PDA

View Full Version : The Principal Stakeholders in Horse Racing Are:

rwwupl
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
According to Stronach /Mills in their new "Charter of Rights" Racetrack Owners and Horse Owners are principal stakeholders.

I wonder what the forum thinks of this...is it true and why or another bunch os B.S.?

I think I could make the case that Horse Owners are nothing more than gamblers that when they invest in a horse, they pay a certain price because they are gambling that their horse is fast enough to win enough races to profit. Horse Owners might only own a small piece of the selling price,yet in Frank Stronachs eyes they are "Principal stakeholders".

What is so different,that when a customer participant plays his money on a horse to win ,he is just a gambler and brings nothing to the game? He is not a principal Stakeholder in Stonachs Charter of Rights, even though,collectively the gamblers provide 95%of the money for purses and the game itself, much more than any owner or collection of owners,always has and always will. Many long time gamblers invest more in the game than many owners. Without gambling, I wonder what the owners would be willing to pay for the same horse? Gambling is a big part of the game, that makes it complete, yet many owners and racetracks do not want to recognize that fact.

He also says Trainers and Jockeys are key participants,yes but what about the pari-mutuel customers?

Maybe Frank is right, but What do you think?

http://www.racingfuture.com/horse_racing_charter_of_rights.html

IN HORSE RACING, THE PRINCIPAL STAKEHOLDERS ARE:

Racetrack Owners & Horse Owners

Racetrack Owners depend on their Executive Management to represent their interests. Horse Owners depend on their Horsemen’s Group.

Trainers and Jockeys are key participants in the success of the business and must share fairly in its financial rewards.

comet52
07-29-2010, 10:39 AM
The horsemen feel they are in charge, regardless of how someone parses "ownership theory" here.

Horseplayersbet.com
07-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Horse owners and breeders are gamblers. They have a collective negative expectation to make money just like Horseplayers.

Jockeys, their agents and trainers are similar to commission salesman.

Horseplayers pay for the purses and the tracks operation.

Horse owners (mostly subsidized by Horseplayer and VLT player losses) pay breeders and jockeys, their agents and trainers and their staff.

A quarter partner on a $4000 claimer can own a horse, and be on the hook for $5000 in a year. In other words, almost anyone can be a Horseplayer and almost anyone can be a horse owner.