PDA

View Full Version : Golden Moka at Fort Erie.

Stillriledup
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Just heard the 'call' of this race on TVG. I didn't realize that the Breeders Cup came to Fort Erie, good god, i thought this announcer was going to have a coronary (and than i thought i was going to have coronary having to listen to that garbage).

Jez, where do they find these carnival barkers. :eek:

Trotman
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
The barkers name is Peter Kyte who got back in the announcing game at Tioga Downs back a few years. He just got the job at the Fort last year when Darryl Wells Jr. called it quits after 33 years and does dual duty also calling at Western Fair when they open up in the fall. In the
beginning it looked as if he was going to be a good one, could go through the field front to back with no mistakes and clear voice. Now all of a sudden he screams and tries to add dumb humor. :ThmbDown:

comet52
07-26-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the guy but for some reason this year he has taken to screaming down the home stretch way too much. I think he's good but needs to dial it back a bit.

Trotman
07-26-2010, 05:31 PM
comet52 exactly, he could be a real good one he's got the clarity and tone but like many announcers lately they add too much and then start screaming. I thought John Dooley was going to be a good one then he starts mentioning every jockey in the race and he screws up and starts screaming when the finish is not even close. Even Tom Durkin has been adding things and humor that gets him screaming because the finish is coming and he seems to be catching up, good god just call the bloody race.

menifee
07-27-2010, 02:32 AM
He is out of control. N3L horses just need to be called clearly.

The guy who called the "Giants win the pennant" after Bobby Thompson's homerun showed more restraint. The guy at River Downs is starting to do the same thing.

These guys need to realize that this has diminishing value and people will start to tune out. Then when something really amazing happens, nobody will be listenting or paying attention.

Stillriledup
07-27-2010, 03:21 AM
He is out of control. N3L horses just need to be called clearly.

The guy who called the "Giants win the pennant" after Bobby Thompson's homerun showed more restraint. The guy at River Downs is starting to do the same thing.

These guys need to realize that this has diminishing value and people will start to tune out. Then when something really amazing happens, nobody will be listenting or paying attention.

Exactly.

appistappis
07-27-2010, 03:45 AM
I couldn't agree more....if I see him at the track today, I'm going to mention it.