PDA

View Full Version : Finally A Victory

LRL Racing
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I know Winter Triangle will read this post so wanted her to know Tammy won at Delaware Park on Tuesday in the 8th race. Tammy had been flattening out when the time came to run and the jockeys kept telling us she had a breathing problem. Cindy galloped her and found out she was holding her breath when the jock started asking her to go so we changed strategies and never gave her a chance to hold her breath and she won by two lenghts in a pretty good time. Wire to Wire.

tucker6
07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
I know Winter Triangle will read this post so wanted her to know Tammy won at Delaware Park on Tuesday in the 8th race. Tammy had been flattening out when the time came to run and the jockeys kept telling us she had a breathing problem. Cindy galloped her and found out she was holding her breath when the jock started asking her to go so we changed strategies and never gave her a chance to hold her breath and she won by two lenghts in a pretty good time. Wire to Wire.
Congrats. If I can ask, why specifically was she holding her breath when she was asked, and what was the strategy that broke the habit?

Thanks in advance.

WinterTriangle
07-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I SAW!!!!!

Cindy Jones is an amazingly observant trainer.

She found this very subtle affectation with Tammy that enabled her to "turn the key" on this horse.

Bravo. You're in good hands, but you already knew that.;)

LRL Racing
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
She was holding her breath because she didn't want to put out as much and then got away with it for several races. The strategy was telling the jockey not to give her an opportunity to hold her breath and to stay after her right out of the gate. Carabello rode her and for the first time in her life she went to the lead and he just stayed after her the whole trip so she never got a chance to hold her breath. As Winter Triangle stated I know my trainer is tops so you just got to stay patient and hope they figure it out. Tammy is six years old and won quite a few races so this came as quite a surprise to all.

tucker6
07-29-2010, 01:41 PM
She was holding her breath because she didn't want to put out as much and then got away with it for several races. The strategy was telling the jockey not to give her an opportunity to hold her breath and to stay after her right out of the gate. Carabello rode her and for the first time in her life she went to the lead and he just stayed after her the whole trip so she never got a chance to hold her breath. As Winter Triangle stated I know my trainer is tops so you just got to stay patient and hope they figure it out. Tammy is six years old and won quite a few races so this came as quite a surprise to all.
Thanks for the reply. Patience is a virtue in many ways.

onefast99
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Congratulations on the win, maybe they will start coming in bunches now.

5k-claim
07-29-2010, 02:17 PM
That is a really nice win...

Congratulations to you guys!

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2010, 02:29 AM
I know Winter Triangle will read this post so wanted her to know Tammy won at Delaware Park on Tuesday in the 8th race. Tammy had been flattening out when the time came to run and the jockeys kept telling us she had a breathing problem. Cindy galloped her and found out she was holding her breath when the jock started asking her to go so we changed strategies and never gave her a chance to hold her breath and she won by two lenghts in a pretty good time. Wire to Wire.Congrats on the win and on figuring out her problem!

lamboguy
07-30-2010, 07:42 AM
great win for a great person

LRL Racing
07-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks to all and I appreciate the positive comments. Got four babies that will hopefully run in the not to distant future so there is optimism other than each of them have their own problem; shins, feet, etc.. My trainer takes his time and it has helped my patience for sure as they eventually all come around based on past history.