PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Del Mar bashing thread

Tom
07-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Thought I'd go to the website and look at the Trakus charts. Problem is, they aren't there. Only the current day is up, and any from yeas past. Yesterday, uh uh. :liar:

I thought they couldn't do a worse job of Trakus charts with that teeny tiny 1 inch window to look at them in, but I was wrong.

Can Del Mar do anything right?

bigmack
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
They can draw some decent freight. :p

94mXkaIxceM

BlueShoe
07-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Come back in about three or four weeks, say on a Thursday, and see how many of those cuties have come back. Opening day and opening weekend at Del Mar is a social event, a chance to see and be seen.

Edward DeVere
07-24-2010, 11:53 PM

All in all, Del Mar has a TREMENDOUS website.

David-LV
07-25-2010, 12:02 AM
All in all, Del Mar has a TREMENDOUS website.

What part??

Is it the part where they tell you how great their Poly-Crap surface is?:lol:

Greyfox
07-25-2010, 12:12 AM
They can draw some decent freight. :p

94mXkaIxceM

I am a fan of Del Mar.

Thank you for the "tips" in the video.
It was titillating.

Overlay
07-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Thank you for the "tips" in the video.
It was titillating.

Don't you mean (as Bob Hope would have said), "Thanks for the mammary"?

BlueShoe
07-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Boob jobs and Botox. California plastic, just like the damn main track.:rolleyes:

Igeteven
07-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Boob jobs and Botox. California plastic, just like the damn main track.:rolleyes:

As I always said, when you tell the truth, no believes you, when you lie, everyone believes you

good post :ThmbUp:

bigmack
07-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Players whining about fake dirt. It's like a dream come true.

I have reason to believe DavidLV has been posting the same post for years.

I don't like indoor malls. I either don't go or I'll complain on the internet 'til they change 'em.

I might be waiting a while and wasting my time all at the same time.

andymays
07-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Thought I'd go to the website and look at the Trakus charts. Problem is, they aren't there. Only the current day is up, and any from yeas past. Yesterday, uh uh. :liar:

I thought they couldn't do a worse job of Trakus charts with that teeny tiny 1 inch window to look at them in, but I was wrong.

http://www.insidesocal.com/horseracing/

Excerpt:

* Buoyed by a record opening-day crowd of 45,309 and two huge pick-six carryovers, Del Mar's on-track attendance showed a 2.21 percent hike through the first five days compared to last summer. But the good news stopped there for track officials as on-track handle dipped 9.31 percent and overall handle slid 9.24 percent. There were two less races during opening week this year compared to the first five days of 2009. The attendance and handle figures point out that horse racing has not lost its appeal for many fans but they just don't have the extra money to bet because of the economy.

andymays
07-26-2010, 06:33 AM
From Last year (2009) at this time.

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/equestrian/racing/article_bb954de1-8dab-5a1f-a1c9-7f120e1963a8.html

Excerpt:

Total handle was down 8.8 percent on Thursday, 21 percent on Saturday and 28 percent on Sunday -- even with an extra race on the program.