PDA

View Full Version : Rachel at Monmouth

MickJ26
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Almost half a million in the show pool at first flash, Wow.

Tom
07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Sale on tomatoes today.

tbwinner
07-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Can't wait to see her run!

$780k of $805k in the show pool now.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 05:56 PM
can't wait to see the race!! so excited! :)

tbwinner
07-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Make that $1.1 million now. This is why I bet the 1+2+7 to show (you never know).

tbwinner
07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Easyyyyyyyyyyyyy race for RA !!!

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 06:03 PM
shes was great but she only won by 3 lengths...its a shame. she should have won by more than 10

BluegrassProf
07-24-2010, 06:05 PM
shes was great but she only won by 3 lengths...its a shame. she should have won by more than 10*facepalm* Just as silly to say this about Rachel A. as it is for any other other competitor. No reason to press, 'specially on a dragging track when horses are having heatstroke in the 101-degree breeze - win and next. Easy.

Stick to cheerleading, por favor. :ThmbUp:

aharon5741
07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Wow, over a million in the show pool. Can someone calculate the payoffs for the 2,3, and 1 horses if Rachel Finished out of the money?

Nice race but I expected her to win by 20, would have been nice to see, but no reason to send her out that far. Did Calvin go to the whip, I couldn't see to well on my computer.

MickJ26
07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
$1.23 million out of a total of $1.3 million to show on Rachel.
Okay, she's warmed up now, next stop the Woodward.

Bruiser1
07-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Gotta love it.....Calvin Borel wipes the head of Rachel with a wet sponge then wipes off his own head with the same sponge......

Wickel
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Sale on tomatoes today.

Isn't that the truth.:ThmbUp:

sonnyp
07-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Sale on tomatoes today.

she won.........but she just doesn't seem to be back where she was last year to me.

this field was woeful and calvin borel was VERY CAREFUL in his appraisal of her performance.

it will be interesting but i don't believe they'll be looking to take on top level competition off this race.

we'll see

CincyHorseplayer
07-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Gotta love it.....Calvin Borel wipes the head of Rachel with a wet sponge then wipes off his own head with the same sponge......

That is cool.:ThmbUp:

born2ride
07-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow, over a million in the show pool. Can someone calculate the payoffs for the 2,3, and 1 horses if Rachel Finished out of the money?

Nice race but I expected her to win by 20, would have been nice to see, but no reason to send her out that far. Did Calvin go to the whip, I couldn't see to well on my computer.

He just showed her the whip then hand-rode her home. God awful heat and a dead track, I'm glad Calvin didn't push her.

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Good money for a work.

FenceBored
07-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Sale on tomatoes today.

But they were fresh juicy tomatoes, not the tasteless canned variety.

tzipi
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
C'mon guys. Don't bust on Rachel for what everyone does today. It's a prep.

jognlope
07-24-2010, 07:53 PM
She was fantastic. I like when they show the whip, it's all that's needed.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
Everyone is forgetting the horse who finished in second was making her first start ever over dirt.

How many lengths was it back to the third place horse? That's right...almost 11 lengths, just like everyone had hoped for...

So the horse who finished second showed improvement first time over dirt and second time in the United States...

And this is somehow a reason to bust on Rachel?

Look, nobody is making a big deal about this victory except Rachel detractors. No Rachel fan is jumping up and own and saying, "Wow, the second coming has arrived...."

We'll save that for the day she kicks Zenyatta's big slow ass... :lol:

BluegrassProf
07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Pretty model headline from the always-classy tabloid-hocking Shandler et al at BH: "Rachel Has to Work in Lady's Secret Victory." He should be channeling Plonk ala 7/22.....apparently, the obvious is only obvious to so many. That, or - more likely - they watched a different race entirely.

Yet another reason to keep DRF on the faves list (who, btw, also saw a different race).

Hand ride, dragging dirt, in a heat index of 104. Apparently, they want Calvin to squeeze her the whole way 'round and win by 37...so they can moan about it the next week, and probably through 2011. Gotta love the press. :D

Back to horseracing- apart from the former, everyone and their brother saw the same thing: paid gallop against some random horses of varied ability and tenacity....at the end of the day, only so thrilling. Word from trackside is she came out sweet as suga, as expected. Onward and upward.

tzipi
07-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Everyone is forgetting the horse who finished in second was making her first start ever over dirt.

How many lengths was it back to the third place horse? That's right...almost 11 lengths, just like everyone had hoped for...

So the horse who finished second showed improvement first time over dirt and second time in the United States...

Look, nobody is making a big deal about this victory except Rachel detractors. No Rachel fan is jumping up and own and saying, "Wow, the second coming has arrived...."

:ThmbUp: Pace is right on. I mean I like Zenyatta as she's asked to do what she has to do but PA is right in defending a horse who is running lights on right now. Go Rach.

horses4courses
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM

Good luck with that......... :rolleyes:

CincyHorseplayer
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey I was still rooting her home.The place horse ran a hell of a race.Crucify me,go for it,start 10 threads about what a schlep I am!!:)

rastajenk
07-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Took 20 posts for the big Z to get a mention in a Rachel thread; gotta be some kind of a record!! :jump:

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Am i happy she won? Of course
Am I impressed with her victory? Not at all

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Am I impressed with her victory? Not at allOdd opinion to have...care to elaborate?

tucker6
07-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Good luck with that......... :rolleyes:
What's the ML in a race featuring RA, Z, and five tomato cans on a dirt track at 9F?? I don't see Z as the favorite seven days a week.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 08:31 PM
My mentioning Zenyatta wasn't meant to turn this into another repetitive Z vs. R thread...so any further posts trying to stoke those flames will be deleted...

tzipi
07-24-2010, 08:32 PM

How could you not be impressed with her victory? You were impressed with Zenyatta's victories over the same second tier company. This is a thread just saying hey good for Rachel. I can't say boo to her victory. It was good.

BluegrassProf
07-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Am I impressed with her victory? Not at allThat's probably because you're not looking at anything but the little number on the board and the victory margin (the same problematic methods that Zenyatta supporters deride when looking at her comparable races). I assume you were, say, cooking a roast during the first mile.

Despite the heat, Calvin had his mare ice-cold into the stretch. He stalked a well-squeezed Queen Martha despite a craaawling pace. He popped in front to win by 3 under a hand ride. You understand how that was all set up, si? You should watch from the break after dinner.

Just because it's Rachel doesn't mean there needs to be 10 to the place horse to signify perfectly good positioning going into the next match. And again: oppressive 104-degree heat and a slow track...clicking to win by 30 isn't just unnecessary, it's hazardous. It's about the future, Mr. Howard.

*Note: Pace, please note my Z reference was only to make a relevant point re: splits and lengths of victory, and is as supportive of her as it is of Rachel. Just to clarify. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Good to see you still maintain your almost delusional bias. ;)

This was a horrific field, but it was a good spot to run her because the purse was attractive and the race didn't take anything out of her.

Rachel's connections have clearly learned how to manage a horse aiming for the Breeder's Cup by watching the brilliance of the Zenyatta camp. They are piling up earnings without running against anyone significant and will have a fresh horse later in the year if they stay on this path. The only problem is that she has close to a 0% of beating legitimate Grade older 1 colts at 10F unless they all get hurt between now and then.

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 08:46 PM

Exactly how long have you been a racing fan? I know it hasn't been long.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 08:51 PM
That's probably because you're not looking at anything but the little number on the board and the victory margin (the same problematic methods that Zenyatta supporters deride when looking at her comparable races). I assume you were, say, cooking a roast during the first mile.

Despite the heat, Calvin had his mare ice-cold into the stretch. He stalked a well-squeezed Queen Martha despite a craaawling pace. He popped in front to win by 3 under a hand ride. You understand how that was all set up, si? You should watch from the break after dinner.

Just because it's Rachel doesn't mean there needs to be 10 to the place horse to signify perfectly good positioning going into the next match. And again: oppressive 104-degree heat and a slow track...clicking to win by 30 isn't just unnecessary, it's hazardous. It's about the future, Mr. Howard.

*Note: Pace, please note my Z reference was only to make a relevant point re: splits and lengths of victory, and is as supportive of her as it is of Rachel. Just to clarify. :ThmbUp:

all good points and I thought she ran a good race. I want to see her run against males again and her performance today did not give me as much confidence that I thought it would have.

Reading several of the websites before hand, many were expecting her to run a muck with this group and she did not. In an ungraded race, she won by 3. In a grade two, she won by almost 11 lengths. Inconsistent. Although, the heat had to play a role today.

I would like to see her run in the woodward.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Exactly how long have you been a racing fan? I know it hasn't been long.

For a year now. I think almost everyone on here have been fans for decades...but I am also sure that everyone started off in my shoes.

Everyone begins somewhere.

Have a little empathy. What I am saying is not something that a veteran wouldn't say. It's a matter of opinion.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Odd opinion to have...care to elaborate?

In an ungraded race, she only won by 3 lengths against a horse that has won 2 races in her lifetime. She ran a good race, for sure, and I know the 3rd place finisher was a ways back.

I just didn't feel impressed by this victory. I want to see how she does against males. I hope they decided to run her in the woodward.

tbwinner
07-24-2010, 09:02 PM

The Del Mar calculator says it would've been around $90-$120 for a $2 wager on the show payoffs if Rachel was OTM. So I lost $3.60 on the race, no big deal.

thaskalos
07-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Exactly how long have you been a racing fan? I know it hasn't been long. "Impressive"...is clearly not the word to use, when a "Horse Of The Year" defeats some glorified "allowance" runners in an ungraded stake race.

I am not criticizing the horse, nor the connections, mind you.

I am just trying to imagine what the comments would have been if Zenyatta had run in a race such as this...

Come to think of it...I don't have to imagine. I remember vividly the criticism and the "duckie" add-ons, that Zenyatta had to endure...and she didn't even suffer the indignity of racing in an ungraded stake race.

If Zenyatta's races have not been impressive - and some people here HAVE stated that they have NOT been impressive - why does THIS race deserve to be labeled as such?

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 09:09 PM
In an ungraded race, she only won by 3 lengths against a horse that has won 2 races in her lifetime. She ran a good race, for sure, and I know the 3rd place finisher was a ways back.

I just didn't feel impressed by this victory. I want to see how she does against males. I hope they decided to run her in the woodward.

You get Zenyatta to run in the Woodward and we'll meet you there. By the way no trainer in his right mind wants to see a horse used up to win by a large margin in that kind of heat. She won the way her connections wanted her to win.

CincyHorseplayer
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Where was the outrage when Zen defeated the might N2X Annaba's Creation???

Start your violins and the posthumous apologies!!;)

sandpit
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
You get Zenyatta to run in the Woodward and we'll meet you there. By the way no trainer in his right mind wants to see a horse used up to win by a large margin in that kind of heat. She won the way her connections wanted her to win.

How about Asmussen saying a couple of weeks ago he couldn't wait to get Rachel out of the heat at Churchill to train at Saratoga, which was understandable. So what does he do, he runs her at Monmouth on the hottest day of the meet, exposing her to undue stress. Why, because the track jacked the purse and changed the distance of an ungraded race for an easy quarter million $. Meanwhile, the Grade 1 Ruffian, at the same distance, but with a paltry $250K purse, at Saratoga next weekend, gets the short end of the stick. I hope she runs in the Woodward, the folks that go to the races at Saratoga deserve to see her as much as anyone.

Personally, I'd rather see her run in the Personal Ensign, so she can silence all those silly 1 1/4 mile critics.

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 09:43 PM
How about Asmussen saying a couple of weeks ago he couldn't wait to get Rachel out of the heat at Churchill to train at Saratoga, which was understandable. So what does he do, he runs her at Monmouth on the hottest day of the meet, exposing her to undue stress. Why, because the track jacked the purse and changed the distance of an ungraded race for an easy quarter million $. Meanwhile, the Grade 1 Ruffian, at the same distance, but with a paltry $250K purse, at Saratoga next weekend, gets the short end of the stick. I hope she runs in the Woodward, the folks that go to the races at Saratoga deserve to see her as much as anyone.

Personally, I'd rather see her run in the Personal Ensign, so she can silence all those silly 1 1/4 mile critics.

I would have kept her at Saratoga myself. Two problems you can't predict the weather and I don't think it was Asmussen's call.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 09:47 PM

They moved her up here to help with heat but unfortunately the whole country is in this heat wave.

I really hope she comes out of this race reasonably well and I know it had to take a lot out of her.

I was sweating and worn out by walking for 3 minutes..it was brutal out there today!

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
"Impressive"...is clearly not the word to use, when a "Horse Of The Year" defeats some glorified "allowance" runners in an ungraded stake race.

I am just trying to imagine what the comments would have been if Zenyatta had run in a race such as this...

Come to think of it...I don't have to imagine. I remember vividly the criticism and the "duckie" add-ons, that Zenyatta had to endure...and she didn't even suffer the indignity of racing in an ungraded stake race.

If Zenyatta's races have not been impressive - and some people here HAVE stated that they have NOT been impressive - why does THIS race deserve to be labeled as such?

It is a shame that rachel ran in this ungraded race. Why not the ruffian? Rachel ran a good race fleur da lis, she needed to run in a grade one. But, I am sure her trainer/owner know what they are doing, although its understandably confusing.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Good to see you still maintain your almost delusional bias. ;)

This was a horrific field, but it was a good spot to run her because the purse was attractive and the race didn't take anything out of her.

Rachel's connections have clearly learned how to manage a horse aiming for the Breeder's Cup by watching the brilliance of the Zenyatta camp. They are piling up earnings without running against anyone significant and will have a fresh horse later in the year if they stay on this path. The only problem is that she has close to a 0% of beating legitimate Grade older 1 colts at 10F unless they all get hurt between now and then.I said I'm not going down this road again.

If you can't reason that a lightly raced horse making her first ever start on dirt doesn't have every right to improve to the point where she finishes 3 lengths behind Rachel, well then, I have nothing more to say.

Are you one of these who think this race was a poor showing for Rachel because she only won by 3 lengths (and 11 lengths in front of the 3rd place horse)? Because if you're not, then I don't understand why you addressed me in this manner, so I must assume that you are...

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
"Impressive"...is clearly not the word to use, when a "Horse Of The Year" defeats some glorified "allowance" runners in an ungraded stake race.

If Zenyatta's races have not been impressive - and some people here HAVE stated that they have NOT been impressive - why does THIS race deserve to be labeled as such?Did you miss my reply in this thread where I stated I would delete any more of these useless and repetitive Z vs. R replies? Now you know why...

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 09:56 PM
I guess either people don't read or they enjoy being willful. This thread will be locked in a matter of moments, so get your parting shots in while you can.

And if someone wants to come back at me and say "well, you started it" I say tough shite...if you can't let a comment like that go then that's your problem.

PaceAdvantage
07-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Good to see you still maintain your almost delusional bias. ;)Have I ever called you delusional, even in jest? No, I don't think I ever have.

And don't think you've never given me a reason...

OntheRail
07-24-2010, 10:03 PM
They moved her up here to help with heat but unfortunately the whole country is in this heat wave.

I really hope she comes out of this race reasonably well and I know it had to take a lot out of her.

I was sweating and worn out by walking for 3 minutes..it was brutal out there today!

And this from one who was unimpressed by her win... :faint:

Me I did not get to see it as dimstream had server issue that took 2 days to fix and got back up and running at 8:30 pm. To say I was pizz is an understatement. :mad:

Anyway I'm happy yo hear she won... and I'm looking forward to her next start.

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
It is a shame that rachel ran in this ungraded race. Why not the ruffian? Rachel ran a good race fleur da lis, she needed to run in a grade one. But, I am sure her trainer/owner know what they are doing, although its understandably confusing.

Tell me why she needed to run in a Grade 1 race please.

point given
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Just back from Monmouth to see Rachel Alexandra run. I watched her get saddled and she was alert whie she was washed down with ice water in her stall. In the paddock they circled them 3 laps for all to see and get a good look. On track she looked good and they only had a short post parade and went right to the gate. It appeared to me the race took very little out of her as I followed her after the race as she got hosed down, they got what they wanted out of the race and Calvin told Assmussen he liked the way she finished up. Now on to the Personal Ensign I would guess .

OntheRail
07-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Just back from Monmouth to see Rachel Alexandra run. I watched her get saddled and she was alert whie she was washed down with ice water in her stall. In the paddock they circled them 3 laps for all to see and get a good look. On track she looked good and they only had a short post parade and went right to the gate. It appeared to me the race took very little out of her as I followed her after the race as she got hosed down, they got what they wanted out of the race and Calvin told Assmussen he liked the way she finished up. Now on to the Personal Ensign I would guess .

Luck Bustard... Now on to the Personal Ensign I would guess. I'll second that. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I guess either people don't read or they enjoy being willful. This thread will be locked in a matter of moments, so get your parting shots in while you can.

And if someone wants to come back at me and say "well, you started it" I say tough shite...if you can't let a comment like that go then that's your problem. My comment was not directed at you and your comment about Zenyatta's "big, slow, ass".

It was directed at Hedevar...who was not amused when "cpitt84" stated that he "wasn't impressed at all" with Rachel's victory.

thaskalos
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Did you miss my reply in this thread where I stated I would delete any more of these useless and repetitive Z vs. R replies? Now you know why... I have NEVER called any of your replies "useless and repetitive", by the way...but that's OK. You are the boss...and you have the right to make the rules...

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
My comment was not directed at you and your comment about Zenyatta's "big, slow, ass".

It was directed at Hedevar...who was not amused when "cpitt84" stated that he "wasn't impressed at all" with Rachel's victory.

You're right I was not amused when someone who is a complete novice states he was not impressed by a horse who won a race exactly the way she should have won the race. Then goes on to state that he wants to see Rachel Alexandra run against males as if last year did not count. The filly is just rounding into form. As I told him if Zenyatta is in the Woodward Rachel will be there. We both know that is a fantasy. It is ridiculous for some people who cannot even spell the names of races and does not know what to expect in certain races to make completely asinine comments. Rachel will race in Grade 1 races prior to the BC. Her connections do not feel this is the right time. The BC is 3 and 1/2 months away. Plenty of time for Grade 1s. Zenyatta fans who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones. He forgot to mention that he would like to see Zenyatta run against males. A true fantasy.

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Tell me why she needed to run in a Grade 1 race please.

Like other posters have noted, she is not being tested by cupcakes. If she wants to raise the stakes and advance to the breeders cup, she better start running against grade one horses.

Hopefully, she will get two more chances if she were to run in the BC.

thaskalos
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
You're right I was not amused when someone who is a complete novice states he was not impressed by a horse who won a race exactly the way she should have won the race. Then goes on to state that he wants to see Rachel Alexandra run against males as if last year did not count. The filly is just rounding into form. As I told him if Zenyatta is in the Woodward Rachel will be there. We both know that is a fantasy. It is ridiculous for some people who cannot even spell the names of races and does not know what to expect in certain races to make completely asinine comments. Rachel will race in Grade 1 races prior to the BC. Her connections do not feel this is the right time. The BC is 3 and 1/2 months away. Plenty of time for Grade 1s. Zenyatta fans who live in glass houses should not be throwing stones. He forgot to mention that he would like to see Zenyatta run against males. A true fantasy.Hedevar...read my comment (#38)...and tell me if it was unfair. I said that I am NOT criticizing Rachel and her connections...they should be allowed to do what they want to do.

But the same privilege should be extended to Zenyatta and HER connections...

No?

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Hedevar]You're right I was not amused when someone who is a complete novice QUOTE]

It's annoying to have this stated all the time. I would probably have the same opinion if I watched horse racing for 20 years.

like I said earlier, you started off as a novice too..like everyone else. It doesn't help matters to keep throwing that in someone's face.

While its understandable that veteran's have an upper hand on knowledge and perspective, respect to those who are new certainly cannot hurt.

And because of this, I will do my best to have patience for those who are new at horseracing down the road! I will lead by example :)

thaskalos
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Hedevar]You're right I was not amused when someone who is a complete novice QUOTE]

It's annoying to have this stated all the time. I would probably have the same opinion if I watched horse racing for 20 years.

like I said earlier, you started off as a novice too..like everyone else. It doesn't help matters to keep throwing that in someone's face.

While its understandable that veteran's have an upper hand on knowledge and perspective, respect to those who are new certainly cannot hurt.

And because of this, I will do my best to have patience for those who are new at horseracing down the road! I will lead by example :) How else are we to attract NEW people to this game? :)

eastie
07-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Rachel was awesome, anyone could see that. What more could you ask for. The place hoss ran awesome too. they were both motoring along at the end. how about RA, Zen, Blind Luck, and Devil May Care in the Personal Ensign ?

cpitt84
07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=cpitt84] How else are we to attract NEW people to this game? :)

If anything, those comments only discourage to give honest opinion and perspectives on the sport.

tzipi
07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Like other posters have noted, she is not being tested by cupcakes. If she wants to raise the stakes and advance to the breeders cup, she better start running against grade one horses.

Hopefully, she will get two more chances if she were to run in the BC.

So should Zenyatta and others because their running against cupckaes too. Plenty of big time male races out in california and I don't see any big females entered.

Hedevar
07-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Hedevar...read my comment (#38)...and tell me if it was unfair. I said that I am NOT criticizing Rachel and her connections...they should be allowed to do what they want to do.

No?

thaskalos I was not responding to you. I was responding to cpitt84. All of my response was directed toward him. If I were new I would read and learn before I posted as many others do. I would also learn how to spell Fleur de Lis.

Rachel did what her connections wanted her to do. Do you really think Asmussen cares that cpitt84 was not impressed?

classhandicapper
07-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I said I'm not going down this road again.

If you can't reason that a lightly raced horse making her first ever start on dirt doesn't have every right to improve to the point where she finishes 3 lengths behind Rachel, well then, I have nothing more to say.

Are you one of these who think this race was a poor showing for Rachel because she only won by 3 lengths (and 11 lengths in front of the 3rd place horse)? Because if you're not, then I don't understand why you addressed me in this manner, so I must assume that you are...

I didn't say a thing about Rachel's performance or the performance of the horse that finished second.

I think it's kind of difficult to gauge how well she ran because she stalked inferior horses while racing well within herself and drew off as need be through the stretch.

Because she's so superior, she probably took something out of most of the horses racing near her (they were mostly cheaper speeds and stalkers) without taking anything out of herself. That exaggerated the margins between them. That kind of thing often complicates the figure making and performance evaluation process (many figure makers do not understand this)

I can't see how you can use the 2nd horse to get a line on her because she had never run on dirt. But I don't think it's highly likely that NW2 ALW horse on turf is a legitimate high level Grade 1 filly on dirt. It happens, but it's rare. We'll have to see how she comes back.

(This wasn't like Zenyatta's race last year where the pace was so darn slow a cheap ALW horse could finish close to her while still be vastly inferior because it took an astonishing effort just to close and get up. Queen Martha ran with Rachel and the rest of them collapsed. She ran very well. It's a matter of how well.)

I think the preliminary Beyer figure is a 110. That fits in with the other routes on the day, but it's looks a little fishy to me. Perhaps they are all a little too fast.

A 110 has Rachel running faster than last time, the 2nd horse being a top notch Grade 1 mare, and the 3rd horse running a new lifetime top too. Hmmmn

IMHO, Beyer has overstated several of Rachel's figures in the last two years. This may be another, but I'll have to look closer at the day.

All in all, regardless of what the real figure is, it was a good effort. This is exactly what you want from her. She's fresh, doing well, etc... IMO they should stick with fillies and mares, but try a Grade 1 field next time.

For the record, delusional "bias" goes hand in hand with comments like this:

"We'll save that for the day she kicks Zenyatta's big slow ass." ;)

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2010, 12:03 AM
I have NEVER called any of your replies "useless and repetitive", by the way...but that's OK. You are the boss...and you have the right to make the rules...Finally...one who understands the pecking order around here...

One comment of mine (which in itself was repetitive and not worthy of ANOTHER sideshow) is not a signal to open the door to what has been debated and discussed a zillion times before. Go back to an old thread if you want to take me on again...

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2010, 12:05 AM

No?No. Not if her fans insist on calling her the best filly or mare ever.

PaceAdvantage
07-25-2010, 12:09 AM
For the record, delusional "bias" goes hand in hand with comments like this:

"We'll save that for the day she kicks Zenyatta's big slow ass." ;)Well, she is big, and as far as "best evah" horses go, she is slow until she proves otherwise.