PDA

View Full Version : New York Stakes, River Downs Purses Cut, Turfway Eliminates Kentucky Cup

owlet
07-28-2010, 04:08 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/115135.html

It's amusing to watch the whole shiteroo collapse around these guys like Crist and Jay Hovdey.

What's that Steve, another Saratoga "blog" about your A-B and C tickets? Another article about Whittingham and the 1957 Santa Anitia Futurity, Jay?

Pretty soon there won't be any races at all to place in the Racing Form. Perhaps they can create an historical society together.

In fairness, Crist has bitched about the lack of a slot contract in NY among other issues. But what are slots going to solve exactly? There is NO long term solutions from anyone, just more finger pointing and escapism during the last days of the sport.

ArlJim78
07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
So finger pointing and not offering long term solutions is bad.

Then for some reason you point a finger at Crist and Hovdey and offer no long term solutions of your own.

cosmo96
07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Don't be such a gloom and doomer. I don't like slots either, but if the Ohio tracks don't get them now, they will lose it all. Depending on the season I go to River Downs, Beulah, or Turfway every week. I've gone to other small or medium tracks with slots, and their is much more enthusiasm at the afore mentioned tracks. There is good attendance at RD, Beu, And TP. They just have to build up their purses with slots. Like it or not Ohio tracks need slots to keep up with the neighboring states. A racetrack is a terrible thing to lose. And there is nothing better than live racing near the Ohio River.

BMustang
07-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Now that River Downs has slashed the purses on the Cradle and Bassinet, maybe Jack can free up a few bucks and ante up the fee to provide us with Del Mar.

For the uninformed River Downs has not carried Hollywood or Del Mar this summer. A real statement about the concern for customer satisfaction at the River!

cosmo96
07-29-2010, 09:35 AM
To make matters worse at RD there are not enough tellers, and the machine tellers don't work. I know there is a lot of interest for horseracing in the Cincinnati area, but there is no advertising, no promotions, no publicity. Why do they have a publicity director?