PDA

View Full Version : D/M TRAINER EURTON RECOVERING FROM SAVAGING EPISODE

rwwupl
07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
From DMTC and
http://www.dmtc.com/racinginfo/stablenotes/

Del Mar Stable Notes:

TRAINER EURTON RECOVERING FROM SAVAGING EPISODE

Peter Eurton was back at the track Saturday morning after what he termed “the worst ever” injury incident in his training career. “Very scary,” he said as he watched from the Clubhouse boxes as horses went through their morning exercises.

Eurton, who is recovering well, was talking about a savaging episode last Wednesday when he was aboard his pony accompanying one of his horses to a training session at the starting gate. “We were behind the gate at the time and the rider got off the horse because he was acting up,” Eurton began. “The horse then reared up and got away from his handlers. They got him to turn back behind the gate and he came right toward me and my pony.

“I turned the pony and the horse grabbed me in the back, picked me up and threw me down to the ground. I landed on my head, but fortunately I was wearing my helmet so I wasn’t injured that way. But I have a huge hematoma on my back and a big bruise on my right knee.”

Eurton expressed gratitude for the way the gate crew saved him from further harm by getting the unruly horse to turn away from him.

joanied
07-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Jeeze....good that he's going to be OK...and hats off to the gate crew...there aren't too many things more scary than a horse hell bent on savaging you.

BluegrassProf
07-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Horse was last heard saying "Pete, you throw me onto that DM track one more time and I'll eff you up nice and good-like."

Sadly, no one listened.

Fingal
07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I found it strange that while Christina reported this fairly serious incident at Del Mar on TVG's opening day coverage, no media source like Paulick, Equidaly or Bloodhorse picked it up until the following Sunday :confused:

Grits
07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
This couldn't have been a filly. Had to be a colt. And even if, by chance, it was a filly, I know she was sorry she hurt him.:lol: