PDA

View Full Version : UK bookmakers odds on AP stakes

Valuist
08-16-2003, 09:49 AM
Nobody knows these horses better than the UK bookmakers. Most of these horses are either from Europe, or started their careers there before coming over to the U.S. These are from Betfair:

Million:
Sulamani 7-2
Vangelis 60-1
Paolini 13-1
Storming Home 4-1
Perfect Soul 55-1
Perfect Drift 6-1
Beauchamp Pt 40-1
Touch of Land 30-1
Kaieteur 16-1
The Tin Man 15-1 (the morning line is 4-1!)
Honor in War 12-1
Tripat 80-1
Olden TImes 17-1

The Tin Man is the biggest discepancy to the morning line. Interesting that Sulamani is only 7-2 in the U.K. but the Arlington morning line was made before he bruised his foot and missed a day of training. Also, Perfect Drift may be a bit overbet on track. What has he proven on the grass course? An excellent horse on the dirt but I feel unproven over the weeds.

Beverly D;
Owsley 6-1
Heat Haze 5-2
Bien Nicole 11-1
Dublino 3-1
Riskaverse 5-1
Walzerkoenigin 4-1
Dress to Thrill 7-2

Walzerkoenigin is getting respect over there; a bit more than I thought but maybe those Group races in Germany were stronger than we thought.

Secretariat:
Lismore Knight 5-1
Foufa's Warrior 6-1
Evolving Tactics 5-2
France 3-1
Californian 5-1
Kicken Kris 11-1
Kings Drama 11-1
Just Wonder 3-1
Native Hawk 11-1
Joe Bear 11-1
Gato Gato Gato 11-1

I may take a stand against Evolving Tactics because he was near a very slow pace and an ordinary NW2X horse ran third in that race. But there could be some interesting longshots in here. The horses who ran 2-3 out of the Colonial race are getting a lot more respect w/the UK bookmakers than w/Battaglias morning line. The last 3 horses listed at 11-1 in the UK are 50-1 shots in the program. Another wide open race.