PDA

View Full Version : DISH NETWORK

lamboguy
07-29-2010, 07:45 AM
this thing is great. there are no commentators to listen to, you can watch any track that is running anytime without having to wait to see it delayed.

if you people are sick of commentators on horseracing tv networks, and delays, and watching races when you want to watch it. if you are sick of someone that doesn't have a clue trying to promote you to play a lousy pick 4 pick 4 or superfecta or trifecta, DISH NETWORK is your choice. if you don't need someone making your horseracing selections for you then DISH NETWORK is your choice.

i am not paid to pump this and have never got a phone call from dish network, i am just a very satisfied customer.

JimG
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Do you have to subscribe to other programming or can you just pay $50 per month and that's it? Is there a receiver per month charge or do you buy the equipment up front? How much is installation? Are any of the races in hd?

I'm watching my pennies pretty closely at this time and doubt if I will subscribe in the near future, but would be interested in any info you have on total cost. Thanks.

Jim

PS...Glad you are enjoying it.

lamboguy
07-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Do you have to subscribe to other programming or can you just pay $50 per month and that's it? Is there a receiver per month charge or do you buy the equipment up front? How much is installation? Are any of the races in hd?

I'm watching my pennies pretty closely at this time and doubt if I will subscribe in the near future, but would be interested in any info you have on total cost. Thanks.

Jim

PS...Glad you are enjoying it.
you have to pay the minimum $29 a month, and then you pay the extra $50.

i really love this service, i am sorry that you are on a budget, but what dish should do is not charge the minimum for a year to people that sign up for the $50 service and get them hooked on dish network, you will never go back to the old way.

JimG
07-29-2010, 08:40 AM
you have to pay the minimum $29 a month, and then you pay the extra $50.

i really love this service, i am sorry that you are on a budget, but what dish should do is not charge the minimum for a year to people that sign up for the $50 service and get them hooked on dish network, you will never go back to the old way.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I currently just use an over the air antenna and it get great hd reception so that sounds like it would add about $100 per month (when you add on the additional service and the fees that the tv providers like to add). Guess I will have to check out the internet feed of the service when/if it becomes available.

Thanks again for the speedy reply.

Jim

horses4courses
07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
I've had DN for 3-4 years now.
I like it, as does my family. We are tied in with phone and internet service,
and the whole package saves us a little bit, on average, from before.

However, you have me slightly confused.
On the package I have, I get TVG and HRTV.
I enjoy them, but do tend to mute the volume there, or use live track feeds online.

How do you get live track feeds through DN? Does it cost?
I know from my racebook days that track signals generally need equipment hooked-up in order to receive them.
It would surprise me if you can pick up raw feeds through DN.

lamboguy
07-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I've had DN for 3-4 years now.
I like it, as does my family. We are tied in with phone and internet service,
and the whole package saves us a little bit, on average, from before.

However, you have me slightly confused.
On the package I have, I get TVG and HRTV.
I enjoy them, but do tend to mute the volume there, or use live track feeds online.

How do you get live track feeds through DN? Does it cost?
I know from my racebook days that track signals generally need equipment hooked-up in order to receive them.
It would surprise me if you can pick up raw feeds through DN.
it cost an additional $50 a month for the actual track feeds.

speed
07-29-2010, 09:01 AM
It is RTN the race track network

horses4courses
07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
it cost an additional $50 a month for the actual track feeds.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Not worth $600/year for me (small player), but food for thought.

fight
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
hi what are the channel #s on the 50 a month purchase? ty

fouroneone
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
http://www.rtn.tv/

Lasix67
07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I agree totally that it is Great. Had mine hooked up a little over a week ago and to listen to the in-house feed of Saratoga is awesome instead of the talking heads.
Remember that if you want to subscribe to the racetrack channels that they are located on channels 9700 and above and come off the 118 satellite which means for most people that they will need to upgrade their dish to a dish 1000plus for a small installation charge and I highly recommend not installing it yourself, as the 118 satellite is very tough to dial in. If you play the horses at least a couple of times or more a week than it is well worth it, but if your the occasional player than TVG or HRTV is all you will need especially with online video from most ADW sites. Hope this info helps......

thespaah
07-29-2010, 09:27 PM
I agree totally that it is Great. Had mine hooked up a little over a week ago and to listen to the in-house feed of Saratoga is awesome instead of the talking heads.
Remember that if you want to subscribe to the racetrack channels that they are located on channels 9700 and above and come off the 118 satellite which means for most people that they will need to upgrade their dish to a dish 1000plus for a small installation charge and I highly recommend not installing it yourself, as the 118 satellite is very tough to dial in. If you play the horses at least a couple of times or more a week than it is well worth it, but if your the occasional player than TVG or HRTV is all you will need especially with online video from most ADW sites. Hope this info helps......Dish netowrk tech here..
Yes, by all means people, DO NOT try to install this yourself. Not because I make money from doing this. This particular satelite antenna, the required switch and power inserter for said switch MUST be installed in a certian way. The antenna is heavy and not easy to handle. Imagine most folks trying to hoist this 25lb dish up a 28ft ladder to the roof of a two story house? Not a good thing. Tuning the antenna for optimum signal strength requires the use of a very good satellite tuning meter. The one I have cost me $700.

speed
07-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Dish netowrk tech here..
Yes, by all means people, DO NOT try to install this yourself. Not because I make money from doing this. This particular satelite antenna, the required switch and power inserter for said switch MUST be installed in a certian way. The antenna is heavy and not easy to handle. Imagine most folks trying to hoist this 25lb dish up a 28ft ladder to the roof of a two story house? Not a good thing. Tuning the antenna for optimum signal strength requires the use of a very good satellite tuning meter. The one I have cost me $700.

I miss the days of all the channels for 30 bucks a month. Had an ex dish employee who was hooked on crack and had a machine that would program the cards. Gotta find me another one of em. :)