PDA

View Full Version : Snail venom

Black Ruby
07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I was talking to a guy last week, and he told me that the word around the track is that some trainers are using snail venom now, and that it's undetectable. Anybody heard anything about this?
I see that it's a pain killer, there's talk it could replace morphine.

exiles
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I was talking to a guy last week, and he told me that the word around the track is that some trainers are using snail venom now, and that it's undetectable. Anybody heard anything about this?

Old news.

garyscpa
07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

Killer snails? :eek:

Hanover1
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Old news.

....and good image managment, spreading yet another "I heard from some guy that hear from some guy..."
To bet or not to bet...that is the question.

lamboguy
07-29-2010, 01:10 PM
its no good for the horse, and they should catch these bums and barr them for life, or procecute them as a criminal like they do in other jurisdictions and take a good step to clean up this game.

it realy is a serious offense trying to alter the performance of a horse in a parimutual event. some people actually think that all races are being altered and therefore they don't have any interest in the sport.

BombsAway Bob
07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
its no good for the horse, and they should catch these bums and barr them for life, or procecute them as a criminal like they do in other jurisdictions and take a good step to clean up this game.

it realy is a serious offense trying to alter the performance of a horse in a parimutual event. some people actually think that all races are being altered and therefore they don't have any interest in the sport.
Not ALL races, Lambo, just the ones i handicap, bet, & lose on! ;)

Hanover1
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Could it be possible that that some people actually think that all races are being altered because of people that say all races are altered? Im just sayin......
Sidestepping the tired debate of who/when/if of cheats/cheating, players do little to promote the sport with conversations that others can be privy to. This is my point when I take this angle on this topic, not a defense of the sin, but to point out the obvious.

Robert Goren
07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Some of the horses I bet must have gotten snail blood by mistake.;)

SimRick
07-29-2010, 02:57 PM
My wife uses it after a series of back surgeries. She has a pump implanted and it is slowly injected into her spinal column. She says that it is miraculous and works better than narcotics like morphine with no side effect of getting high and tired and there are no tolerance issues. It's easy to see why unscrupulous trainers would use it.

Black Ruby
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
....and good image managment, spreading yet another "I heard from some guy that hear from some guy..."
To bet or not to bet...that is the question.

Yes, we all know that no one ever administers a foreign substance to a horse in hopes of improving performance. And no trainer ever looks for a new substance that there's no test for yet.

Hanover1
07-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Yes, we all know that no one ever administers a foreign substance to a horse in hopes of improving performance. And no trainer ever looks for a new substance that there's no test for yet.

Nice promo....good luck.

Robert Fischer
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM

It would be neat to get Pat Biancone or another one of the guys who use venoms on a webchat sometime.