PDA

View Full Version : Hambo Elims Ad

Ray2000
07-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Notice the ad ...top right screen...

You'd think if you were going to advertise the Hambo elims and your web site you'd get the friggin date right!

Morons

harness2008
07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Unfreakinbelievable

mirror Image
07-26-2010, 06:21 PM
At least they got the track right :bang:

Trotman
07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
And their lead in to the ad "Who Will Survive" at the rate their going not them

Pacingguy
07-27-2010, 06:50 AM
Doesn't surprise me. I got my reserved seat for the Hambletonian Final and it appears it is going to be a late night. First race is at 11:30pm.

Have they ever heard of proof reading?

Hanover1
07-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Doesn't surprise me. I got my reserved seat for the Hambletonian Final and it appears it is going to be a late night. First race is at 11:30pm.

Have they ever heard of proof reading?

I checked out your site for the first time today...I am impressed with the quality of insight, and the passion for the game. Keep up the good work....more folks should take a peek.

pandy
07-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Note to pacinguy, what do you think about the Hambo post position draw? I have tried unsuccessfully to get them to switch to an open draw. A few years ago the Hambo Society decided to let the winners of the eliminations pick their own post positions. The idea was to make the elims better betting contests. Well, I guess it did, but it's ruining the actual "show," the Hambletonian.

The last 3 years the favorite went wire to wire from its inside post and in two of the races was never challenged at all. I call these Hambos snoozefests. All major stakes races must have an open draw. The elims are simply not anywhere near as important as a race that is the most famous harness race and is broadcast on national tv. If you compare it to the Kentucky Derby, they have an open draw, this year the two favorites drew posts 1 and 20 (bad spots) and both had rough trips and were off the board, resulting in another exciting Derby.

But of course they didn't change it because the people who run this sport are clueless. I have spoken to many harness fans and bettors about this and they all agree with me. The eliminations can be non betting races as far as I'm concerned, the Hambletonian is the important race.

Bennie
08-01-2010, 05:44 AM
might want to check the time for the hambo - it starts at 11:30 AM. gates open at 9:30 am and with the parking lot mess going on it might pay to get there a little early.