PDA

View Full Version : richard perloff

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 02:02 AM
all day yesterday richard perloff was talking about the minus pool at monmouth on the rachel alexandra race. he said he bets against "bridgejumpers" no matter who the horse is. he made fun of bridgejumpers yesterday and monmouth at the same time. you see the minus pool for the race was well above $1 million. monmouth knew they were going to have a minus pool that size. but yet that was their way of saying thanks to all to horseplayers that have been playing monmouth all year. so they lost $50k on the race, but it gave them great pr that they couldn't get anywhere else. any horseplayer that didn't bet rachel to show don't deserve to have money in my opinion yesterday. it was a give away. and if you bet against her it was alright too. but please don't make a mockery of one of the greats in the sport like perloff did yesterday. he took the low road in this matter like he usually does.

Rialto
07-25-2010, 02:14 AM
at my OTB they charge 5% on all wagers so atleast in my case I wouldnt have been able to win anythng with a show... on the win wager i would have had to split my pr0fit with them.... betting 1000 to win 50 doesnt quite seem worth it

baconswitchfarm
07-25-2010, 02:16 AM
The location that takes each bet eats the minus. It didn't cost the host track anywhere near 50k since it was bet mostly at other locations.

redshift1
07-25-2010, 03:31 AM
all day yesterday richard perloff was talking about the minus pool at monmouth on the rachel alexandra race. he said he bets against "bridgejumpers" no matter who the horse is. he made fun of bridgejumpers yesterday and monmouth at the same time. you see the minus pool for the race was well above $1 million. monmouth knew they were going to have a minus pool that size. but yet that was their way of saying thanks to all to horseplayers that have been playing monmouth all year. so they lost $50k on the race, but it gave them great pr that they couldn't get anywhere else. any horseplayer that didn't bet rachel to show don't deserve to have money in my opinion yesterday. it was a give away. and if you bet against her it was alright too. but please don't make a mockery of one of the greats in the sport like perloff did yesterday. he took the low road in this matter like he usually does.

He takes e-mails on Monday and Tuesday mornings at TVG let him know. He usually eschews snarkery.

larman
07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Mr.Perloff is an outstanding handicapper who is strongly against
bridgejumping.He takes this stand no matter who the horse is.
Watch him on Monday and Tuesday on TVG, Im sure you will agree.

llegend39
07-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Mr.Perloff is an outstanding handicapper who is strongly against
bridgejumping.He takes this stand no matter who the horse is.
Watch him on Monday and Tuesday on TVG, Im sure you will agree.

I purposely tune out Mon/Tuesday because of him He's arrogant and ignorant towards email-ers who disagree with him His tool box stinks and he is a pedigree putz Typical lawyer mentality,always on the offensive

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 07:56 AM
rachel alexandra had about a zero probability of running out yesterday. she had 3 possible ways of not appearing on the show hole.

1. jockey fall off

2. disqualification

3. break down

all three factors are very negetive, and for a guy to root for this to happen that is a representative for the game smells to me.

phatbastard
07-25-2010, 07:57 AM
rich is only guy on TVG I watch.....he promotes well and tries to encourage newbies, which SHOULD be tvg's mission..it seems to me that the folks who @ times get his dander up, are trolls who get their pleasure from raising his ire.

if he likes to play against the jumpers, i can't criticize the play. i dare say, that $$$ is to be made for a light investment with little capping skills,

peakpros
07-25-2010, 09:11 AM
rachel alexandra had about a zero probability of running out yesterday. she had 3 possible ways of not appearing on the show hole.

1. jockey fall off

2. disqualification

3. break down

all three factors are very negetive, and for a guy to root for this to happen that is a representative for the game smells to me.

Horseracing is based on the parimutual system. IMO its wrong to think he shouldn't root against these betters.

He is entitled to try to make money any way he can in the system and to root accordingly.

Also,

Speaking of PR....monmouth is taking some heat for running yesterday. So the PR is not all good right now. Minus pool or not.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 09:16 AM
rich is only guy on TVG I watch.....he promotes well and tries to encourage newbies, which SHOULD be tvg's mission..it seems to me that the folks who @ times get his dander up, are trolls who get their pleasure from raising his ire.

if he likes to play against the jumpers, i can't criticize the play. i dare say, that $$$ is to be made for a light investment with little capping skills,
I happen to think that all the announcers/handicappers on both TVG and HRTV do a great job. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of Rich. He has a tough show to do on these two days. His attitude on Tuesday is part of the shows make-up and at times it is funny, especially when a red-boarder emails him.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Speaking of PR....monmouth is taking some heat for running yesterday. So the PR is not all good right now. Minus pool or not.

Due to the heat? 13000 people attended the races with a 10.4m handle. Rachel put on a good show for those who attended.

cj
07-25-2010, 09:24 AM

Due to the heat? 13000 people attended the races with a 10.4m handle. Rachel put on a good show for those who attended.

Do you actually believe that figure, 13,000? It sure looked very empty to me.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 09:53 AM
I asked that question yesterday and i was told that the picnic area was at 100% capacity and there were several private parties in the tents going on. The simulcast theatre was packed and so was the air conditioned theatre on the 2nd level. The only days it really looked packed was opening day and Fathers day. I am sure if it was an overcast or cooler day there would have been in upwards of 18k there.

peakpros
07-25-2010, 09:55 AM

No way 13000. Number was inflated due to the spinners getting the t-shirts for ebay.

peakpros
07-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Yes...Due to the heat. W/o Rachel there is no way they run yesterday.

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 10:08 AM
take away the minus poot on rachel, #1.3 million, and you barely have $9 million for a 12 race card with a great drawing card. not good at all heat or no heat.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes...Due to the heat. W/o Rachel there is no way they run yesterday.
Agree.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
take away the minus poot on rachel, #1.3 million, and you barely have $9 million for a 12 race card with a great drawing card. not good at all heat or no heat.
Haskell day will bring in a huge crowd, thus far the weather looks perfect mid 80's low humidity and only a 10% chance of rain!

Rutgers
07-25-2010, 10:45 AM
On Steve Christ blog at drf.com

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/

in the comment section for is 07/24/2010 there is a comment by ralphconte that says on 4NJbets.com (which is owned in part by the NJSEA the owner/operator of MP) a bettor couldn't make just a show bet on The Lady's Secret, you also had to make a win and/or place bet. If this is true, that would limit their bottom line exposure with a minus pool especially if the same requirement was on track as well.

Canarsie
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
On Steve Christ blog at drf.com

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/

in the comment section for is 07/24/2010 there is a comment by ralphconte that says on 4NJbets.com (which is owned in part by the NJSEA the owner/operator of MP) a bettor couldn't make just a show bet on The Lady's Secret, you also had to make a win and/or place bet. If this is true, that would limit their bottom line exposure with a minus pool especially if the same requirement was on track as well.

I know on NJbets, M1, or Monmouth when I try to make a stand against a bridge jumper more often then not there is no show wagering. This is at tracks all over the country so that scenario is entirely possible.

I like Perloff a lot. It's his money he can play any way he wants. Once again I would love to see a clip of him EVER saying follow ME.

Robert Fischer
07-25-2010, 12:03 PM

wouldn't it be take away 50K for the minus pool? , and then be an 11 race card without a drawing card, during opening weekend @SPA ?

Marshall Bennett
07-25-2010, 12:14 PM

1. jockey fall off

2. disqualification

3. break down

So everyone that bets against bridge-jumpers is guilty as well ? Sounds that way according to your analogy .

therussmeister
07-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Based only on this post (I don't watch TVG), I don't see how he made a mockery of one of the greats in this sport. Unless you think bridgejumpers are one of the greats in this sport.

cj
07-25-2010, 02:11 PM
No way 13000. Number was inflated due to the spinners getting the t-shirts for ebay.

That makes sense. Picnic area packed or not, there is no way there were 13k there.

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Based only on this post (I don't watch TVG), I don't see how he made a mockery of one of the greats in this sport. Unless you think bridgejumpers are one of the greats in this sport.
mr. perloff's job is to promote the sport. if something bad happened to rachel alexandra inorder to profit from it, i think its bad. i have no problem betting against the money, just a problem promoting and talking about all day. maybe its me, it just doesn't sit right from where its coming from. i have no problem with anyone betting against the money either.

exiles
07-25-2010, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Rialto]at my OTB they charge 5% on all wagers

And you still bet your money at this OTB.

kenwoodall2
07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
"he said he bets against "bridgejumpers" no matter who the horse is."
Did anybody miss this? SO RA did not have heat exhaustion, did not stumble, lose a shoe, drink too much water pre-race, or have another horse clip heels; RP bets based on the known fact (as posted on PA forums) that bridgejumping loses overall, and bets the same way on this type bet. What is wrong with blanket betting the percentages? That is IMHO the best way to win the races.

WJ47
07-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I like to occasionally bet against bridge jumpers. I can only remember making a good profit once when I collected a $80 show bet. Most of the time the big favorite runs their race and I collect my 2.10 or lose my 2.00. When I bet against a bridge jumper, I don't hope anything bad happens to the horse. It would devastate me if it did. But I do see incidents happen all the time; I wagered an exacta at Saratoga with Bail out the Cat today and Alan Garcia lost his irons due to the horse jumping at the start. I thought that Bail Out the Cat had a great chance to win, but he finished out of the money because of the incident. No one was hurt; just things happen in racing so I figure that I may as well take a chance.

I put my $2.00 show bet in on the #2 horse in the Lady's Secret, but I rooted for Rachel Alexandria to win and I was thrilled with the result. I love to watch a great champion!

Rich Perloff is my absolute favorite TVG announcer. I love the Monday and Tuesday shows. I wish they would give him more air time. I think he has strong opinions and I find that very entertaining.

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 09:30 PM
I like to occasionally bet against bridge jumpers. I can only remember making a good profit once when I collected a $80 show bet. Most of the time the big favorite runs their race and I collect my 2.10 or lose my 2.00. When I bet against a bridge jumper, I don't hope anything bad happens to the horse. It would devastate me if it did. But I do see incidents happen all the time; I wagered an exacta at Saratoga with Bail out the Cat today and Alan Garcia lost his irons due to the horse jumping at the start. I thought that Bail Out the Cat had a great chance to win, but he finished out of the money because of the incident. No one was hurt; just things happen in racing so I figure that I may as well take a chance.

I put my $2.00 show bet in on the #2 horse in the Lady's Secret, but I rooted for Rachel Alexandria to win and I was thrilled with the result. I love to watch a great champion!

Rich Perloff is my absolute favorite TVG announcer. I love the Monday and Tuesday shows. I wish they would give him more air time. I think he has strong opinions and I find that very entertaining.my favorite man on TVG is frank lyons. he knows and understands the game, and doesn't like synthetic surface. my favorite gal is donna barton brothers. she also knows the game very well and is well liked in the horse community in kentucky.

my least favorited guy on TVG is richard perloff. he is arogant, and has very limited knowledge of the thoroughbred racing or betting game. but he does pretend to know it like no other on the station. i understand how someone that is knew to the game or doesn't know that much about it would like perloff, because he does sound good. its all not going matter to much longer anyway, i doubt that TVG will be around 3 years from now any way. and i do like the job they have done throughout the last decade. they have kept this game alive and have not let it fall further. they are to be commended for their efforts. but i don't see them around because dish network is a better product than they are, and they are going to lose their exclusives soon, just like they lost NYRA. and they have a fierce competetor in churchill downs that has just merged with the hertz of the adw business UBET. so if you like listening to richard perloff rant about his anti bridgjumping campagn, and you enjoy his form of bridgjumping betting alls in pick 3's and pick 4's, enjoy him while they are still around. by the way, betting alls in gimmicks on a constant basis is not handicapping, its bridgjumping in case perloff doesn't know this, and its often alot worse because you can win your bet and still lose money doing it

big frank
07-25-2010, 09:52 PM
all day yesterday richard perloff was talking about the minus pool at monmouth on the rachel alexandra race. he said he bets against "bridgejumpers" no matter who the horse is. he made fun of bridgejumpers yesterday and monmouth at the same time. you see the minus pool for the race was well above $1 million. monmouth knew they were going to have a minus pool that size. but yet that was their way of saying thanks to all to horseplayers that have been playing monmouth all year. so they lost $50k on the race, but it gave them great pr that they couldn't get anywhere else. any horseplayer that didn't bet rachel to show don't deserve to have money in my opinion yesterday. it was a give away. and if you bet against her it was alright too. but please don't make a mockery of one of the greats in the sport like perloff did yesterday. he took the low road in this matter like he usually does. Any player that didn't bet Rachel to show doesn't deserve to have money ? I also think Perloff is a moron ,,, but you have to be out of your mind to bet on a bridgejumper on ANY horse !!! Is 2.10 worth it ? if you know anything you know bridgejumping is wrong

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Any player that didn't bet Rachel to show doesn't deserve to have money ? I also think Perloff is a moron ,,, but you have to be out of your mind to bet on a bridgejumper on ANY horse !!! Is 2.10 worth it ? if you know anything you know bridgejumping is wrong
barring an unforseen incident, the true odds on rachel alexandra in the show whole yesterday in that field was something like 1 in 500. stick in the unforseen, and its something like 1 in 75. so if you do it 75 times you should win 74 and lose once. if my assumption is correct that is a pretty strong profit for the risk. when you go into a bank they give you maybe 3% for a whole year and you don't rally know what your money will be worth in a year. if my assumtion is correct, and you bet $1000 a race for the whole 75 races, you collect $3700 and lose $1000 for a profit of $2700. i must say that you better be good at it though because lately i see alot more blowups than i did 20 years ago. that is probably due to hedging bets. personally i bet on and against bridgjumping. for the record i had no bet on rachel yesterday.

horses4courses
07-25-2010, 10:16 PM
barring an unforseen incident, the true odds on rachel alexandra in the show whole yesterday in that field was something like 1 in 500. stick in the unforseen, and its something like 1 in 75. so if you do it 75 times you should win 74 and lose once. if my assumption is correct that is a pretty strong profit for the risk. when you go into a bank they give you maybe 3% for a whole year and you don't rally know what your money will be worth in a year. if my assumtion is correct, and you bet $1000 a race for the whole 75 races, you collect $3700 and lose $1000 for a profit of $2700. i must say that you better be good at it though because lately i see alot more blowups than i did 20 years ago. that is probably due to hedging bets. personally i bet on and against bridgjumping. for the record i had no bet on rachel yesterday.

I agree that it doesn't always make sense to bet against the jumpers.
Class has alot to do with it. Rachel was not going to miss the show hole yesterday unless she got hurt during the race, or something was not right with her to begin with (highly unlikely).

There are plenty of opportunities to bet into minus show pools.
The cheaper the horses, the easier it is for the jumpers to fail.

The problem for the jumpers, and the edge they give to those who play against them, is that they "go to the well" too often.

At a 2.10 return, they only break even hitting 19 out of 20 plays.
Their returns go up when tracks pay a 2.20 minimum, but they still can't afford more than a few slip ups.

Overall, it's a sound play betting against the jumpers.
Pick your spots, though..........

lamboguy
07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree that it doesn't always make sense to bet against the jumpers.
Class has alot to do with it. Rachel was not going to miss the show hole yesterday unless she got hurt during the race, or something was not right with her to begin with (highly unlikely).

There are plenty of opportunities to bet into minus show pools.
The cheaper the horses, the easier it is for the jumpers to fail.

The problem for the jumpers, and the edge they give to those who play against them, is that they "go to the well" too often.

At a 2.10 return, they only break even hitting 19 out of 20 plays.
Their returns go up when tracks pay a 2.20 minimum, but they still can't afford more than a few slip ups.

Overall, it's a sound play betting against the jumpers.
Pick your spots, though..........i would say that you basically have that right. its all about the class of the horse, the trainer sending the horse out, the track conditon, and the expected pace of the race, the unforseeen is uncappable. going against bridgejumpers with certain pace scenarios is probably the best bet in all of horseracing. the way the pools are today you have a bunch of bad bridgejumpers in the pools today

Lasix67
07-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I think Rich is very informative about the game and angles

BombsAway Bob
07-26-2010, 01:57 AM
:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :blush: :faint: i am waiting for someone to point out two of
the most ironic comments in a thread, posted by the same
person, in the HISTORY of the internet... it's.. it's..
JUST INCREDIBLE! :faint: :blush: :rolleyes: :( :confused:

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 02:34 AM
I think Rich is very informative about the game and angles
we should keep a record of all his pick 3 and pick 4 plays and see if they lose more than the takeout rate in a period of time, this way the numbers will tell us how informative he is.

redshift1
07-26-2010, 03:16 AM
:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :blush: :faint: i am waiting for someone to point out two of
JUST INCREDIBLE! :faint: :blush: :rolleyes: :( :confused:

You mean the guy with the voodoo statistics

Stillriledup
07-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Someone e mail rich and tell him to sign up for PA and respond to this thread. That would be nice.

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 06:21 AM
JUST INCREDIBLE! :faint: :blush: :rolleyes: :( :confused:sorry for my rant, perloff simply annoys me to no end. and the deal about bridgejumping befrore a big race with rachel really got to me.

to give perloff some credit, about 6 months ago he took up the cause about possible after the bell betting. he went at it for about 2 weeks and then dropped the subject, probably because he was told to do so.

anyone that has listened to tvg really appreciates the wealth of information that you present to them on an ongoing basis. thank you very much

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Someone e mail rich and tell him to sign up for PA and respond to this thread. That would be nice.

He reads PA don't know if he's a member.

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
we should keep a record of all his pick 3 and pick 4 plays and see if they lose more than the takeout rate in a period of time, this way the numbers will tell us how informative he is.

Isn't "we" being lazy? Since you have presented all these fact I nominate "you" to do the job.

It is obvious that you watch him so this shouldn't present a problem. How about head to head? We'll give you both mythical bankrolls for Monday and Tuesdays and see how you make out. Might have to wait till the Spa ends don't know what they plan to do.

While I completely disagree with him on takeout to me it's an enjoyable show. I bet if there was a poll he would place in the top 3 on TVG easy. But I also agree with you on the P3 or P4 that's not my game.

Since you work for youbet do you get a cut if someone bets 10 grand on a bridgjumper? Just curious it would explain the "hatred" towards him.

Oh one more thing even though we disagree a lot I like your posts they make for good banter. :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Isn't "we" being lazy? Since you have presented all these fact I nominate "you" to do the job.

It is obvious that you watch him so this shouldn't present a problem. How about head to head? We'll give you both mythical bankrolls for Monday and Tuesdays and see how you make out. Might have to wait till the Spa ends don't know what they plan to do.

While I completely disagree with him on takeout to me it's an enjoyable show. I bet if there was a poll he would place in the top 3 on TVG easy. But I also agree with you on the P3 or P4 that's not my game.

Since you work for youbet do you get a cut if someone bets 10 grand on a bridgjumper? Just curious it would explain the "hatred" towards him.

Oh one more thing even though we disagree a lot I like your posts they make for good banter. :ThmbUp:
i work for UBET, but my main business is buying horses and either racing or hopefully selling them. UBET does not take more than $500 to show and any bet unless you are aproved for it. i never bet more than $500. i have no hatred for perloff. his job is to entertain you for the length of time that he is on television. part of his job is to promote gambling on horses, mainly pick3 and pick 4 because they have a higher rate of retention or hold for any adw including TVG. when you give out tickets for philadelphia park with a takeout of 30% TVG makes over 20% of the bet. they are not interested in anyone bridgejumping because they actually lose money on those bets. that is probably the reason behind his crusade against bridgejumpers. i have noticed that others on TVG are telling you how bad a wager that is. this deal did not sit well with me right before the RACHEL race, it looked like TVG was afraid of losing to much money on those bets and tried to convince you how bad it was. i am just happy that RACHEL ran a great race and is here today to try to attempt another great race in the future.

as far as keeping track of perloff tickets, i have just stopped watching TVG, i now have dish network as of today for real time horse racing as apposed to delayed on TVG.

i want to thank TVG for the fine job they have done in the last decade, and i wish them well

JustRalph
07-26-2010, 01:31 PM
I would vote for Perloff as the only person on TVG that I miss...........

I ended my relationship with TVG .........about 6 mths ago after 9 yrs of viewing. I just found out I can get them added to my cable plan for a small fee. but who needs it with a good cable connection

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
I would vote for Perloff as the only person on TVG that I miss...........

I ended my relationship with TVG .........about 6 mths ago after 9 yrs of viewing. I just found out I can get them added to my cable plan for a small fee. but who needs it with a good cable connectionyou might be picking the best out of a poor lot to start out with. but frank lyons and donna barton are both pretty good.they are both hardly on their network though.

pandy
07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Perloff has pointed out that you can make a nice profit betting against bridgejumpers and he has proven it over and over again with HUGE place and show payoffs.

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 02:30 PM
you might be picking the best out of a poor lot to start out with. but frank lyons and donna barton are both pretty good.they are both hardly on their network though.

I will say this different strokes for different folks. Once on the job we asked all the guys if they could sleep with one lady who would it be. I was totally surprised at how many got votes and none got more then 3 from over 30 people. Your entitled to your choice of people you like. I prefer Jill Byrne to Donna Barton-Brothers even though she is quite good.

I'm surprised you didn't go after Todd Schrupp who promotes $50 doubles or Ken Rudolph who says the 10 leaves from the second tier at the Meadowlands. :lol:

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Perloff has pointed out that you can make a nice profit betting against bridgejumpers and he has proven it over and over again with HUGE place and show payoffs.
you can profit on occaison, add up all the totals of all the minus pool races and play against them with every other horse in the race and i guarantee you that you lose more than the takeout rate at the track. when perloff gave out his anti bridgjump, they were only on selected races. i no longer watch tvg, but today a friend of mine called me after the sulfolk 2nd and third race, in the wnd the horse had $18k to show on it, and in the 3rd the horse had $32k to show on it. both cashed, and perloff didn't mutter one word about either one of them.

toetoe
07-26-2010, 02:55 PM
... any horseplayer that didn't bet rachel to show don't deserve to have money in my opinion yesterday.

Just an incontrovertibly, low-falutin' example of Pseudoenglish, and spouting such an overbearingly preposterous tenet to boot. It's not like you, Lamb O'God. Sounds more like sump'm Keir Yale Asahn would come up with.

Don't wanna see you dyin' on the O-vine, so yer gettin' a mulligan, ya hear ? :) .

toetoe
07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
He usually eschews snarkery.

I tried that once. Missed three weeks of school. Scared the daylights out of my folks. Not :cool: , man.

toetoe
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
mr. perloff's job is to promote the sport.

Not necessarily. I sure don't want to be promoted to. In fact, just show me the program, show me the race, show me the results. Play some Muzak in between, and I'll be happy.

castaway01
07-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I think Perloff is pretty sharp. Yet, he can get snippy when he gets rude emails, but a lot of people are idiots and deserve to get snipped at.

toetoe
07-26-2010, 03:04 PM
known fact (as posted on PA forums) that bridgejumping loses overall

I betcha antibridgejumping loses overall, too. Well known, posted or unposted --- does it win overall ? In other words, do we have part of a considered strategy here, or a losing method that feels great when it cashes ?

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Not necessarily. I sure don't want to be promoted to. In fact, just show me the program, show me the race, show me the results. Play some Muzak in between, and I'll be happy.
that would have been a great idea for the station. just show the races, place an add saying where you can bet, and play the music, which is what they used to do on monday's and tuesdays berfore the perloff deal.

a friend of mine just told me another brilliant statement out of his mouth. he just said that trainer john rigaterre has just RECENTLY become proficient in winning maiden races in sulfolk dows. i wonder what he thinks about his lifetime record of winning over 500 maiden races that i happen to know of pretty well, and that he has probably been the leading trainer in maiden wins in the 75 year history of sulfolk downs.

toetoe
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I prefer Jill Byrne to Donna Barton-Brothers

Gimme Donna. She likes to spoon, whereas Jill knocks the pillows to the floor and takes all the covers. And you don't like the Brothers now ? Hmm ... :p .

bigmack
07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Just an incontrovertibly, low-falutin' example of Pseudoenglish, and spouting such an overbearingly preposterous tenet to boot. It's not like you, Lamb O'God. Sounds more like sump'm Keir Yale Asahn would come up with.

Don't wanna see you dyin' on the O-vine, so yer gettin' a mulligan, ya hear ? :) .
Generous, you is with L'Mulligan. Given the drastic errancy of that jumbalaya makes it a once in a lifetime Mully. Ain't no mo'. :eek:

lamboguy
07-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I betcha antibridgejumping loses overall, too. Well known, posted or unposted --- does it win overall ? In other words, do we have part of a considered strategy here, or a losing method that feels great when it cashes ?
bridgejumping loses over all these days, and i don't have the answer why. years ago it was a winning proposition. i bridgejum and make money at it, i also go against the bridgejump probably about once every 4 times that there is an event. i caught one today in the river downs 7th race. i played 3 horses and 2 of them hit the board, i had $20 on all three.

RaceBookJoe
07-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I think Perloff is pretty sharp. Yet, he can get snippy when he gets rude emails, but a lot of people are idiots and deserve to get snipped at.

I believe he had the early P4 at 'Toga. rbj

toetoe
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Generous, you is with L'Mulligan. Given the drastic errancy of that jumbalaya makes it a once in a lifetime Mully. Ain't no mo'. :eek:

Yes, mulling it over as we speak. In fact, it must feel like a jeroboam --- nay, a carboy of cider, so persistent is all the d@mn mullin' goin' on. It ain't right, I tell ya.

Next time, stroke and distance, y'hear ?

Yours,

Magnum, P.I.

Stillriledup
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
He reads PA don't know if he's a member.

And, he doesn't post because.........

He's too good for us?

kenwoodall2
07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Blanket= betting every race that has $100k+ larger than normal, but betting the best probable alternative ITm horses. Any bet I suppose where there is a rebate makes for a better ROI, but we are talking about the BJ's tote sucess vs your show selection.

Canarsie
07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
And, he doesn't post because.........

He's too good for us?

Dunno look at our two names who are we? :eek:

Stillriledup
07-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Dunno look at our two names who are we? :eek:

Experts? :lol:

cnollfan
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
One plus for the anti-bridgejumping crowd that has not been mentioned in this thread is net pool pricing. I have read several explanations of how it works and still don't have the foggiest, but the result is that the other horses that finish in the money with the bridgejumper's horse pay more than the $2.10 they used to.

In Rachel's race, for instance, Queen Martha finished second. She was the second favorite but paid $2.40 to show. Ask The Moon, who finished third, paid $3.80 to show.

Say that a dyed-in-the-wool anti-bridgejumper was to bet $2 show on everybody except Rachel. That would be a $12 investment, which in the old days would have returned $4.20 but on Saturday returned $6.20. This is a significant difference, especially since the swing-for-the-fences return should disaster strike is about the same with or without net-pool pricing.

Stillriledup
06-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Mark Casse has been in the game a very long time and Perloff doesnt know how to pronounce his name.

This would be like Marv Albert mispronouncing Patrick Ewing.

PaceAdvantage
06-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Mark Casse has been in the game a very long time and Perloff doesnt know how to pronounce his name.

This would be like Marv Albert mispronouncing Patrick Ewing.Or someone spelling it D. Wayne Lucas.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1100213&highlight=Lucas#post1100213

Stillriledup
06-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Or someone spelling it D. Wayne Lucas.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1100213&highlight=Lucas#post1100213

:jump: :D

The difference is that i'm not paid by a company to pronounce names correctly or even spell correctly....so, that means i can spell or pronounce any way i want.

Know what i'm sayin holmes? :p

PaceAdvantage
06-25-2011, 09:43 PM
:jump: :D

The difference is that i'm not paid by a company to pronounce names correctly or even spell correctly....so, that means i can spell or pronounce any way i want.

Know what i'm sayin holmes? :pIgnorance is never a pretty site, no matter the stage.

turninforhome10
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Just talked to my good friend Tee-Red Bernis, a man who is a legend from where I stand, Jockey, trainer, he did it all and very well. Well I called to thank him for tipping me to Steve Hobby's maiden Flight Cadet (2nd at Delaware on 6/27) and the first thing he asked me for was TVG's phone number so he could call and give them hell about the poor job Perloff does as a announcer. Now Red very seldom gets aggravated to the point of a phone call, but he wants this guy fired now. Says he rambles, misses races and can't handicap to save his life. I do not watch TVG, is Red on the know here, is Perloff that bad?

duncan04
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Thats the norm for mondays and Tuesdays on TVG. No matter who hosts

Zippy Chippy
06-28-2011, 08:04 PM

This would be like Marv Albert mispronouncing Patrick Ewing.

Rich perloff read an email last year and it asked why rich pronounces the trainers last name Dutrow (like doo-tro) with emphasis on the 2nd syllable. Perloff was pissed and went on a mini rant saying he knows Dutrow personally and that's how he likes it pronounced and pretty much yelled at the emailer.

Tom
06-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I think he is pretty good.
I listen in my car at lunchtime, and I think he gives the novice bettors some good, basic information about handicapping. He seems to be more interested in talking handicapping than the airhead talk you get on weekends. :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I think he is pretty good.
I listen in my car at lunchtime, and I think he gives the novice bettors some good, basic information about handicapping. He seems to be more interested in talking handicapping than the airhead talk you get on weekends. :rolleyes:

Spot on again, Tom! :ThmbUp:

Shelby
06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I respect Rich Perloff.

I don't keep track with a chart or anything, but his picks are usually spot on. AND, what I like most about him is that he gives reasons as to why he picks certain horses and why he picks against certain horses.

I really enjoy him in the handicapsule thing on slow days because I learn a lot.

Stillriledup
06-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Rich perloff read an email last year and it asked why rich pronounces the trainers last name Dutrow (like doo-tro) with emphasis on the 2nd syllable. Perloff was pissed and went on a mini rant saying he knows Dutrow personally and that's how he likes it pronounced and pretty much yelled at the emailer.

Maybe Mark Casse (one syllable) wants his name pronounced that way instead of two. (cass- see)

Maybe i'll e mail Rich when he' sin the handicapsule and ask him.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Perloff was pissed and went on a mini rant saying he knows Dutrow personally and that's how he likes it pronounced and pretty much yelled at the emailer.And Rich was right, wasn't he? I've heart Dutrow pronounce it that way himself...

v j stauffer
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Maybe Mark Casse (one syllable) wants his name pronounced that way instead of two. (cass- see)

Maybe i'll e mail Rich when he' sin the handicapsule and ask him.

He had horses here in 2009. Rosario rode quite a few for him. It was Cass-ee then.

Stillriledup
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Rich is 1 for 17 in the 'seaside showdown' so far.

Ocala Mike
09-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I know Norman Casse, Mark's dad. Believe me, it's pronounced like Vic said above (two syllables).

Ocala Mike