PDA

View Full Version : DRF/Bris Result Files

Some_One
07-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Is there anything out there that can take the multifile format of the drf result files and the bris multi comprehensive files and turn them into a single file/line format so I can import them into access? Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

mmdorn
07-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Is there anything out there that can take the multifile format of the drf result files and the bris multi comprehensive files and turn them into a single file/line format so I can import them into access? Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi,

Go to www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html and follow the instructions to download the software. I use the software all the time. Because this is very old software there is one quirk. The Bris multi file field number 9 race classification does not convert to field number 11 in the single file. If you need it, you can copy it to field 11 in the single file on the first line of each race.

Good luck,

Mike

mmdorn
07-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi again,

I forgot to ask you in my last reply, how can you import the single file, 1435 fields, into access when it will only import up to 255 fields into each table? If you import the multi files you can combine the data with queries. Do you know something that I don't know?

Thanks,

Mike

vegasone
07-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Use Mysql it will do it, Access wont Mysql is free.
But I think he is talking about results files