PDA

View Full Version : Gov Christie Of NJ and Racing

Robert Goren
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
I am openning a thread on him in the Off Topic Forum so people can make political comments about what he perposes to with racing in NJ. Does his closing down of the Meadowlands hurt him in the eyes of tea party republicans?

Tom
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Not me. If he deems that in the best interests of the taxpayers, I support him. I do not favor handouts to race tracks under many situations. IF a track can't pay it's own way, let it die. ANY track. We need less tracks, and stronger tracks.

Now, before anyone piles on NYRA, they are hardly getting handouts. They are being PREVENTED from paying their own way but the hapless NYS government. There are far more pressing issues for Tea Partiers to be concerned with, racing just doesn't make the list. If someone can find a way to keep racing going while not being dependent, MPTT.

Racing needs to present a good, comprehensive picture along with reasonable steps they are willing to take if they want him to change his mind on things.
Does racing provide enough through the take out, through breeding, through employment.....yadda yadda yadda....make the case and make it public. Probably hire some professionals to make it for them.

JustRalph
07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Not me. If he deems that in the best interests of the taxpayers, I support him. I do not favor handouts to race tracks under many situations. IF a track can't pay it's own way, let it die. ANY track. We need less tracks, and stronger tracks.

took the words right out of my mouth :ThmbUp:

boxcar
07-26-2010, 01:40 PM
I am openning a thread on him in the Off Topic Forum so people can make political comments about what he perposes to with racing in NJ. Does his closing down of the Meadowlands hurt him in the eyes of tea party republicans?

Goren, you're not one of those one-issue kind of guys, are you? Rome is burning and you're worried about a lousy race track! Where are your sense of priorities? Geesh... :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
As a resident of NJ I have no problem if he wants to shut down the tracks providing there is no aid for the Xanadu fiasco or taking over the A.C. district.

This guy just wants to pick his fights he's not stupid. If you lived here the reason he is doing this is that he can't get anything through Sweeney without placating him. So it's politics as usual except the Monmouth and Bergen County contingent won't accept this so look for an all out war.

For the first time I can remember in a long time this will not be a Democrat versus Republican issue. I'm proud of my State Senator for writing a great piece in the opinion section of the Asbury Park Press. Yes she is a REPUBLICAN and not siding with him. She has my vote forever along with Assemblyman Thompson who helped me take on the electric company and cost them $250,000 ten years ago. To me it's always the person not the party.

bigmack
07-26-2010, 02:56 PM
She has my vote forever along with Assemblyman Thompson who helped me take on the electric company and cost them $250,000 ten years ago.
The "Jersey Way" firmly intact.

ArlJim78
07-26-2010, 03:27 PM
No.

Robert Goren
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
No. An honest answer. That is all I want. Thank you.

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 05:32 PM
The "Jersey Way" firmly intact.

No not really. All they had to do was upgrade a 100 amp fuse that kept on blowing out near my friends garage. I told them what was wrong and JCP&L didn't listen. He made them upgrade the whole neighborhood I was an independent till then. Changed my party affiliation next time I was in the township offices.