PDA

View Full Version : Does racing need a Wikileaks?

DJofSD
07-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Are there aspects of the game that should see the light of day. Such as what deals have been made by the CHRB behind close doors?

What else would fall on the list?

The_Knight_Sky
07-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Are there aspects of the game that should see the light of day. Such as what deals have been made by the CHRB behind close doors?

But everything is perfectly fine out in the Golden State. http://i30.tinypic.com/2daf5f5.gif

For example look at the exemplary behaviour from their members:

1) reinstating a "permanently" banned rider
2) banning webcasts at CHRB meetings
3) keying (vandalizing) someone's automobile in the parking lot
4) unable to formally rescind (in writing) the state-wide synthetics mandate
5) raising heck over an owner who wants to run his racetrack his way
6) having a ex-movie star on a horse racing board, chosen by.... an ex-movie star

Yes. Everything is just fine and dandy out in California.

DJofSD
07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't understand why #6 would be on the list.

#4 is what I would like to see more fully investigated. I believe there were deals made behind closed doors.

Overlay
07-27-2010, 09:50 AM

How about which horses "they" have decided will win today...along with who "they" are in the first place? :D

The_Knight_Sky
07-27-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't understand why #6 would be on the list.

http://i30.tinypic.com/16jg3mt.jpg How about we replace movie stars with mathematicians.

Those who understand the concept of raising the price (Los Alamitos experiment)
leads to a lowered handle by 27%.

Then after the experimental phase,
they opt to continue on with the downward spiral. Go figure.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2010/07/los-al-handle-off-27-since-takeout.html

andymays
07-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Transparency? Honesty? Integrity?

Much of the leadership in racing is corrupt and incompetent in my opinion. There are certainly some good people in leadership positions but not nearly enough.

In California and I'm sure in some other parts of the country Horseplayers are looked upon as a necessary evil. I would point to the latest CHRB meeting as an example:
------------------------------------

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/c.../#comment-33994
Excerpt:

When Jeff Platt of the Horseplayers Association of North America testified on a matter relating to a takeout increase at Los Alamitos, Platt made the mistake of bringing his laptop computer and coffee mug to the witness table. “Mr. Platt has brought his coffee to the table, thinking he’s going to be here for a long time,” said Brackpool, who sets strict time limits on witnesses and public comments. “I’ve never seen that before.”
During that same discussion, horseplayer Barry Meadow addressed the board and tried to use several analogies to explain why an increase in takeout was a bad idea. Brackpool cut him off, saying, “I’m only going to permit you two analogies per comment.”
--------------------------------
When you get some of these racing executives in a room together and someone brings up Horseplayers the over under is about 15 seconds before the word degenerate or some other derogatory term comes out. One other business I'm aware of treats their customers the same way. That would be dope dealers. ;)

They disrpespect Horseplayers on a regular basis. They are their to work in the interests of their friends, their egos, and their own selfish needs.

Horseplayers be damned.
--------------------------------

You can fight back if you choose to. I choose to disrespect them. Every time they do something to Horseplayers like Jeff Platt and Barry Meadow I hammer them as best I can. I'm sure they hate my guts when they get one of my emails but screw them. My goal is to have them get up and take a Xanax before they open one of my emails. Once again screw them.

JustRalph
07-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Racing needs one thing......... a kick in the ass to the players.......no Wiki leaks would have an impact. We already know hundreds of secrets and back room deals and cheating incidents. They make the news and the States continue to slap wrists and ignore things that take money right out of our pockets.

If the Horseplayers would get on board with HANA and not be so damn cheap, by adding a few bucks to the HANA coffers we could field a stronger advocacy group and maybe bring some unity to the game on the appropriate side of the fence. As it stands now Horseplayers are yelling over the fence and being ignored by the tracks.

There needs to be fewer tracks, contraction is the only answer. HANA could have a hand in deciding who survives by steering handle. Alas, Horseplayers are too stubborn and without the foresight to break out of their old models and stand up.

highnote
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Racing needs one thing......... a kick in the ass to the players.......no Wiki leaks would have an impact. We already know hundreds of secrets and back room deals and cheating incidents. They make the news and the States continue to slap wrists and ignore things that take money right out of our pockets.

You might be right -- a wikileaks might not help, but I'd still like to see wikileaks website for racing. It certainly couldn't hurt.

HANA could have a hand in deciding who survives by steering handle.

How would HANA be able to steer handle?

JustRalph
07-27-2010, 03:32 PM
You might be right -- a wikileaks might not help, but I'd still like to see wikileaks website for racing. It certainly couldn't hurt.

How would HANA be able to steer handle?

come on? I was trying to not use the "B" word..................

highnote
07-27-2010, 03:48 PM
come on? I was trying to not use the "B" word..................

Procott, maybe. Boycott, unlikely. In fact, I'd say the chance is practically nil. I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, it's just a fact.

The B word belongs to Mr. B -- Mr. Bauer.

Tom
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
I've been boycotting Churchill for a longtime now, along with Calder, Gulfstream. Life is good without them.

KingChas
07-28-2010, 12:34 AM
I always thought we were the Wikileaks. :D

how cliche
07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
My letter to the chrb(doubt they'll listen)

It's not likely that you care, but from this date forward I'm boycotting any circuit that Patrick Valenzuela rides regularly on. I formerly would wager between three and four thousand dollars a year on the Southern California circuit. Those dollars will be going elsewhere now. That's between four hundred fifty and six hundred dollars of lost revenue for those tracks each year. I realize it's a small amount, but it's my money and I refuse to spend it there as long as he's allowed to ride.

His reinstatement is a slap in the face to anyone who works hard and plays by the rules in order to attain some measure of success in their profession. There are some people who are born with talent. There are more who attain notoriety through perseverance alone. Then there's P-Val.

Please reverse the decision to reinstate him. Thanks.

Bruddah
07-28-2010, 10:18 AM
My letter to the chrb(doubt they'll listen)

It's not likely that you care, but from this date forward I'm boycotting any circuit that Patrick Valenzuela rides regularly on. I formerly would wager between three and four thousand dollars a year on the Southern California circuit. Those dollars will be going elsewhere now. That's between four hundred fifty and six hundred dollars of lost revenue for those tracks each year. I realize it's a small amount, but it's my money and I refuse to spend it there as long as he's allowed to ride.

His reinstatement is a slap in the face to anyone who works hard and plays by the rules in order to attain some measure of success in their profession. There are some people who are born with talent. There are more who attain notoriety through perseverance alone. Then there's P-Val.

It's been a while since I've awarded one of these AMEN BRUDDAH!!

kenwoodall2
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Horseplayers starting a racing leak site is impossible- as evidenced by my Mythnuster thread not being answered. No ideas of what is being hidden or slanted! How about WHAT you ant brought to light- in ALL STATES?
We aslready know the CHRB kisses up to alcoholic jockeys and bankrupt horsemen who own tracks, brefding, Amtote, AWD, and horses.

JustRalph
07-28-2010, 04:31 PM

very interesting way to look at it............ :ThmbUp: