PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Contact Number... Let the Games begin.

Suff
08-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Well Boys and Girls...

The PaceAdvantage Saratoga Getaway 2003, is upon us.

I Said I would post a CELL PHONE number and here it is.

1-617-416-3905

This is a Throwaway. Its active from Today until Sunday August 31st. Then it goes in the barrel.

This is for:

To give to your family to contact you in the event they need to

To Contact Me...If you get lost, delayed, flight troubles..anything.

For anyone to contact us as a group. If you've been lurking the TOGA thread and think you might sneak up on us one day....Call me and I'll tip you off we we are sitting as a group.....
This is for all the fence sitters that said "I may make it"

I'll have this phone on me all week.

Use my home number if you have it , until this Friday please.

Tom
08-16-2003, 05:04 PM
Good deal, Suff....hard to find a bunch of guys at a big track like SAR when you don't what they look like!

John
08-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Good Idea,Suff.

Most of us will have our cell phone. A back-up number is perfect when my cell goes dead if someone needs to get in touch for whatever.

Suff
08-17-2003, 06:51 AM
I have this new thread going because I wanted to get that CELL number alot of play.....particulary for the fence sitters..or anonymous lurkers that are "day to day" ...as to if they can or will stop by.

I'm going to keep going here the rest of the week....

I'm pretty excited about the trip. Monday-Thursday I'm fairly busy so today I am doing most of my Packing... When I went down to the basement to get my luggage bags this morning...it HIT ME. It's here. For me, 12 days in beautiful upstate NY at Saratoga Race Course.

During the year I take my share of long weekends to NY, Florida and Foxwoods.. But this one.. This one I work for all year..and I look forward to going back the day I leave. This trip is for me...This is how I get through them rough winters working outside... I just keep thinking of my Two weeks at the SPA.

I am all set with Travers day... I have everything in place.. I have two guys handling the Caterers.. Rocajack and Corp1956.
Thank you to them. I'm meeting John for breakfast in two hours.
I'm giving him a document for NYRA and a handful of tickets.

So....here we go... This is how you should do it. I have some one assigned to the Ticket Booth at the Festival Tent. They will have a name badge on that says "Paceadvantage" and "Users name" and "Real Name". He will be at that SPOT at 9:30 am Travers day. If you get to the track early...see him. He'll give you your ticket and show you the tables.

Name badges for everyone are being made this week.

They're optional of course... but everyone will have a PACEADVANTAGE t-shirt , a ticket, and a NAME BADGE on the table for them. It will have your name, Usersname and Paceadvantage on them.

I figure guys like Schwartz for a little promoting while he is there... so I had Horse Street Software placed on his Badge. And Purple Power thrown on Rieds.

If You have a Name or affiliation you'd like. You have 4 hours as the order is going in...

Actually , someone offered to do this for free. I myself, hate Name badges and will be throwing mine in the barrel as soon as I see it. I'm an outgoing person... You won't need a Name Badge to know who I am.... Believe me.....

But Like I told him... Just because I don't like Name Badges doesn't mean others don't like them either.... "so go ahead and make them"...........

So once again and in Closing....

Go to the clubhouse....go to the PADDOCK area... to the right of the paddock...through some tree's and so forth..set back a little...is a BIG red and white tent... Above the entrance is a SIGN that says "FESTIVAL TENT"... At the entrance you should see someone with a PA badge on.... NOTE* even if there is NO PA person there.... The NYRA ticket takers will be well versed in what's going on....

OK.. Thats it.... except.. Monday the 25th we have the exact same spot....but with no lunch, t-shirts or fan fare.. And we'll be working hard on picking winners,,, By Monday....I wanna be working on MY profit...hard. Saturdays the Party... Monday's the Work.... The work we all love....winnning!!!!

ANY OTHER DAY.......... Either call me on the cell phone number or take your chances trying to bump into one of us...

Typically I am at Breakfast with the Horses at 6:00 AM.... I'm not exagerating when I say that MOST days... I'm The first car in line when they open the Gate in the AM.

I have the DRF under my Arm and I have that look in my eye like If I don't pick three winners today... I'm going to the electric chair in the Morning.

After I eat... I make the rounds and bother everybody...
The Clockers, The OutRiders, The Jockeys, The trainers and the owners. Hell, I've flagged down the Tractor driver and started a conversation about how the track looked........No one escapes me.

Buddha
08-17-2003, 11:34 AM
How long do you plan on being at 'Toga? I am either making a trip next Monday, the 25th, or that Wednesday, Thursday the 27th, 28th. Didn't know how long you were staying around.

Buddha

Suff
08-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Buddha
How long do you plan on being at 'Toga? I am either making a trip next Monday, the 25th, or that Wednesday, Thursday the 27th, 28th. Didn't know how long you were staying around.

Buddha

August 23rd to September 1st.

If you have time...Theres another thread entitled "more toga stuff" you can read. Its really cluttered ...so you gotta look at most posts because tucked in amongst the GOOD INFORMATION is alot of trip chatter....so it takes a few minutes to browse that thread.... Thats why I started a new thread.. Final week,,, I need to be very clear and concise ...

See you there,,, CJ Milkowski and Reid Mclennan are coming the 25th and 27th respectively... There are some spots open on the back end if guys are now thinking "Labor Day" is workable...

Mainly due to the fact that we have the cottages intil 10:00 am Saturday. Her cottages are weekly rentals.. she would'nt clean them up to rent for Sat and Sun Night only...All three of our cottages are "avaiable" for Sat and sun night...(30th and 31st) But I only paid for one so far... If we have more guys...we can go down for the extra two days on all 3....at the daily rate of $100.00 for a 2 bedroom (sleeps 4/5). Short money if the demand is there...

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Cj on the 25th?? Then I will be able to meet him....too bad I will miss Reid....

cj
08-17-2003, 10:34 PM
Probably just a typo...I emailed suff my itinerary...I fly in on the night of the 28th and fly out on the night of the 31st...hope to meet a bunch of you!

Buddha
08-18-2003, 12:28 AM
am i reading this right, that there is sleeping rooms/cottages available if we need a place to sleep? that would be great for me as i would be coming on a budget anyways, and would mean that i could stay from monday til like thursday. since i would have to work on friday afternoon.

Suff
08-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Buddha... Hate to do it to you,,,,But read the "More Toga stuff" thread and its all in there..

Place to stay? Yes. Problem is....pretty certain there is no room left...

I'm 50-50 on that... I posted the Cell Number....Call me Saturday night or Sunday. I'll know for certain then.

If we can accommodate you.....we will. Make no mistake about that. We'd love to see you drop in for a couple of days...

I may be able to give you tues-and wed Night in cottage 10...

If you want.... make plans to come... I'll make plans to squeeze you in somewhere (will an airmattress on a screened in porch , be Ok?)

Call me Satruday night or Sunday...and if there is NO way I can get you in anywhere.....You'll have to make other accomodations..

I will do everything in my power to pull it off ...If we can save you a few bucks by getting you in....thats the idea. Make the trip....We're bunking down for short money...We'll quite likely eat off the Barbacue a few nights..(cheaper)....so that free's up some money for playing the Ponies or buying a nice souvineer of the trip......

If you reall want to come...Pack. Get ready.

The thursday night is the night that worrys me....The other one's I'll pull something off...

Hope to hear from you or see you soon...

SUFF

Suff
08-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Here's a look at the Porch... it aint as bad as it sounds,,

Scroll down to the seasonal cottages....#6 and #7. Those are two of ours and they show the porch pretty good.

http://www.whisperingpinesctgs.com/cottages.htm

Buddha
08-18-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Buddha... Hate to do it to you,,,,But read the "More Toga stuff" thread and its all in there..

Place to stay? Yes. Problem is....pretty certain there is no room left...

I'm 50-50 on that... I posted the Cell Number....Call me Saturday night or Sunday. I'll know for certain then.

If we can accommodate you.....we will. Make no mistake about that. We'd love to see you drop in for a couple of days...

I may be able to give you tues-and wed Night in cottage 10...

If you want.... make plans to come... I'll make plans to squeeze you in somewhere (will an airmattress on a screened in porch , be Ok?)

Call me Satruday night or Sunday...and if there is NO way I can get you in anywhere.....You'll have to make other accomodations..

I will do everything in my power to pull it off ...If we can save you a few bucks by getting you in....thats the idea. Make the trip....We're bunking down for short money...We'll quite likely eat off the Barbacue a few nights..(cheaper)....so that free's up some money for playing the Ponies or buying a nice souvineer of the trip......

If you reall want to come...Pack. Get ready.

The thursday night is the night that worrys me....The other one's I'll pull something off...

Hope to hear from you or see you soon...

SUFF

I read most of the thread. An airmattress on a porch is just fine. Hell, I would have slept in my car if need be. I am going to be there, just not sure if I am leaving Sunday night right after work, or real early Monday to make Mondays races. I will be leaving by Thursday night as I have to be back for work on Friday afternoon. Will be driving in, but will call later this week to see what you have available.

Looking forward to meeting all of you that will be around.

Jarrod

Dave Schwartz
08-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Suff,

You know, from the pictures I wouldn't be surprised if Jed, Jethro and Granny showed up. Do you s'pose there's oil 'round these parts? <G>

Just 4 more days and we'll be airborne!

Thanks again, Suff.

Dave

Suff
08-18-2003, 05:16 PM
The cottages are "Beaters" no doubt about it. And health prevents the owner from doing the grounds the way they could...

Make no mistake... these are'nt luxury...

But when I found this place...it was after years in ONE room motels at $89.00 a night with another guy....

This is a real hidden jewel for the Racing fans...

Its close enough that the track is a quick jump...

The grounds are spacious

Full Kitchen and utensils and Pans provided...

A small living room

Front porchs (extra bedroom)

Linen service...

and most importantly...what makes it so special that Barely a ONE of the motels have.. Water!!! A PRIVATE BEACH on the MIGHTY HUDSON!!

Past years...us and a group from NJ/NYC get a Campfire going down on the beach...and talk about the Days results and tommorrows card......Very hard to do that in a MOTEL!!

Trijack
08-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Dave

I'm hoping for Elly May.

Dave Schwartz
08-18-2003, 06:13 PM
Trijack,

Ain't that the truth. I wonder what Donna Douglas is doing these days?

Dave

PS: I just checked on Movie Database... Would you believe she will be 70 in September? I'm guessing that she wouldn't be quite the life of the party we were hoping for. <G>

Damn, this getting old stuff is, well,... getting old.

Trijack
08-18-2003, 07:18 PM
Dave

Never dreamed that she is older than me. In my mind still picture her as she was on the show. LOL

Dave Schwartz
08-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Trijack,

Yeah, when I looked it up on the MVDB, my wife had a friend over. I came running out and told her what I was looking up... the friend says, "Oh, I bet I look better than her."

I couldn't put up an argument.

Breaks my heart. (Specially if you saw the friend.) (Who I better hope never reads horse racing boards.)

Dave

PurplePower
08-19-2003, 03:32 PM
PA,
I'm coming in around noon on the 25th. Maxspa is to pick me up around 12:45 and we come straight to the track. Looking forward to meeting you and all the guys.
Reid -- and for the name badges Suff -- that's McLeLLan not Mclennan -- Same clan to start with, but the Mclennans, who probably ran the dress shop and tended the church grounds, didn't like fact that us McLellan's liked to bet on which rock would make it to the bottom of the hill first and they ran my ancestors out of the castle at Kirkcudbright. Just make sure non of that mclennan group gets to close. :D

doophus
08-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Trijack,

Yeah, when I looked it up on the MVDB, my wife had a friend over. I came running out and told her what I was looking up... the friend says, "Oh, I bet I look better than her."

I couldn't put up an argument.

Breaks my heart. (Specially if you saw the friend.) (Who I better hope never reads horse racing boards.)

Dave

Dave & Trijack...

I spoke with Miss Donna this morning (she lives just up the road.) She thanks all of you for your thoughtfulness, but due to her neuralgia and lumbago she sends her regrets. She further wishes all of you a great and profitable week.

George

PurplePower
08-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by doophus
....... (she lives just up the road.) George George, Where in Baton Rouge do you live. My mom still lives on the farm where I grew up in the Woodlawn area and I enjoy regular visits there.

doophus
08-19-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by PurplePower
George, Where in Baton Rouge do you live. My mom still lives on the farm where I grew up in the Woodlawn area and I enjoy regular visits there.

PurplePower:

I'm in the Shenandoah/Woodlawn area, within spitting distance of the now old Woodlawn HS. I have met your Mother years ago, and also know a brother (Richard) and a sister (Rinn). Bumped into Richard a few weeks ago, but haven't seen Rinn in a number of years. We all attended the same church at one time, before Rinn moved to NC.

Needless to say, I was stunned when I visited your web-site and found the bio and photos.

Ya'll have a great time at 'toga. Miss Donna, who lives in the Pride/Port Hudson area, would have been a good addition to the group.

George

Dave Schwartz
08-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Dooph,

Do you really know her or were you just kidding.

Dave

doophus
08-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Dooph,

Do you really know her or were you just kidding.

Dave

Dave:

Mostly truth but some kidding.

I do know her, but I chose NOT to call and invite her to accompany me to Saratoga. I figgered some of you old f*rts would have a sudden medical problem if she made an appearance. LOL

Oh, she doesn't look like Elly Mae anymore, but she is a gorgeous human being. BTW, I recently noticed that my current passport picture doesn't look much like my 1967 passport picture. What a damn shame!! LOL

Again, ya'll have a load of fun and success. If I didn't have to be in Bean Town in mid-September, I'd be there to assist with the liberal antagonism.

BOL,

George

Dave Schwartz
08-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Liberal Antagonism... Is that simply LA for short? <G>

And as for Donna Douglas, I know what you mean. We have a couple of similar situations here in Reno.

Dawn Wells (MaryAnn on Gilligan's Island), still cute as a button and a sweetheart to boot.

Toni Tenille... lovely human being.

Dave

PurplePower
08-19-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by doophus
PurplePower:

I'm in the Shenandoah/Woodlawn area, within spitting distance of the now old Woodlawn HS. I have met your Mother years ago, and also know a brother (Richard) and a sister (Rinn). Bumped into Richard a few weeks ago, but haven't seen Rinn in a number of years. We all attended the same church at one time, before Rinn moved to NC. Needless to say, I was stunned when I visited your web-site and found the bio and photos.

Ya'll have a great time at 'toga. Miss Donna, who lives in the Pride/Port Hudson area, would have been a good addition to the group. Yes, Donna would have been a good addition. Rinn left LSU and was head of Textile Department of Home Ec college at Va Tech then moved on to Florida State where she has been head of their Textile department for past 8 or so years. Richard is still mainstay at Parkview Baptist and Mom, in her young 80's still goes and helps with Wednesday night supper, Saturday night supper for CCC and teaches a Sunday School Class on Sunday. I'll next be in Baton Rouge sometime around the first of October and will see if we can make contact.

Tom
08-19-2003, 11:14 PM
Trijack,

Ain't that the truth. I wonder what Donna Douglas is doing these days?

Dave

PS: I just checked on Movie Database... Would you believe she will be 70 in September? I'm guessing that she wouldn't be quite the life of the party we were hoping for. <G>

Damn, this getting old stuff is, well,... getting old.

You never know...I hear she likes to wrestle bear! (bare?)

JustRalph
08-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Liberal Antagonism... Is that simply LA for short? <G>
And as for Donna Douglas, I know what you mean. We have a couple of similar situations here in Reno.
Dawn Wells (MaryAnn on Gilligan's Island), still cute as a button and a sweetheart to boot.
Toni Tenille... lovely human being.
Dave

Dave....Toni Tenille.......

One of my Favorites of all time! That lady could sing her pants off..............and mine too!

Very Sexy Voice! Is she still married to the Dragon man?

Dave Schwartz
08-20-2003, 12:26 AM
Ralph,

Yes, as far as I know. Understand that she runs in different circles than I do... the fund-raiser crowd, you know.

She is a real local supporter. Donates lots of time and some money. She is very popular here.

Dave

Suff
08-20-2003, 04:13 AM
I'm into Britney Spears and Christine Aguilleria......any of you old folgies heard of them.

I've been to Del-Mar, and SA and CD on Derby Day...

For some reason...Saratoga attracts beautiful women. I wanna say its close to 60-40 too. Thier is no shortage of Attractiive Women to admire...

For people with Home tracks Like me , where there are 20 guys for every guy.... You'll be bowled over at how many Pretty women are at Saratoga. Its like a Fashion show.

Tips...

Come prepared for rain and cool night tempatures. One of the first sign of the approaching winter/fall is declining tempatures at night. Would be 79 during the day and drop to 59- 60 at night. For some of you, that might mean a Light Jacket.

Bring a small umbrella if you have one....

Only from staying there..I have gotten Friendly with Ed and Helena who own Whispering Pines. Ed Called me last night and asked if he could Join me Travers Day. He's never been to this Board...has no idea what we are doing...but figures me for a good group with the 3 cottages....So for the guys Bunking down this is good news. You gotta figure after we hook Ed up on Travers Day....we'll have the run of his Joint , for the rest of the week......lol

Storm Cadet
08-20-2003, 06:39 AM
Hey Suff,

What was that quote ...20 guys for every GUY...what type of track do you go to??? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

have a good time at Saratoga...if I can sneak a day off, I'll call you and we can go to the backstretch barn area and watch morning workouts, gate schooling and take you to see my trainers barns and take some pix with my new horse!!!

:D :D

Suff
08-21-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
Hey Suff,

What was that quote ...20 guys for every GUY...what type of track do you go to??? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Its an old nightclub Line. When your young or old...when you go out, you want to go where the "Hotties" go...

If you asked a Friend how a particular club was and he replied

"there was 20 guys for every guy"...

It implied.....the secrets out...all the skirt chasers discovered the place and the competition is plentiful.....try another place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No big deal... but not insignificant either. The only thing that went South as far as the trip....were my RED SOX.

They lost again last night. I have to realistically conceded the division to the Yankees. And that hurts.

I just want everyone to be aware.....I can take some good natured ribbing.... I really can... But out and out assualts on the RED SOX are tough for me to swallow...

So...do me a favor. Go easy on the RED SOX. 1 or 2 or even 3 little stingers I can take. If someone rides me all day about the RED SOX...I'll take it to serious and start lighting things on Fire and throwing food, and tipping over tables and so forth.....

and this is even WHEN I am taking my medication.

Seriously.... I'm devastated at our recent play and posistion in the standings. Sucks...BIG TIME!

Suff
08-21-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
Hey Suff,

Ever been to a Ghetto Track? Haileigh was beautiful but you needed a GUN to get there...

Suffolk is in ...well lets just say.....Multi-language skills would be a great help in Suffolks Neighborhood......Tough area.

The tracks a Ghost town.....I'll be gracious and say that if Suffolk Draws 2500 people.....100 are women...and 25 of them work there. Suffolks a Ghetto...

You got your old folgie horse players....surrounded by Cab Drivers, Homeless people, Gangsters, Hoodlums and wannabe Gansters and Hoodlums...General nuisances and all arouind mis-fits round out the Crowd.

Saratoga is like the CAT WALK at a Manhattan SUPER MODEL show next to Suffolk....

Suffolk is a Depressing place to play the Horses. Its built to hold 30,000 people.....So what do you think its like with 1200 people there on a Tuesday Afternoon?

John
08-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Your right Suff, Once someone said, There use to be a ball park right there. Well Suffolk Downs. Is going the way of the Ball Parks.
But, listen A good group of money people [ some conected with racing ] don't want Rockingham. to many strings attached. these guy are talking about building a new track some where in New England.....I will know more in a month or two.....

Suff
08-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Travers Weather...

78 - 80 degrees....Sunnny... No clouds...No humidity.

12 race card.....best in the biz to be sure.........

We're off to a good start.

(boston today.....93, not a cloud in the sky, Low humidity)

Its summer.....lets go play.

John
08-21-2003, 03:41 PM
"The August Place To Be",

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Suff Or PA

If you read this before 1:30 pacific

check your private messages, it's TV related

Ralph

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 03:59 PM
If you have TVG, run your VCR's around 2-4p (probably closer to 2:30p or near the last race from SAR) for some PA stuff.

Suff
08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
I talked to Mike.....A Combination of him being unavailable and thier interest in the Getaway trip.....he asked me to do it.

JustRalph
08-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Nice Job Suff!

That went very well. I was very impressed. Great Job!

Suff
08-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Even though the "Handicapping Software" Forum just underwent WWIII, with that Software Contest Thread.

Did you hear me give them a Plug,,,,when I said "we have a Nice Handicapping software Forum as well....

I Shoulda made a commission deal with Rmania for the PLUG.

It was great!! Its all part of the fun....and its just getting going!!!...and I've had so many laughs already...and theres one for the memories.....A little interview on TVG.

In my little corner of the world......for another BOZO on the BUS like me , its was great. I loved it.

I picked a 30-1 shot out of the 7 hole that ran 4th....4 back of a tight 3 way finish, and 3 clear of the 5th horse. 3rd woulda been better,,,,to get him on the ticket....He got a of couple of late calls and outran his odds anyway.

Just Ralph was the Facilitator of it....and its not the First nice thing Ralph has done for me and for others out here. He's got a great spirit and always looking for ways to help people...Great natured man.

Thanks Ralph......I'm bringing back a nice piece of T-bred memorabilia from Saratoga for you.....

mudcat
08-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey suff great job, I watched it all , The 7 went to wide or she would have gotten 3rd, He or she? what ever. Good plug for pace, Should have plenty of new horse players on here,

Suff
08-21-2003, 06:41 PM
Wires from around the Globe are pouring in with accolades , and congratulatory telegrams. Phone calls.

Emporer Of China rang me up... .....wants a "sit down" with me.

ChinaTown ! Next time he's in Boston.

I Told him I know this great Place....$75.00 Peking Duck and a Hooker on the third floor for desert.

Intelligence reports out of Iraq are saying a CUT of my interview is circulating as the next Saddam Hussien Speech.

The effects are Gobal in scale..............

andicap
08-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey, Sufferin,

've been trying to reach you about Friday night....

Suff
08-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Hey, Sufferin,

've been trying to reach you about Friday night....

I'm a little behind...I'm out of action Friday Night.. I'll be in Boston with 2 from Logan. I'm getting into Albany Friday Night Late..

But Trijack and BillW are getting in a little earlier than me...They have a loose plan to try and have a beer or cold drink at the Albany Unlimited across from the Airport...late Friday Night..

If you hook up with them.....Friday nights an option to meet...

Saturday is the Day where a the large group will congragate..

Its up to you...if you want to try and meet Jack or Bill...

I'm at the Hotel AWAKE 6 am...out the door at 8-8:30 after a few Good morning Hellos at breakfast//

Then I'm and who ever wants is going to WP's to pick up ED,,,and hopefully unload quickly.....

Then leave there at 10:30 ish....Get to the track and in the FESTIVAL TENT AT 11:15 11:30 at the latest....

Use the cell now...I 'm looking to do this quickly via voice now..

I can't reply to all teh mail I get right now....

Suff
08-22-2003, 08:17 AM
WE DID IT!!

Its GO time.

After 3 pm today....USE CELL!!

617-416-4905.........

Back Sept 2nd

I'm around the computer off and on....I'm checking it for the last time at 6pm tonight... After that....see ya when i see ya.

Trijack
08-22-2003, 08:21 AM
Andicap or anyone that is going to be at the Ramada or closeby

Billw is getting to the Ramada about 4pm, my plane is landing at 9pm, should be there at least by 10pm. Leaving for the John Wayne Airport in about 30 minute. It is 5:20AM Ca time. I have a 3 hr stopover in Philly. That is why it is taking me so long to get there.

cj
08-22-2003, 08:23 AM
See ya Thursday night suff, I'll give you a call this weekend!

stuball
08-22-2003, 09:53 AM
I want to wish everyone all the good luck I can wish on your get together at Saratoga....Even though I think you guys are the luckiest in the world to be able to attend this fabulous setup.

Suff deserves many heartfelt thanks for setting up something as great as this..I would be there but contracting my new home demands that I be here and available for any last minute decisions and problems that come up...I am so jealous and green with envy and intend to attend next year if this opportunity comes up again...

I will be watching via TVG so don't forget to wave......Suff have the camera man pan over the group...when TVG has the signal..
I so wish I could be there....Have a good time...

Stuball

stuball
08-22-2003, 09:56 AM
By the way Suff did you get enuff guys for the T-shirts...if you did I would like one (large if possible----otherwise an xlarge will do I want it to start my collection....let me know later so I can send you the money....Thanks

Stuball

Dennis-MW
08-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Hi Guys-
Have a GREAT TIME!!!!
Enjoy and hit a few of those boxcars!

Tremendous job getting this all together Sufferin you deserve the highest commendation!

Dennis(got the number in case I make it up there for a day or 2)

CumberlandBluesHSH
08-22-2003, 03:27 PM
lookin' forward to this. I'll be down Tuesday eve - be fun to meet you guys.

BillW
08-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Great job on the interview, and the recording, guys. It's sunny, warm/hot and a bit humid in Albany now (mmmm I think I just got a wiff of the barn area :)). Expecting a short passage of the front later tonite and some cooler weather. Good internet coverage here at the Ramada. Ahhh all is well!

Bill

Tom
08-22-2003, 08:54 PM
I envy you guys this weekend.
Can't wait until Thursday-planning to drive down about 7am so I can get there by 11am latest. Go to have time fo a bowl of chowder before the races.
Freind of mine was there the other day - he said the took out the old humongous chalk board and put in a state-of-the-art digital board that rivals anyting in Vegas. Can't wait to see that.
Anyone want me to bring back some SPA water (hehehe)