PDA

View Full Version : help converting charts

mabred
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
I download the equibase charts and would like to convert them to a txt
file so i can edit them with notepad and only print the stuff I need.
Is there freeware that will do this?? or is there a commercial product I need to buy??
Anyone do this? or know how?? thanks ma bred

Native Texan III
08-01-2010, 04:37 PM
If you use (free) Foxit Reader to read pdf's it already has a text tool ("T").
Cut and paste each page to clipboard and paste into Notepad,

You can get free converters ( Google "Some") but thay are no too reliable.

Pcon04
08-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Native

the charts are in HTML not pdf so I'm looking for a converter
to make those go to txt thanks anyway for trying

Mabred

tupper
08-03-2010, 11:59 PM
the charts are in HTML not pdf so I'm looking for a converter
to make those go to txt thanks anyway for trying

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=batch+html+to+text

mabred
08-04-2010, 09:32 AM
tupper

thanks
mb

LottaKash
08-04-2010, 11:30 AM
To convert just about any html or most any other file to PDF, including Browser Screens, I use a program (free) from EXP Systems named "PDF Redirect"....

This simple program allows me to convert the results files to a PDF, and then by using the "Foxit Reader" Software, I can then "EDit" to my heart's content....I can input and use cirlces, arrows and any text size and font as well...

I have found that it is a quick and reliable way to convert just about anything to a PDF.....Then just save the file to any folder or app of your choosing....

It is simply a matter of "redirecting" the "subject file" to the printer-choices menu, and then select the "PDF-Redirect" Printer-Option rather than the default-printer as the destination for the file.....EZ....

You can also upgrade to the Pro version, altho, as of yet I haven't explored that possibility, as I haven't needed it yet....It probably has more power and function in the "paid" version, I would think....

Otherwise, Text Pad would be a very "clunky" & "limited" way to do this same thing.....

best,

LottaKash
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
To convert just about any html or most any other file to PDF, including Browser Screens, I use a program (free) from EXP Systems named "PDF Redirect"....

This simple program allows me to convert the results files to a PDF, and then by using the "Foxit Reader" Software, I can then "EDit" to my heart's content....I can input and use cirlces, arrows and any text size and font as well...

I have found that it is a quick and reliable way to convert just about anything to a PDF.....Then just save the file to any folder or app of your choosing....

It is simply a matter of "redirecting" the "subject file" to the printer-choices menu, and then select the "PDF-Redirect" Printer-Option rather than the default-printer as the destination for the file.....EZ....

You can also upgrade to the Pro version, altho, as of yet I haven't explored that possibility, as I haven't needed it yet....It probably has more power and function in the "paid" version, I would think....

Otherwise, Text Pad would be a very "clunky" & "limited" way to do this same thing.....

best,

I meant to add this to the above, but didn't;
http://www.exp-systems.com/

enjoy...