PDA

View Full Version : White House backed release of Lockerbie bomber

TJDave
07-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Correspondence obtained by The Sunday Times reveals the Obama administration considered compassionate release more palatable than locking up Abdel Baset al-Megrahi in a Libyan prison.

The intervention, which has angered US relatives of those who died in the attack, was made by Richard LeBaron, deputy head of the US embassy in London, a week before Megrahi was freed in August last year on grounds that he had terminal cancer.

The document, acquired by a well-placed US source, threatens to undermine US President Barack Obama's claim last week that all Americans were "surprised, disappointed and angry" to learn of Megrahi's release...

The US has tried to keep the letter secret, refusing to give permission to the Scottish authorities to publish it on the grounds it would prevent future "frank and open communications" with other governments.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/white-house-backed-release-of-lockerbie-bomber-abdel-baset-al-megrahi/story-e6frg6so-1225896741041

JustRalph
07-26-2010, 01:02 AM
why is this not a surprise

and it will get very little play in the 'mainstream' media

boxcar
07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Chalk up, yet, another lie to our aspiring social moralist. :rolleyes:

As I stated yesterday in the Ruling Class thread, this how we know there's been no scientific breakthrough with respect to any fundamental transformation of human nature that would make this ruling class morally or intellectually superior to anyone -- other than in their own eyes, of course. They are like that Pharisee in the Luke passage -- a bunch of self-righteous, sanctimonious hypocrites.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
07-26-2010, 12:44 PM
If Fox doesn't pick it up, then there are problems with the story. If you have go hunting in an Australian paper that nobody ever heard of to get dirt on Obama, you are pretty hard up. I have not noticed any shortage US media that is willing to take him on.

NJ Stinks
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
If Fox doesn't pick it up, then there are problems with the story. If you have go hunting in an Australian paper that nobody ever heard of to get dirt on Obama, you are pretty hard up. I have not noticed any shortage US media that is willing to take him on.

Who owns the The Australian newspaper?

The Australian Is owned by Newscorp, started in 1964 by Rupert Murdoch as Australia's first national newspaper. Though it may have once held independent opinion, it was co-opted by self serving ideologues of the Liberal Party and is nothing more then a mouthpiece for their policies.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_owns_the_Australian_Newspaper

Tom
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
It was on the news at noon today here at home.

bigmack
07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Who owns the The Australian newspaper?

[b]The Australian Is owned by Newscorp, started in 1964 by Rupert Murdoch as Australia's first national newspaper.
Nice scoop. Did ya read the article? It clearly states the documents came from Britain's Sunday Times.

Do you doubt the story?

lsbets
07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Nice scoop. Did ya read the article? It clearly states the documents came from Britain's Sunday Times.

Do you doubt the story?

Of course he doubts the story. And I bet he won't play the little game of connect the dots from BP, the main beneficiary of the release, to Obama, the man who received more campaign cash than anyone else from BP. Is there a connection? Who knows, but it sure looks bad, and could explain BOs targeting of BP for blame on the spill instead of focusing on trying to get it cleaned up..

boxcar
07-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Then you need to get your head out of sand! Why do you think BO has it in for FNC and conservative talk show hosts? It's because they report things that the MM won't! And they won't, in case you haven't heard lately, because they're all in the tank for BO.

I can't believe you're in such utter denial of current realities!

Boxcar

bigmack
07-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Of course he doubts the story. And I bet he won't play the little game of connect the dots from BP, the main beneficiary of the release, to Obama, the man who received more campaign cash than anyone else from BP. Is there a connection? Who knows, but it sure looks bad, and could explain BOs targeting of BP for blame on the spill instead of focusing on trying to get it cleaned up..
The continually risible aspect of these types that zero in on Murdoch/FNC is they never question why their usual sources avoid certain stories like the plague.

If this story came out on W's watch, it would be plastered on every newspaper in the land. R.Maddow would be digging into the treatment of the LGBT community in both Libya & Peoria, Chris Matthews would be readying a one-hour special, "The Hard Right - Collusion of Confusion" & Big Ed would be in Moorhead MN axing people how this reflects how out of touch the administration is with the perils of The Red River Valley. :p

NJ Stinks
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM

Do you doubt the story?

Who owns the Sunday Times? Newscorp that's who.

I read the article. But I doubt the source immediately when it's Murdoch planting the story around the world.

NJ Stinks
07-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Then you need to get your head out of sand! Why do you think BO has it in for FNC and conservative talk show hosts? It's because they report things that the MM won't! And they won't, in case you haven't heard lately, because they're all in the tank for BO.

I can't believe you're in such utter denial of current realities!

Boxcar

I'll say this slowly so that even you may understand. Murdoch is reporting his own story. Period. That's it. It's Murdoch's tank. Get it ? I doubt it.

How's that for a current reality? :rolleyes:

boxcar
07-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I'll say this slowly so that even you may understand. Murdoch is reporting his own story. Period. That's it. It's Murdoch's tank. Get it ? I doubt it.

How's that for a current reality? :rolleyes:

And let me say this really slow: The MM reports little or nothing that would cast their and your messiah in a bad light. Said differently, The MM lies by omission -- by what they don't report to the general public. So, stick this reality into your hash pipe and puff away. :rolleyes:

And have you so soon forgotten the story that revealed the FACT the MM conspired to be in the tank for BO? Yeah, of course you have. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
07-26-2010, 03:31 PM
In fact, Mr. NJ, let me take this to the next level, as Mr. El Rushbo nailed down perfectly what the MM is to BO. This from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

apparatchik

Main Entry: ap·pa·rat·chik
Pronunciation: \ˌä-pə-ˈrä(t)-chik\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ap·pa·rat·chiks also ap·pa·rat·chi·ki \-chi-kē\
Etymology: Russian, from apparat
Date: 1941

1 : a member of a Communist apparat
2 : a blindly devoted official, follower, or member of an organization (as a corporation or political party) <a movie studio apparatchik

And this is exactly what the MM are. They're nothing but useful idiots -- lap dogs for this administration. And this is why the WH hates the FNC of the world because they don't march to the beat of blind sheeple.

Boxcar

lsbets
07-27-2010, 08:14 AM
The State Department released the letter. This is a giant non story.

bigmack
07-27-2010, 10:22 AM
How's that for a current reality?
Tell us Murdoch has infiltrated The State Dept

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/7_27_10_07_14_12.jpg

Maybe when BO is on The View today he can again tell us - I think all of us here in the United States were surprised, disappointed, and angry about the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

It's a non-story as we're becoming accustomed to hearing flagrant lies flow out of the mouth of this soccer-mom-jean-wearing-nerd.

JustRalph
07-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Nice Call NJ.............. :bang: