the Breeders Cup.

That she is.
She won't be facing Midday or Stacelita, though.
Lucky for them!