PDA

View Full Version : New Game from DRF

Rook
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I was going to bet horses as usual today, but with my software dependent on the exported DRF Formulator files, this doesn't look like an option as DRF tinkers around with their website.

Some people would bitch and complain about not having access to something they paid for and depend on but fortunately DRF has created a new game as a substitute to racing that really helps the time go by. That game is Guess the Error Code.

Get a bunch a guys together and instead of playing poker, assign each one an error code. Every few minutes try to log into DRF thru Formulator. If that guy's error code pops up, he gets the pool.

So far the game is limited to 3 players (HTTP error code:404; A connection with the server could not be established; A direct request will change a secure to a non-secure connection).

I'll let this board know if a new code shows up to allow a 4th player.

horses4courses
07-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I was going to bet horses as usual today, but with my software dependent on the exported DRF Formulator files, this doesn't look like an option as DRF tinkers around with their website.

Some people would bitch and complain about not having access to something they paid for and depend on but fortunately DRF has created a new game as a substitute to racing that really helps the time go by. That game is Guess the Error Code.

Get a bunch a guys together and instead of playing poker, assign each one an error code. Every few minutes try to log into DRF thru Formulator. If that guy's error code pops up, he gets the pool.

So far the game is limited to 3 players (HTTP error code:404; A connection with the server could not be established; A direct request will change a secure to a non-secure connection).

I'll let this board know if a new code shows up to allow a 4th player.

Good luck with that!
Seriously, though. DRF needs to credit all subscribers affected by this.
I don't purchase from them, but I would be pissed if I did, and looking for some compensation.

KingChas
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
The formulator is only accessible online/site at this time.

Important note; you must have adobe 10 flashplayer downloaded on your system.

andymays
07-29-2010, 11:46 AM
The DRF site needed to be upgraded. The upgrade has to be better than the old site.

As far as refunds go I've never had them refuse to give me a refund for PP's when I've asked. Sometimes I've made mistakes downloading the wrong day and they give me a credit every time.

David-LV
07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Why don't they do their upgrades at 1:00 AM on a slow race day?

turfnsport
07-29-2010, 01:00 PM
I have had no issues so far today with Formulater, been using it for 90 minutes now

BombsAway Bob
07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
The DRF site needed to be upgraded. The upgrade has to be better than the old site.
As far as refunds go I've never had them refuse to give me a refund for PP's when I've asked. Sometimes I've made mistakes downloading the wrong day and they give me a credit every time.
I concur, DRF Customer Service has been super every time i've had an issue,
even if it involves Suffolk PP's not being sold in the Newsstand Edition here in Mass., or Hollywood PP's not included on a Friday Edition! They Will make it right, even if it's crediting your subscription so you can get PP's normally included in your area's Paper edition, & i appreciate that!

PhantomOnTour
07-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I concur, DRF Customer Service has been super every time i've had an issue,
even if it involves Suffolk PP's not being sold in the Newsstand Edition here in Mass., or Hollywood PP's not included on a Friday Edition! They Will make it right, even if it's crediting your subscription so you can get PP's normally included in your area's Paper edition, & i appreciate that!
Always 'making it right' is one thing and always screwing it up in the first place is another. Credit scmedit...get it right the first time. Yeah, the customer service is great but I'd rather not have to deal with them at all.

I got an HTTP 403 Forbidden message...is that a new one?

KingChas
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
The DRF has implemented some changes on its website and we are experiencing some Technical glitches with our website. Our Technicians are currently working to resolve these issues as soon as possible we do appreciate your patience. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may wish to downlod your PP'S information in the Formulator web version as there appears to be no issue with the web version of Formulator currenlty. To download you would need to open an IE browser and type in the web address www.drf.com, do not use a bookmark or a favorite as yuou may have an old DRF web address linked to it. Next from the Home page of the DRF website scroll over to the link Handicapping located on the index header line. This is located just beneath the DRF Logo. When you hover over that link you will get a drop down menu. Scroll down to the link DRF Formulator PP's the next page will indicate that the system is loading Adobe Flash Player. NOTE: The recent change on the website also requires you to have the Adobe Flash Player version 10.1 installed on your computer, this will effect the space where the news articles appear. You may wish to check your computer to see if you the most recent version of the Abode Flash Player, or if it is installed on your computer. On the next page that appears scroll down to the Track and Date you wish to access. The next page should display your PP'S.

Track Collector
07-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I was having problems the other day too with downloading Formulator files. I was either receiving one of those error messages, or the connection would time-out after downloading only one or two of the entire day's cards.

No problems yet today.

KingChas
07-30-2010, 12:27 AM
DRF upgrades I loose all my saved Formulator4.1 downloaded racecards.
Brilliant!
I just got done downloading the basic pdf's to a file from opening day until the end of July.
I like to look back-offline.
Of course I couldn't modify anything since I wanted to see full PP's.
DRF upgrades and I am back to my Commodore 128 days.
Brilliant!

KingChas
07-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Of course,5 minutes after downloading PDF's by hand and writing this,
I checked Formulator 4.1 again.
Guess what it's working,they even downloaded racecards themselves for me up to August 1st....adding insult to injury........ :blush: :bang: :lol:

Patience is a virtue I never had.

KingChas
07-31-2010, 03:23 AM
Of course,5 minutes after downloading PDF's by hand and writing this,
I checked Formulator 4.1 again.
Guess what it's working,they even downloaded racecards themselves for me up to August 1st....adding insult to injury........ :blush: :bang: :lol:

I would like to recant all of the above.
It was a NY minute.
3 days and counting......................... :mad: