PDA

View Full Version : Lisa's Boobytrap

Pages : [1] 2

bushwick
07-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Just heard the connections came to their senses and realized they were in over their heads and scratched.

lamboguy
07-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Just heard the connections came to their senses and realized they were in over their heads and scratched.that is one of the best things i have ever heard. i actually have a smile on my face now!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PhantomOnTour
07-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Nice filly though, but her figs have gotten slower as she keeps winning. I wanted her in the field to push the pace (which she surely would have done). Maybe a NG Stks race is the best option for her. She's been impressive though, albeit in short fields against the same foes.
Connie And Michael looks like the speed in here now as I think she'll outsprint Absinthe Minded.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Gotta wish this man good luck turning down the $500k offer for the horse...right or wrong down the road he stans on principles.

cj
07-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Gotta wish this man good luck turning down the $500k offer for the horse...right or wrong down the road he stans on principles.

What principle is that? Insanity?

I'm not sure I believe anyone offered that much for the horse.

onefast99
07-24-2010, 12:01 PM
What principle is that? Insanity?

I'm not sure I believe anyone offered that much for the horse.
They did an interview with the owner and trainer and there was an offer of 500k after the last win. 50k after the first win.

cj
07-24-2010, 12:05 PM
They did an interview with the owner and trainer and there was an offer of 500k after the last win. 50k after the first win.

I know that, but you and I both know those "offers" aren't always true. Maybe it was, but there is no proof. Many say those things to drive up the price.

rrbauer
07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I know that, but you and I both know those "offers" aren't always true. Maybe it was, but there is no proof. Many say those things to drive up the price.

No proof either way, CJ. Why piss on the guy's story? That said, glad they took her out. Easier spots than this one even at Saratoga.

cj
07-24-2010, 01:19 PM
No proof either way, CJ. Why piss on the guy's story? That said, glad they took her out. Easier spots than this one even at Saratoga.

Because with no real facts it isn't a story. I could tell people I was offered 2 mil for my house and decided not to sell, but that doesn't make it true.

lamboguy
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
I know that, but you and I both know those "offers" aren't always true. Maybe it was, but there is no proof. Many say those things to drive up the price.the same english guy calls me everytime i got a first timer that wins and tries to steal the horse. he is from kentucky, a bloodstock agent

InsideThePylons-MW
07-24-2010, 02:28 PM
The person that offered the 500K for the horse is temporarily the dumbest human on the planet. When the offer is rejected, that person now wears the crown and you have a ice-cold exacta.

If there was no offer, the person making up the offer and then saying he turned it down is the undisputed dumbest human on planet. At that point, racetrack management or a racing orginization will seek him out and hire him immediately.

FantasticDan
07-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I think the track being so muddy in the early morning, combined with the threat of more storms with all the heat and humidity was the reason for the scratch more so than "coming to their senses."

For those that didn't see the TVG story, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSSPtd33_8

BetHorses!
07-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Because with no real facts it isn't a story. I could tell people I was offered 2 mil for my house and decided not to sell, but that doesn't make it true.

I was the one that offered cj the 2 mil but the PF formula had to stay with the house :)

Tape Reader
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
joanied,

Where are you?

The soul of this thread has been lost.

cj
07-25-2010, 12:37 AM
The person that offered the 500K for the horse is temporarily the dumbest human on the planet. When the offer is rejected, that person now wears the crown and you have a ice-cold exacta.

If there was no offer, the person making up the offer and then saying he turned it down is the undisputed dumbest human on planet. At that point, racetrack management or a racing orginization will seek him out and hire him immediately.

this is the funniest stuff (because it is so accurate!) I have seen in a long time.

WinterTriangle
07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
The horse brings a TON OF JOY to the owner, who lost his wife a few years ago, and has found some happiness with owning this horse. (wife's name was Lisa).

From what I hear he is a bonafide horseraing/ racetrack person. I also hear that he struggled to keep her until recently, so we know Lisa won't become a "throw-away" horse like so many do under owners who aren't as honorable as this one.

IMHO, He doesn't need to come to his senses. Most people could probably come to theirs and take a lesson from him. :) nice guy and beautiful horse.

2 races, 2 wins, a total of 27 lengths. We should all be so lucky as to have such a "high note" in our lives. This is what owning and racing at small tracks is all about.....it's what keeps racing alive and creates fans. She has a huge following. People love feel good stories. I do too.

BTW, a lot of Preakness, BC, Belmont contenders and such contenders have come thru her damsire Notebook, including Big Drama, which is a nice pedigree touch for this filly.

trackrat59
07-25-2010, 08:39 AM
The horse brings a TON OF JOY to the owner, who lost his wife a few years ago, and has found some happiness with owning this horse. (wife's name was Lisa).

From what I hear he is a bonafide horseraing/ racetrack person. I also hear that he struggled to keep her until recently, so we know Lisa won't become a "throw-away" horse like so many do under owners who aren't as honorable as this one.

IMHO, He doesn't need to come to his senses. Most people could probably come to theirs and take a lesson from him. :) nice guy and beautiful horse.

2 races, 2 wins, a total of 27 lengths. We should all be so lucky as to have such a "high note" in our lives. This is what owning and racing at small tracks is all about.....it's what keeps racing alive and creates fans. She has a huge following. People love feel good stories. I do too.

BTW, a lot of Preakness, BC, Belmont contenders and such contenders have come thru her damsire Notebook, including Big Drama, which is a nice pedigree touch for this filly.

Agree 100%.

I've been so burnt out on racing over the past few weeks I can't even look at a racing form for more than 2 minutes. Then I heard the story about LBT and got excited about the race. I love these kinds of racing stories. It got me excited about watching racing yesterday. Sorry she was scratched but I put her in my watch.

The owner/trainer is such a cool guy. I watched him tell his story of the loss of his wife and how he obtained the horse. For me I could see in his eyes the pain he once experienced. You could tell as he told his story. Kudos to him for keeping the horse. When you lose someone that close to you and you still carry that pain, money doesn't mean all that much. It's appears that this horse is helping him recover. You can't put a price on that.

I wish him all the best with the horse.

onefast99
07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Here is the story from TVG, I hope this is ok to copy and paste if not delete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSSPtd33_8

FantasticDan
07-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I posted the TVG story link yesterday. Tells the whole story, and you can't doubt the trainer is a horseman after watching it.

WT, she actually has three wins in three starts. I'm sure she'll be heading back to Saratoga for another race soon enuff. There just isn't any allowance competition at Finger Lakes, and all their stakes races are for NY breds anyway.

joanied
07-25-2010, 12:57 PM
joanied,

Where are you?

The soul of this thread has been lost.

I'm here:jump: thanks for your words...but ya know what? This thread has it's own soul...Lisa's Booby Trap is the heart and soul of her connections...and it seems her soul is occupied by the trainers late wife, Lisa...I watched the video and I know MY heart was touched...wonderful story.
It's a shame he scratched the filly, but no doubt, he's looking out for her and didn't want to take a shot in the CCAO...I doubt anyone was going to beat devil May care, but, I do hope they stay at Saratoga with Lisa's Booby Trap and that she wins for them up there.

Again...the soul of this thread is Lisa's Booby Trap...good luck, stay sound and healthy...and you are a lucky girl in knowing you will always have a loving home.
:ThmbUp: :) :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Lisa's been entered in Friday's 6F Loudonville at Saratoga..

PPs:

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdfs/toddpletcher_206043.pdf

Small six horse field, but a quality one nonetheless. Should be a good barometer for her..

Also, here's NYRA video of her last workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWsLk9-LV4

tbwinner
08-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Just opened up at 1-4 at Saratoga's third race. 5 horse field, the #3 horse (Simply Spiteful) was a speed horse who scratched so Lisa could wire the field here.

Dahoss9698
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Just opened up at 1-4 at Saratoga's third race. 5 horse field, the #3 horse (Simply Spiteful) was a speed horse who scratched so Lisa could wire the field here.

I'll be shocked if she makes the lead over Nonna Mia and Stormandaprayer.

tbwinner
08-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Nice performance by her. Looks like Desmoreaux let her back, let the speed duel develop out (1st quarter 21.5!) and take it on the stretch. Nice performance, 6 length winner.

netbet
08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
The next offer will make 500K look like chump change.

sonnyp
08-06-2010, 02:11 PM
now he should sell 49 % of her. nice filly !!!

Figman
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM
This is what horseracing is all about! An undefeated three year filly by DREWMAN. Who?????

LISA'S BOOBY TRAP is undefeated as is her owner-trainer Timothy Snyder in 2010. Great win! NYRA's morning line man made a mistake listing her at 12-1.

bushwick
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I think Kent having to steady her after breaking in was a blessing in disguise. She avoided the speed duel on the front and showed she could handle dirt in her face. Can't wait to see how this story plays out!

woodtoo
08-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Could'nt be more happy for her and the connectoins :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

rrbauer
08-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Way to go LISA. Story just gets better and better.

Ian Meyers
08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Been following her since before her first start when she worked lights out at FL. Snyder is a great guy and he deserves some joy in his life. :ThmbUp: :)

FantasticDan
08-06-2010, 03:34 PM
:1: by Songandaprayer, $110,000
:2: by Empire Maker, $200,000
:3: SCR
:4: by Distorted Humor, $250,000
:5: by Drewman, $4500, 2K up front & pay me the rest later :D
:6: by Tiznow, $340,000

Helluva win, Lisa! :eek: :jump: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Next up: The Victory Ride on Travers Day:

http://blog.timesunion.com/horseracing/lisas-booby-trap-gets-emotional-win-at-saratoga/5263/

Edward DeVere
08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Wonder if she gets an upgrade now from: "She's one of the best horses I've ever had."

FantasticDan
08-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Bill Finley wrote an article yesterday that talked about her foot issues, along with the origin of her name ;) :cool:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/sports/06horse.html

Robert Goren
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Lets not get too carried away here. She looked very good today, But I don't think I would wager on her if she was running against Rachel Alexandra off what she has done so far.

rrbauer
08-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Lets not get too carried away here. She looked very good today, But I don't think I would wager on her if she was running against Rachel Alexandra off what she has done so far.

Of course you wouldn't nor would anybody else. This is a great story about a guy and his one horse. One of the few great "rags to riches" stories to come out of racing in quite awhile. Clubfoot, blind in one eye and undefeated.

tbwinner
08-06-2010, 04:48 PM
This is a really nice sprinter here...I'd see her around these ungraded stakes (or maybe G3s) for awhile. I just re-read that NY Times article, and love it hearing stories of these people that make something from nothing, especially in the field of horses!

FantasticDan
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
The DRF is reporting that along with the Victory Gallop, they're also considering trying her on the turf in the Lake Placid on 8/22..

http://www.drf.com/news/4500-filly-wins-saratoga-stakes

sonnyp
08-06-2010, 05:32 PM

what's with you ???

David-LV
08-06-2010, 05:36 PM

You are getting to be a joke with some of your remarks!!!!

________
David-LV

tzipi
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Fast fractions in the race but great race by Lisa and the jock for laying off.

Shelby
08-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Bill Finley wrote an article yesterday that talked about her foot issues, along with the origin of her name ;) :cool:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/sports/06horse.html

I just went through 7 tissues reading this. I recognized her name because she scratched the other day, but I had NO idea of the back story. Don't you just know that the owner/trainer treats this horse like a queen! I now have two new heroes; Lisa and Mr. Tim Snyder.

Shelby
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Awwwww, come on. Don't be such a kill-joy. No one said she was on that level......however, wouldn't it be great if she could do that??!! I'd bet on her in a heartbeat :)

Bullet Plane
08-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Hellofva great story!

It's stories like this that make the game so great. I wish the guy good luck. And thanks to the folks on the board for giving me a heads up on this story.

I love this part of the game. I hear the "Rocky" theme song now...

Go Lisa Go!

pandy
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I picked her to win and so did Clocker Lawton at the track. A lot of people from Finger Lakes area bet on her today. Every race she has won by a clear margin, great story, I hope she keeps going for him.

WinterTriangle
08-06-2010, 11:51 PM
you can't doubt the trainer is a horseman after watching it.

That was pretty clear. The breeder said she had no talent and gave her away for Free; the horse broker said she was the slowest horse he'd ever been around and unloaded her for $1,000.

I guess TLC and a keen eye can change things for a horse, esp. when they get around an astute horseman who takes the time to figure out their problems and work with their conformational issues.

did you see the replay of her bullet work at Sara?

Despite she was bet down like crazy, was nice to finally get a price on her, because at FL she was extremely chalky.

The next offer will make 500K look like chump change.

You mean the orig. 500K "fake" offer. :D She's won 15% of that already and the owner has made about a $71K+ profit on her in only 4 races.

JustRalph
08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
he would be a fool not to take 500k for her.

but if he is smart he gets a high price and keeps a piece

KingChas
08-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Get back to you on that in the future. ;)
Racehorse time against racehorses.

Robert Goren
08-07-2010, 12:49 AM
That was pretty clear. The breeder said she had no talent and gave her away for Free; the horse broker said she was the slowest horse he'd ever been around and unloaded her for $1,000.

I guess TLC and a keen eye can change things for a horse, esp. when they get around an astute horseman who takes the time to figure out their problems and work with their conformational issues.

did you see the replay of her bullet work at Sara?

Despite she was bet down like crazy, was nice to finally get a price on her, because at FL she was extremely chalky.

You mean the orig. 500K "fake" offer. :D She's won 15% of that already and the owner has made about a $71K+ profit on her in only 4 races.I really doubt that all of that 71k is profit. The man is lucky if he is up about 40k on her.

KingChas
08-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Regardless,it's a love story it keeps the man ticking.
And this "Finger Lake Lady" can run.
Sometimes the bottom line ($$$) doesn't mean squat to everyone.
Good for him and his horse.................. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
08-07-2010, 12:59 AM
what's with you ??? It was meant as a light hearted jab at some of the posters who painting as the next RA or Zen. I am sorry if I offended anyone with it.

KingChas
08-07-2010, 01:05 AM
All I know is the girl's are taking over horseracing. :eek: :D

sonnyp
08-07-2010, 01:10 AM
It was meant as a light hearted jab at some of the posters who painting as the next RA or Zen. I am sorry if I offended anyone with it.

i don't think anyone here is putting her in that class. i think most , just found it to be an interesting, refreshing story.

letswastemoney
08-07-2010, 02:16 AM

but if he is smart he gets a high price and keeps a piece
She's a once in a lifetime horse.

I wouldn't sell. What is an old man like that going to do with $500,000? He'd probably try to find another filly like her.

Add in the factor that he lost his wife...he's clearly lonely and the filly probably provides a sense of comfort and friendship that can't be replaced.

And it's not like she isn't earning any money for him, because she is.

Java Gold@TFT
08-07-2010, 03:47 AM
A nice piece from local news:

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/at_the_track/513427/trainer-pays-tribute-to-late-wife-and-gets-big-win-at-saratoga/?ap=1&MP4

TheBid9
08-07-2010, 09:00 AM
She's a once in a lifetime horse.

I wouldn't sell. What is an old man like that going to do with $500,000? He'd probably try to find another filly like her.

Add in the factor that he lost his wife...he's clearly lonely and the filly probably provides a sense of comfort and friendship that can't be replaced.

And it's not like she isn't earning any money for him, because she is.

Money, you nailed it! Lisa is Tim's Seabiscuit. She just turned his world upside down and sent a jolt of life through his veins. The guy is probably on cloud nine. I know I would be. I wish them both a prosperous and exciting future. Keep the Cinderella story going..the game needs it and so do we.

P.S. Before anybody starts posting, I am not comparing her to Seabiscuit!!!!!

Grits
08-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Sometimes, we read, and our eyes water. I'll come back in the body of a horse, she promised, dying.

And she has. Lisa flew around the racetrack yesterday at Saratoga.

We can never fully know the mysteries of life. We're not always meant to know. We only need to know that they do exist. They do happen. Never doubt it. I'm thrilled for this man! Truly thrilled, and sorry that some viewed him as . . . ho hum, another dreamer.

Letswastemoney, this man is not old, he's 56. Harry Aeilo, Lost In The Fog's owner was old--quite old when Fog was running. Well into his 80s.

Tom Keyser wrote this story on Lisa's Boobytrap for the TimesUnion on August 5th.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Filly-fulfills-a-special-role-605144.php

NYRA followed her win yesterday on the front page of the site.

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stories/Loudonville.shtml

lamboguy
08-07-2010, 09:47 AM
the one thing about saratoga this year is that you are getting great story's out of the place.leon blewsowitz winning with a first time starter, of course he will be in the travers stakes, that has been the downfall of his training career, spotting horses over their heads consistantly. yet leon is one of the most fun guys in the racing game for the last 35 years. he does know how to train as good as anyone, and he got alot of war story's from his days as a tug boat operater in maryland bay.

now we have this tim snyder deal with lisa's boobytrap. great story and great job by trainer running against the nuts and bolts guys in saratoga. these are happenings that racing should build on, where the little guy does good. i am sure everyone is rooting for these 2 characters to do well.

leon if you are listening to me, please don't run in the travers and try to find a good 1x up at the spa and give your horse a chance like he deserves. he has to go up against horses that have full 2 year old seasons behind them and many races at 3. with a little patience your horse will be real good at the end of the year and hopefully he will be able to run against older in florida in the winter.

eastie
08-07-2010, 10:00 AM
man she has funny action, she comes home fast though :)

FantasticDan
08-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Her silly lope back to the winner's circle cracks me up :D

thespaah
08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Nice performance by her. Looks like Desmoreaux let her back, let the speed duel develop out (1st quarter 21.5!) and take it on the stretch. Nice performance, 6 length winner.
I was there yesterday. I looked at the PP's before I saw the odds and saw a great angle given the ML of 12-1. Then I see the tote and the horse is 3-5!!!!
I said to my friend "the connections have made a big bet"....If it was sharps money, it wouldn't have shown up until the last flash.
I bet her in my exotics hoping to catch a long shot underneath.
Pretty impressive filly. Great story.

Canarsie
08-07-2010, 11:07 AM
This story would make a great movie :ThmbUp:

For once I give a big THANK YOU to TVG for runing this story and letting tens of thousands know about her. :jump:

joanied
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Indeed...a wonderful story...all I can hope for is that she keeps winning because this man deserves every bit of glory she gives him...what an inspirational, heartwarming story...stuff like this needs to be on the front pages...it's something the general public, the casual fan should know about.

I love this:jump:

FantasticDan
08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Awesome series of photos of LBT and Tim Snyder @ Saratoga by Barbara Livingston :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

http://barbaradlivingston.photoshelter.com/gallery/Lisas-Booby-Trap-lovely-Finger-Lakes-based-stakes-winner-and-a-great-story/G00007LTs6zd93K4/

joanied
08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Awesome series of photos of LBT and Tim Snyder @ Saratoga by Barbara Livingston :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

http://barbaradlivingston.photoshelter.com/gallery/Lisas-Booby-Trap-lovely-Finger-Lakes-based-stakes-winner-and-a-great-story/G00007LTs6zd93K4/

THANKS :ThmbUp: for posting these pics...I looked at every one...I love seeing kent D lovin' on her, Tim Snyder has a very kind face, he has to be a gentle man, and Lisa is a beautiful mare with a gorgeous head...I hope after her race career is over, she produces some winning foals for Tim...for now, I wish every race she runs in is a winning one.
One of my mares has a blind eye (in fact, the eye is just barely there anymore)...and beleive me, she doesn't miss a thing...horses are amazing, resilient animals!!
What a fabulous story:jump:

TheBid9
08-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks so much for the photos, Dan. Nice "cresty" neck on the filly, indicates
strength. Kent seems to fit her well. GO TEAM LISA!!!!

WJ47
08-09-2010, 07:47 PM
I love the photos! I think its such a cute story; Tim Snyder obviously loves his filly so much. I bet he sits by her for hours each day! Alot of people are spiritual about souls of dead relatives and animals. My neighbor won't kill a fly because she worries that it may be the reincarnation of one of her dead relatives! And she's not a wacko; she has a real high up job with the Board of Education.

I really enjoyed seeing Kent give the filly so much love after the race. I've never really thought that Kent actually liked the horses; maybe I've misjudged him.

I hope Lisa's Booby Trap wins many more races for her owner! :)

classhandicapper
08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Horses with records like these are the toughest ones for me evaluate. I had no idea how she was going to run Friday. When a horse dominates weaker and then moves up sharply in class, one of two things usually happens.

1. The horse gets exposed as not having deep reserves and was simply winning big and running fast due to the soft trips against such weak opponents.

2. The horse reveals it had deeper reserves and could actually run a lot faster if forced to press/chase a faster pace against higher quality competition.

That looked like a very nice performance, though I'm still trying to evaluate it. The pace was obviously very fast and softened up some of the front runners, but she did make a nice wide move and draw off.

I didn't get to see all the races that day because I was on the road.

Did anyone feel that the rail was NOT the best place to be that day?

FantasticDan
08-18-2010, 05:03 PM
LBT to the turf:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2010/August/18/Snyder-considering-several-Saratoga-stakes-for-Lisas-Booby-Trap.aspx

Also, Dateline NBC will reportedly be doing a feature on her:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38731694

sonnyp
08-18-2010, 06:31 PM
man she has funny action, she comes home fast though :)

her trainer has been around broken down cripples his whole life. i have friends that know him well from days at finger lakes.

the filly has a front leg that's slightly shorter than the other. tim did something no "big shot" trainer would ever do. he took a shot and put a hind shoe with wedged heels on the short leg to build it up and balance her.

here she came...traveling funny....but traveling fast.

he's a good guy and good for him...great story.

trackrat59
08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
This is truly a great story. No one could ever make this stuff up.

Think about it. He names the horse after his wife who died of ovarian cancer and his favorite strip club. This alone I find interesting. Lets not forget the horse is blind in one eye and has a club foot. Then as this story is unfolding someone offers him 1/2 a million for the horse. And, the horse is undefeated. Plus, the wife said she was coming back as a horse. Now all the fans are screaming and cheering for him. What did I miss?

I saw LBT win at Saratoga. I was standing at the winners circle. You can look at his face and tell he's been around the block and back. When he talks about his wife during interviews the love he still has for her shows in his eyes and words.

This is the best story to come out of racing in a long time. God bless Tim Snyder. I hope he goes all the way with this horse.

pandy
08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree that she runs a bit wobbly, but horses that win easily like that several time in a row are often much faster than form, especially big fillies like her. I wish them the best, great story.

tbwinner
08-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Should be nice to see her in the Riskaverse.

Just saw Daily News did another writeup on her and Tim Snyder. Now they say he was just offered $1 million for her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/08/22/2010-08-22_undefeated_lisas_booby_trap_keeps_winning_after _ownertrainer_tim_snyder_turns_do.html

Looks like he's expanding too per the article. He now owns Saratogaatseventy.

FantasticDan
08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Entries for THU's Riskaverse are out:

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/SAR090210USA-EQB.html#RACE9

Can someone tell me why both the 4th and 9th race are listed as the Riskaverse? :confused:

RXB
08-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Looks like it was heavily oversubscribed so they had to split it into divisions.

FantasticDan
08-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Huh! I thought that might be it, but I'd never seen it before..

EDIT: NYRA release confirms Riskaverse split into divisions:

http://nyra.com/saratoga/stories/RiskaverseAdv.shtml

JustRalph
08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
These Google Ads kill me

why in this thread? I think it's contact lenses............

joanied
08-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm gonna have all my fingers crossed...my toes too, that LBT can bring more happiness to Mr. Snyder on Thurs. Maybe his wife's spirit will be sitting behind Kent and help her namesake win another race:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Go, Lisa, GO:jump:

sonnyp
04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
i know a guy that knows the owner/trainer personally but hasn't heard anything about her all winter.

i saw finger lakes was re-opened, made me think of her. anybody heard or seen anything an or about her ?

cj
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
These Google Ads kill me

why in this thread? I think it's contact lenses............

Hey, that is the kind I wear!

sonnyp
04-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey, that is the kind I wear!

huh ?? i don't understand the answer (i know i'm not too bright)

FantasticDan
04-22-2011, 11:42 PM
i know a guy that knows the owner/trainer personally but hasn't heard anything about her all winter. i saw finger lakes was re-opened, made me think of her. anybody heard or seen anything an or about her?There's been nothing. On her Facebook page, whoever ran it said in December she was doing great - but nothing since. Then a couple weeks ago, her FB page disappeared. More and more FB fans were inquiring about her, so I don't take it as a great sign that her page disappeared just as FL was readying to open.

Hopefully she's okay, and maybe we'll see some workouts soon.. :ThmbUp:

cj
04-23-2011, 01:41 AM
huh ?? i don't understand the answer (i know i'm not too bright)

I quoted Ralph, see his post before yours.

nijinski
04-23-2011, 04:34 AM
There's been nothing. On her Facebook page, whoever ran it said in December she was doing great - but nothing since. Then a couple weeks ago, her FB page disappeared. More and more FB fans were inquiring about her, so I don't take it as a great sign that her page disappeared just as FL was readying to open.

Hopefully she's okay, and maybe we'll see some workouts soon.. :ThmbUp:

You have to wonder how long this amazing filly can go on like that . The blind eye I've known horses to manage with , but the club foot concerns me and there is a past article out there mentioning a problem ankle. Which one I don't know.

Snyder tried her on grass thinking it would be easier for her feet so she may
be dealing with real soundness issues or I'm reading to much into that grass
entry and what he said.
After her second consecutive loss , the last one an allowance in FL it was reported he was likely to send her to Syracuse to his Mother in Law's farm , guess that's where she was laid off this winter.

I also would love to hear some good news about her soon.

bushwick
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
She returned to FL about a week ago. Has been walking each day. Trainer is having health problems and cant physically do the work he did last year. This filly may be in for a long year. He has two other horses that demand his attention also hopefully we will see her under tack soon.

FantasticDan
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the update. I wish both trainer and mare luck.. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
05-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Lisa's first workout back today.. nice opening move

Lisa's Booby Trap
Date: May 6, 2011
Track: Finger Lakes
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 35:60
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Shelby
05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Lisa is entered on May 31 at Finger Lakes race 8.

Mineshaft
05-28-2011, 12:25 PM
first work was May 5th and now shes entered

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sonnyp
05-28-2011, 12:46 PM
first work was May 5th and now shes entered

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i thought exactly the same thing. that was fast. no sense training...just put em in

Mineshaft
05-28-2011, 12:53 PM
thye horse could of been training at a training center and working but not getting any official works there. Thats the only thing i can think of.

sonnyp
05-28-2011, 12:58 PM
thye horse could of been training at a training center and working but not getting any official works there. Thats the only thing i can think of.

she's got problems, maybe he thought just get a couple works and put her in.

anybody know what class and distance ?

Shelby
05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
she's got problems, maybe he thought just get a couple works and put her in.

anybody know what class and distance ?

http://www.equibase.com/images/stablemail.gif

Lisa's Booby Trap (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=8050267&registry=T) is entered on May 31, 2011 at FINGER LAKES.

Full Entries for Race (http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FL053111USA-EQB.html#RACE8) http://www.equibase.com/virtual/buypps.gif (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eebURLAddToCart.cfm?pid=50300&pfn=FL0531f.pdf&exp=06/02/2011&pds=FL%20-%2005/31/2011&var=RACE_DATE=05/31/2011;TRACK_ID=FL;COUNTRY=USA;DAY_EVENING=D;FORMAT= E&sap=VS)

Race: 8 - 4:19 PM EXACTA * TRIFECTA * DAILY DOUBLE (Races 8-9)

ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING $30,000
Purse: $ 19,300. For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Not Won $15,000 Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Restricted In 2011 Or Optional Claiming $30,000. Three Year Olds, 118 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Non-winners Of A Race Since April 30 Allowed2 lbs. A race since March 31 Allowed 4 lbs. Claiming Price $30,000 (Races Where Entered For $25,000 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances). Six Furlongs.

PP Horse A/S Med Claim $ Jockey Wgt Trainer 6 Lisa's Booby Trap (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=8050267&registry=T) 4/F L $ 0 Daniel Morales (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbJockeyInfo.cfm?eID=82352) 120 Timothy E. Snyder (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbTrainerInfo.cfm?eID=14079)

FantasticDan
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Lisa's had published works of 3, 4, and 5F: all bullets. She looks ready to go to me..

picojim
05-28-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-scene-lisas-booby-traps-return

FantasticDan
05-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Lovely Daniella scratched this morning, leaving a 5 horse field and Seasons Wise as Lisa's main threat..

sonnyp
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
free live stream of her race at approx 4:12 est. @

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com/new-york-horse-racing.aspx

sonnyp
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
free live stream of her race at approx 4:12 est. @

http://www.fingerlakesracetrack.com/new-york-horse-racing.aspx

7 mtp, she's 1/9 wow, crazy

FantasticDan
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Nothing like gate trouble when it's 100 degrees out there.. :blush:

Mineshaft
05-31-2011, 04:24 PM
won by 5 1:10.1

tbwinner
05-31-2011, 04:25 PM
She truly showed her old form there...nice win I feel great for this guy. Loved how she came flying at the end. 5 lengths?

duaneok66
05-31-2011, 06:22 PM
great story . . . I hope that the horse can have a great year . . .

classhandicapper
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Beyer 83

castaway01
06-01-2011, 06:55 PM
She truly showed her old form there...nice win I feel great for this guy. Loved how she came flying at the end. 5 lengths?

And beat absolutely nothing at Finger Lakes...yes, quite an accomplishment.

lamboguy
06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
she did beat nothing, but i am happy for the owner trainer because he is up against it in life. i hope this filly wins every race she ever runs. the horse is giving this man will to live. its worth it

Shelby
06-01-2011, 07:46 PM
she did beat nothing, but i am happy for the owner trainer because he is up against it in life. i hope this filly wins every race she ever runs. the horse is giving this man will to live. its worth it

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp: Exactly.

She'll hopefully face a more difficult field and I hope she does just as well. :)

castaway01
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm not rooting against the horse, just didn't understand the whole "SHE'S BACK!" idea.

lamboguy
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
when you race a horse over their heads its very tough to get them back. i have done that a million times. he had her in as easy a spot as he could find to get her confidence back and she passed the test so far.

grant miller
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
my otb in hornell n.y. had at least 30 people there tuesday,(up from the usual 5 ) they were there to see and, bet Lisa. I and 95% of the place bet her pretty hard-there was a buzz in here almost like derby day when we only draw 15 people. Whats wrong with a feel good story? last year we read about lisa and fell in love with it -it pisses me off when people slam her-racing needs more true rags to riches stories like this!

letswastemoney
06-03-2011, 03:17 AM
I hope she gets entered in a spot she can't win. She's a bettor's dream because everyone gets so emotionally attached to her, that there's no way there will ever be fair odds on LBT. She just needs to be placed in a graded stakes race, and I'll have my money ready to play the other fillies.

FantasticDan
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Next start on 6/11:

http://www.drf.com/news/lisas-booby-trap-feel-good-story-2010-looks-ahead-after-successful-comeback

theguarantee
06-04-2011, 11:31 AM
I hope she gets entered in a spot she can't win. She's a bettor's dream because everyone gets so emotionally attached to her, that there's no way there will ever be fair odds on LBT. She just needs to be placed in a graded stakes race, and I'll have my money ready to play the other fillies.

Sure have filled your wallet so far betting against her. :rolleyes:

I was on hand for her 3rd at FLX last season, but ended up on a PID shipper that set the pace and I believe finished dead last.

You're probably ultimately right, but wasn't she a pretty good price in that 6F allowance she crushed in at the Spa last year? (could be completely wrong on her price, memory is fuzzy, I recall passing on the race).

Regardless, she isn't that likely to show up in that big of a spot where there will be a ton of sentimental money on her will she? Most people who bet any type of real money do it with their wallets, not their hearts. Hell, I went to FLX that day to watch her but after watching in the paddock I went to the window with nervous excitement thinking she was primed to be beat.

FantasticDan
06-04-2011, 11:43 AM
You're probably ultimately right, but wasn't she a pretty good price in that 6F allowance she crushed in at the Spa last year? (could be completely wrong on her price, memory is fuzzy, I recall passing on the race).She went off as the 3/2 fave in the 6F Loudonville.. the morning line had her at 12/1..

theguarantee
06-04-2011, 11:50 AM
^ty, lol...ok point made

FantasticDan
06-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, as a Finger Lakes guy and a big fan of hers (and a chalk-hater), I was looking forward to her going off at something in the 7/1 range in the Loudonville.. I was pretty steamed when she opened up at 1/4..

Shelby
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.equibase.com/images/stablemail.gif

Lisa's Booby Trap (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=8050267&registry=T) is entered on June 11, 2011 at FINGER LAKES.

Full Entries for Race (http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FL061111USA-EQB.html#RACE8) http://www.equibase.com/virtual/buypps.gif (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eebURLAddToCart.cfm?pid=50300&pfn=FL0611f.pdf&exp=06/13/2011&pds=FL%20-%2006/11/2011&var=RACE_DATE=06/11/2011;TRACK_ID=FL;COUNTRY=USA;DAY_EVENING=D;FORMAT= E&sap=VS)

Race: 8 - 4:19 PM EXACTA * TRIFECTA * DAILY DOUBLE (Races 8-9)

ALLOWANCE
Purse: $ 25,000. For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward. Three Year Olds, 119 Lbs.; Older, 124 Lbs. Non-winners Of $15,000 In 2011 Allowed 3 Lbs. Non-winners Of Two Races Since May 11 Allowed 5 Lbs. A Race Since Then Allowed 7 Lbs. A Race In 2011 Allowed 9 Lbs.(Races where entered for $20,000 or less not considered in allowances) (2 lbs. additional for each Stake won in 2011). Six Furlongs.

PP Horse A/S Med Jockey Wgt Trainer 6 Lisa's Booby Trap (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=8050267&registry=T) 4/F L Daniel Morales (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbJockeyInfo.cfm?eID=82352) 119 Timothy E. Snyder (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbTrainerInfo.cfm?eID=14079)

FantasticDan
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
She'll have her hands full with Bob's Dylan. BD beat LBT handily back in September which led to LBT's long layoff, and she's a FL win machine..

onefast99
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Sure have filled your wallet so far betting against her. :rolleyes:

I was on hand for her 3rd at FLX last season, but ended up on a PID shipper that set the pace and I believe finished dead last.

You're probably ultimately right, but wasn't she a pretty good price in that 6F allowance she crushed in at the Spa last year? (could be completely wrong on her price, memory is fuzzy, I recall passing on the race).

Regardless, she isn't that likely to show up in that big of a spot where there will be a ton of sentimental money on her will she? Most people who bet any type of real money do it with their wallets, not their hearts. Hell, I went to FLX that day to watch her but after watching in the paddock I went to the window with nervous excitement thinking she was primed to be beat.
What did you see in the paddock?

theguarantee
06-09-2011, 11:14 AM
She reared up a few times....she definitely towered over the others, Bob's Dylan included, in physical stature...but just seemed agitated the whole time. The trainer of the horse from PID (I think it was FLX-PID back to FLX) was talking to some guy and I heard he said he felt the horse didn't like the PID surface. Then one of the jockeys there that wasn't in the race, upstairs, was telling a guy "this horse didn't like it at Presque Isle"

I was already interested in that horse, but had decided against betting it until I overheard the jock, that sent me to the window....set the pace and really faded lol.

jognlope
06-11-2011, 05:02 PM
3rd in today at FL.

FantasticDan
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I had never heard of the shipper winner, but when I saw her Beyers in the form this morning, obviously she was a major player. She ran away from the field after a slow pace, and LBT had nothing much to offer turning for home..

picojim
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
just romped at Finger Lakes

FantasticDan
07-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Yep, nice effort and time. And a positive jock change didn't hurt.. :ThmbUp:

Now it's back to Saratoga, and hopefully she'll bring her "A" game..

Shelby
07-11-2011, 06:34 PM
:ThmbUp::):):ThmbUp: Good to hear she's kicking butt again!

RXB
07-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Yep, nice effort and time. And a positive jock change didn't hurt.. :ThmbUp:

Now it's back to Saratoga, and hopefully she'll bring her "A" game..

I get a 93 for today's race, with the pace at basically the same level.

The Union Avenue on Aug 22 looks like the only legit stakes chance for her at Saratoga. Everything else is wrong class/wrong distance/wrong surface. Maybe there'll be a classified condition in the interim that fits.

RXB
07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
And now I have to correct myself because I just noticed that the Union Ave is a NY-bred race, so she's not even eligible.

FantasticDan
07-11-2011, 09:55 PM
The $75K Rachel Alexandra on Aug 1st looks like a good spot.. she should handle the 7F..

RXB
07-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Yes, it's a conditioned race (2011 graded winners ineligible) so it's probably the best chance for her.

FantasticDan
07-11-2011, 10:21 PM
The $150K G2 Honorable Miss on 8/7 is also something to point to, if they're feeling bold.. ;)

Bluto Blutarsky
07-12-2011, 07:13 AM
The $75K Rachel Alexandra on Aug 1st looks like a good spot.. she should handle the 7F..

Where is this race being run at?

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Saratoga.

cj
07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
The $150K G2 Honorable Miss on 8/7 is also something to point to, if they're feeling bold.. ;)

If they want the horse to get buried, sure.

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
If they want the horse to get buried, sure.

Last year's winning time in the Honorable Miss was 1:09.82 over a fast track. In 2009 it was 1:10.70. 2008 it was 1:09.98. Fast tracks.

LBT won the Loudonville last year in 1:09.64. Yesterday's time was 1:09.72.

When she's on her game, obviously the HM would not be over her head.

thespaah
07-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Last year's winning time in the Honorable Miss was 1:09.82 over a fast track. In 2009 it was 1:10.70. 2008 it was 1:09.98. Fast tracks.

Time of race is relative to the competitors in a race on a particular day.
Many times I have seen where a horse came off a nice performance in a fast time. The connections elect to enter that same horse against better company that have been running typically slower times.
On race day the horse in question gets trounced.....In a slower time than his last race which was the win that got him there in the first place.

thespaah
07-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I look at LBT as one of these very useful race horses that can beat good quality allowance horses. These types run out of conditions. The connection must then look for overnight stakes or higher classed starter allowances. Nine times out of ten, the LBT type struggles against these.
LBT is a "tweener".

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have her Beyer from yesterday? I'm gonna assume around an 88?

It's just tough to tell "what kind" of horse she really is. She's a big, talented, and fast filly that's become inconsistent. Not all that surprising given her physical issues, as well as the issues with her owner/trainer.

RXB
07-12-2011, 10:11 PM
The official Beyer is 95. I have it at 93.

cj
07-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Raw times mean little in this game. If they did, every great horse would come from Emerald Downs. She will have no shot at all in a G2.

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
She will have no shot at all in a G2.Why not? Do her times or top Beyers not put her on the level of those likely to enter a G2 for F&M?

All I'm saying is that on one of her good days she'd be competitive in such a race. Seems a reasonable conclusion.

cj
07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Why not? Do her times or top Beyers not put her on the level of those likely to enter a G2 for F&M?

All I'm saying is that on one of her good days she'd be competitive in such a race. Seems a reasonable conclusion.

I guess we'll see. I don't think she will be, and she will most definitely be overbet in any case as she always is.

FantasticDan
07-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh, no question she'll be overbet. She could be 15-1 on the ML and would likely go off at even money.. :D

It will be interesting to see which way Snyder goes.. a nice Allowance or the Rachel would be more likely spots, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes that big swing for the Honorable Miss. It's not like he's had, or ever will have an opportunity like this again.

skipaway100
07-13-2011, 01:39 AM
I agree she'll be overbet, but daily variant aside, Finger Lakes plays a few clicks slower than Saratoga on average.

skipaway100
07-13-2011, 01:57 AM
According to my data (it's possible I'm missing a few races), that's only the 3rd clocking below 1:10 in the past 18 months at Finger Lakes. Gold For The Queen (1:09.89) and Smokin Hero (1:09.95).

cj
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
According to my data (it's possible I'm missing a few races), that's only the 3rd clocking below 1:10 in the past 18 months at Finger Lakes. Gold For The Queen (1:09.89) and Smokin Hero (1:09.95).

Is that really news? Most of the horses there are not very good, to be nice.

thespaah
07-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Raw times mean little in this game. If they did, every great horse would come from Emerald Downs. She will have no shot at all in a G2.
Thank you. I thought I was cuckoo for being the only one to mention this fact.
Thing is, this applies even in races at the same track.

thespaah
07-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Oh, no question she'll be overbet. She could be 15-1 on the ML and would likely go off at even money.. :D

It will be interesting to see which way Snyder goes.. a nice Allowance or the Rachel would be more likely spots, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes that big swing for the Honorable Miss. It's not like he's had, or ever will have an opportunity like this again.
Same thing last year. As a matter of fact, I think the ML was 15-1...The horse got hammered to I think 8-5 in the first few minutes of betting.
LBT will not be a value play. It's just a good story.

Rise Over Run
07-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Same thing last year. As a matter of fact, I think the ML was 15-1...The horse got hammered to I think 8-5 in the first few minutes of betting.
LBT will not be a value play. It's just a good story.

There was crazy wagering in that race, but the asinine stuff didn't happen until the Riskaverse a few weeks later on the turf. Pretty sure she was less than 2-1 and ended up dead last (maybe she beat 1 horse). Call it a redboard, but I pounded Queen of the Creek 7 ways to Sunday in that one.

RXB
07-13-2011, 09:57 PM
abWsLk9-LV4

It's a hard heart that isn't moved at least a little by this.

P.S., she is one big strapping filly. Gotta be about 17 hands.

FantasticDan
07-14-2011, 12:14 AM
She's actually more than 17 hands, according to this article from last summer.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-08-22/sports/29438822_1_filly-race-track-book-deals

I don't doubt it. She always looks like the big mama of all the other girls in the paddock.. :D

FantasticDan
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
The $75K Rachel Alexandra on Aug 1st looks like a good spot.. she should handle the 7F..Confirmed for the Rachel..

If she wins and comes out well, the Ballerina on 8/27 is the next target.

skipaway100
07-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Is that really news? Most of the horses there are not very good, to be nice.

Adjusted for class, it's still a slower track than Saratoga.

thespaah
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
There was crazy wagering in that race, but the asinine stuff didn't happen until the Riskaverse a few weeks later on the turf. Pretty sure she was less than 2-1 and ended up dead last (maybe she beat 1 horse). Call it a redboard, but I pounded Queen of the Creek 7 ways to Sunday in that one.No kidding!
I ignored LBT as a contender( on turf).
I threw her in a couple supers for giggles. I hit that race myself.
Even though I wanted her to do well, I was convinced she was ambitiously placed.

FantasticDan
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
LBT handily worked a 4F bullet this morning in prep for the Rachel on Monday:

Date: July 27, 2011
Track: Saratoga
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 46:22
Track Condition: Wet Fast
Surface: Dirt

FantasticDan
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Lisa-s-Booby-Trap-ready-for-her-encore-1605332.php

letswastemoney
07-27-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.timesunion.com/default/article/Lisa-s-Booby-Trap-ready-for-her-encore-1605332.php
Please let there be real competition in that race...

FantasticDan
07-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Surprisingly, LBT made the 5/2 ML fave..

DRF picks up the story again:

http://www.drf.com/news/saratoga-lisas-booby-trap-adds-spice-mondays-card

cj
07-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Looking at the field it isn't really surprising she is the ML choice. She could win this race.

FantasticDan
07-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I figured she would be more like 5-1..

Shelby
08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm excited to see Lisa today. I hope she does well. :)

Rapid Grey
08-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I figured she would be more like 5-1..

I agree, she'll probably be those odds by post-time. Decelerator and Buckleupbuttercup figure to be the favorites.

The race does set up well for LB though, not a whole lot of speed and she drew an inside post. Their best bet is play catch me if you can imo.

letswastemoney
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I agree, she'll probably be those odds by post-time. Decelerator and Buckleupbuttercup figure to be the favorites.

The race does set up well for LB though, not a whole lot of speed and she drew an inside post. Their best bet is play catch me if you can imo.
I'd be shocked if LBT wasn't the post time favorite.

letswastemoney
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I'd be shocked if LBT wasn't the post time favorite.
Okay I admit I'm surprised. Buckleupbuttercup seems to be taking the most money. LBT currently 3/1.

picojim
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
the 5 will be the favorite..according to the exotic payoffs (pick 3,dd)

outofthebox
08-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Half the field walking at the wire. Back to the speed favoring track of FL for LBT.

Shelby
08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
:( Did she get hurt? Did she even finish?

trackrat59
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
:( Did she get hurt? Did she even finish?

Looks like she pulled up. I hope she's ok. :confused: If anyone knows please post.

outofthebox
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Carrying her head high and cocked sideways the whole way. Yes, hope she pulls up ok. Perhaps that very fast blowout took its toll?

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Looks like she pulled up. I hope she's ok. :confused: If anyone knows please post.

i don't think the jock thought there was anything wrong with her physically. it looked like she was trying to bolt. he hit her a couple times after she started to act up and he rode her thru the wire.

cj
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Confirmed for the Rachel..

If she wins and comes out well, the Ballerina on 8/27 is the next target.

Hopefully that puts an end to that silly talk.

trackrat59
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
i don't think the jock thought there was anything wrong with her physically. it looked like she was trying to bolt. he hit her a couple times after she started to act up and he rode her thru the wire.

Well that's good that she crossed the wire.

Irish Boy
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe they can go back and sell her for half a million now.

bushwick
08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
The jockey held her back from winning like the trainer said the last jockey did.

Shelby
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I truly hope she's ok. She started out so great in the beginning of the race, I thought she was home free.

No way would he sell her. She's a good horse.

Irish Boy
08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I truly hope she's ok. She started out so great in the beginning of the race, I thought she was home free.

I'd sell my wife for $500K. And I love my wife, usually.

Shelby
08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd sell my wife for $500K. And I love my wife, usually.

Your wife would probably take way less to get rid of you. ;)

Beachbabe
08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Maybe after that fiasco, they'll name a different race after Rachel.

FantasticDan
08-01-2011, 06:35 PM
As I said earlier in this thread, she's a talented filly, but you never know what you're gonna get at this point. You want to see her race the race she's capable of, and a result like this just leaves you disappointed and scratching your head.

FantasticDan
08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Comments:

http://blog.timesunion.com/horseracing/lisas-booby-trap-last-in-spa-return/7818/

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
As I said earlier in this thread, she's a talented filly, but you never know what you're gonna get at this point. You want to see her race the race she's capable of, and a result like this just leaves you disappointed and scratching your head.

once a filly starts pulling the stuff she did today, it's real tough to get them headed in the right direction.

i think she's saying she's had enough.

classhandicapper
08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
She's a pretty fast mare, but IMO she doesn't have the reserves/quality to take high quality competitive heat and then keep running a fast final time. She needs an easy lead, a soft spot, a bias, or great trip to win a decent quality race. In her win last year there was a duel in front of her and she closed quite well in a decent field. So she IS (or was) capable. She didn't look too good today though.

OntheRail
08-01-2011, 07:31 PM
I think the track was funky for the whole day. Bet the race and had to run when I came back I checked results. I feared the worst that a BD happened.
3- Decelerator , 5 - Buckleupbuttercup , 2 - Lisa's Booby Trap not one hitting the board. Then checked the balance of the card bomb after bomb all day long.
Congrats to anyone that hit today at Toga.

But I'm happy that none of my fears came to be. I hope she and the others are fine. She's a nice horse and has done things that many thought she could not... I doubt Snyder sell's her. She's firmly entrenched in his heart... he could not look her in the eye and send her limping down the row. ;)

Watched replay look like the track was deep.

thespaah
08-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Racing stock like other return on investment properties are commodities.
The fact that she is a good is the BEST REASON to sell!

thespaah
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Chart comment says "bore out, eased , walked off.
Looked at both the Pan and the Head on shots.
The head on showed it best. LBT started throwing her head around 3 furlongs in. Rider started taking her back then up and out around the far turn.

onefast99
08-01-2011, 09:50 PM
To some yes, to this trainer no.

FantasticDan
08-01-2011, 11:45 PM
This was posted on LBT's facebook page tonite:

Lisa is ok! Thank you for all of the concern, this was not Jockey error he actually did exactly what was needed to keep Lisa safe. She had a sore in her mouth from previous dental work that was thought to have been healed, he was not able to control her when she was bumped so he decided to pull her back to keep her from getting hurt. Although the outcome is not exactly what everyone was hoping for, the important thing is she is safe in the barn tonight and will be able to run again. We will keep you posted, again thank you for all of the support!!!
-------

Just an aside thought.. LBT is used to running in short fields - most of her races have been in fields of 6; last year's turf debacle was against the largest field she'd ever been in (10), and today's race (8) was the 2nd largest. Maybe with her blind eye and temperament, she reacts badly to a lot of company or bumping, especially if she can't see it..

sonnyp
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
she sure acted like a horse with a sore mouth, throwing her head and running out like that.

it's a very disappointing day for them i'm sure, shipping to saratoga and all and to have that performance.

PaceAdvantage
08-02-2011, 04:38 AM
she sure acted like a horse with a sore mouth, throwing her head and running out like that.

it's a very disappointing day for them i'm sure, shipping to saratoga and all and to have that performance.So does this mean you're backtracking on the following?once a filly starts pulling the stuff she did today, it's real tough to get them headed in the right direction.

i think she's saying she's had enough.Armchair training can get you in a lot of trouble when you don't know the whole story.

Good thing you don't have final say! :lol:

pandy
08-02-2011, 07:05 AM
That's good news. I think she'll win again.

OTM Al
08-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Nice story I guess, but I don't get all the analysing of this. This horse was just about the least likely to win in the whole race. Running fractions like that in a 7f race all but insured it. She's a decent horse I guess as she's won a lot more times than most, but this isn't an open stakes quality horse, at least at anything beyond 6f. No matter what people wish to be, she just isn't good enough.

thespaah
08-02-2011, 09:50 AM
I used to work with standardbreds. So I have some knowledge in this area.
Sore horses will move AWAY from pain. This is indicated by drifting in or out as the horse travels. I've seen horses "dig their toes in" due to acute soreness.
They do that because they just do not want to work.
Throwing the head about is a sign of severe pain.
Perhaps the trainer missed the soreness in LBT's mouth. It happens. Horses can't verbally communicate "this damn thing is killing me".
Glad to see the horse is ok though.

FantasticDan
08-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Jock comments from:

http://saratogian.com/articles/2011/08/01/sports/doc4e374da9a9a91340887908.txt

"She was getting out the whole way and she's a filly with a bad mouth. I thought if I could put my hands down, she might straighten out, but when I put my hands down, she went to bolt. I had to fight with her the whole way. She never ran straight."

Shelby
08-02-2011, 12:23 PM

Maybe for some, but, IMO, not Mr. Snyder.

Shelby
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Poor horse. I know very well how bad a tooth can hurt. It's good to know that's all it was. Hope she heals quickly and we get to see her race again.

FantasticDan
09-30-2011, 10:43 AM
LBT is back SAT at Finger Lakes in an allowance against the boys, a first for her.

After the SAR trouble her tab was quiet for six weeks, and she's had a couple works in the last 10 days. Hard to guess how together she is at this point.

Tom
09-30-2011, 11:02 AM
The boys, huh?
Must be following Rachel's path to HOY.

Linny
09-30-2011, 01:12 PM
She in against Toque and Ricoriatoa. No easy field at the f'Lakes.

FantasticDan
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Yeah, she'll have to bring her A game to have a shot.

70% chance of rain, look for her to scratch if the track goes muddy or sloppy.

FantasticDan
10-01-2011, 04:19 PM
A-game Lisa showed up and liked her first trip over the slop.. a nice win :ThmbUp:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/FL100111USA7.pdf

cj
10-01-2011, 04:21 PM
A-game Lisa showed up and liked her first trip over the slop.. a nice win :ThmbUp:

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/FL100111USA7.pdf

That was a nice win.

FantasticDan
10-02-2011, 11:25 AM
GeA_PSnMPKg

Tom
10-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Nice!

FantasticDan
10-15-2011, 11:22 AM
LBT back at it against the boys today.. rematch with Ricoriatoa, and she'll also have to deal with Ryan's Gift, who's had an excellent season at FL and Presque Isle..

8th race:
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FL101511USA-EQB.html

Shelby
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
LBT back at it against the boys today.. rematch with Ricoriatoa, and she'll also have to deal with Ryan's Gift, who's had an excellent season at FL and Presque Isle..

8th race:
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FL101511USA-EQB.html

Thanks for the heads up!

Tom
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Wire to wire in the mud.

5-2

Shelby
10-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I tell you what, that horse has a lot of heart.

FantasticDan
10-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Yep, another fine effort.. very similar to her score two weeks ago. What was the Beyer from that race? I imagine this figure will be similar. She's caught two of the sloppiest, nastiest days of the meet.. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Lisa's back today vs her fellow fillies on a fast track in a literal three horse race.. three from the original field of six scratched this morning.

8th race:

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/FL110711USA-EQB.html

tbwinner
11-07-2011, 01:24 PM
What a bogus condition. Written for her I'd think.

ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING $8,000

Purse $16,100. For Fillies And Mares Three Years Old And Upward Which Have Never Won Two State Bred Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Or Starter Or Optional Claiming $8,000.

RXB
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Usually when they write those "never won x state-bred races" conditions it's for a race restricted to NY-breds only. Perhaps they just made an omission error in the race condition and didn't realize it until the entries started coming in? Notice that it's the three NY-breds that scratched out; the three Fla/Ky/Pa breds are running.

tbwinner
11-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Usually when they write those "never won x state-bred races" conditions it's for a race restricted to NY-breds only. Perhaps they just made an omission error in the race condition and didn't realize it until the entries started coming in? Notice that it's the three NY-breds that scratched out; the three Fla/Ky/Pa breds are running.

Right I think I've only seen conditions like this at Presque Isle Downs...where they write things like $7,500 claimers who haven't won more than $20,000 in 4 races, etc....

You don't see those really anywhere else.

lamboguy
11-07-2011, 02:15 PM
the second best horse stayed in the race and still can't beat her. she will pay $2.10 for those guys that bet against bridgjumpers. i am playing her and have no problem with the $2.10 and the rebate

FantasticDan
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
You got $2.70! :jump: :D

lamboguy
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
better than breeders cup!

Shelby
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
She was named top horse of FL's 2011 meet. :ThmbUp:

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-lisas-booby-trap-top-horse-2011-season

jefftune
05-14-2012, 09:01 PM
She makes her 2012 debut at PID in the 5th race, Tues. May 15.

JustRalph
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
She makes her 2012 debut at PID in the 5th race, Tues. May 15.

What class level?

RXB
05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
What class level?

Unconditioned female allowance, 53k purse, five furlongs.

JustRalph
05-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Unconditioned female allowance, 53k purse, five furlongs.

Thnx!

FantasticDan
05-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Yep, Lisa has joined the ranks of many of the better Finger Lakes horses, and hopped the shuttle down to the greener ($$) pastures of Presque Isle..

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbRaceEntriesDisplay.cfm?TRK=PID&CY=USA&DATE=05/15/2012&STYLE=EQB#RACE5

Her first try on a synthetic surface.. should be interesting. Go, LBT! :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
05-15-2012, 07:27 PM
LBT ran a fine race to be second at PID today.
Running on tapeta for the first time, she was beaten just over a length, and went off close to even money. Not a bad first run for 2012. :ThmbUp:

Shelby
06-16-2012, 02:36 PM
She's running today. :)

Race 8 Finger Lakes

1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up | ALLOWANCE | Purse: $25,000 EXACTA * TRIFECTA * SUPERFECTA * DAILY DOUBLE (Races 8-9)
# PP HORSE JOCKEY TRAINER CLAIM $ EQUIP. MED. 1 1 Hurling
ML: 5-1 D. Carr
119 Lbs D. Conway, Jr. - L 2 2 Gold Ghost
ML: 6-1 R. Ignacio
119 Lbs M. Ferraro - L 3 3 Copper Forest
ML: 5-1 J. Rohena
115 Lbs C. Baker - L 4 4 Lisa's Booby Trap
ML: 8-5 O. Gomez
110 Lbs T. Snyder - L 5 5 Too Tough Pete
ML: 8-1 P. Rodriguez
117 Lbs J. Salvato - L 6 6 Winners Laugh
ML: 7-2 J. Rodriguez
115 Lbs M. Ferraro - L

tzipi
06-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Not going to win when you push the horse way to fast to run with longshot Too Tough Pete, who was going nowhere. Bad move. Was rootin for her ;)

FantasticDan
02-14-2013, 04:19 PM
BUMP

Lisa and Tim Snyder's story, coming in May to a bookstore near you. Or in this case Amazon, since bookstores don't exist anymore :p

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0312643322/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_LoRgrb0XN3D36

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nQjgzUJQL._SY300_.jpg

:ThmbUp:

Ocala Mike
02-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Thanks for posting that; will be putting my order in.

Shelby
02-15-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm so excited!!!

FantasticDan
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
She was definitely a "ghost horse" last year, in that she made three non-winning starts in the late spring, then up and disappeared for the rest of the year. Hopefully the book will cover what happened, there was never an update to her Facebook page. I know Snyder has had health problems, lots of folks wishing him well after surgery...

FantasticDan
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM
BUMP

LBT makes her 2013 debut today at Finger Lakes:

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-lisa%E2%80%99s-booby-trap-nicole%E2%80%99s-miss-el-take-boys-tuesday-allowance

Here's hoping for a healthier and more successful season than last year.. :ThmbUp:

Today is also the release date of the book about her and Snyder:

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Horse-Story-Death-Redemption/dp/0312643322/

FantasticDan
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Prancing up a storm in the paddock and post parade :rolleyes:

Nice showing first time out.. easy win, good time :ThmbUp:

thespaah
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Prancing up a storm in the paddock and post parade :rolleyes:

Nice showing first time out.. easy win, good time :ThmbUp:
Looks like what I refer to as a 'parimutuel workout'.

mannyberrios
05-07-2013, 09:25 PM
She looked good today

FantasticDan
05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Lisa being pointed to the $100K Satin and Lace Stakes at Presque Isle on June 9. Lisa tried the Tapeta in the spring of last year and seemed to take to it pretty well, finishing 2nd and 3rd. I didn't think she had her usual late kick on the stuff, but she was sidelined for the year a few weeks later, so who knows what was up.

I read the book about her and Snyder last week (see earlier posts), and I would really recommend it to folks. The book concentrates mainly on Snyder's life, which has been decades of constantly moving from state to state, coast to coast, and track to track trying to eek out a living doing whatever job he could find, all the while fighting his personal demons.

It also revealed in the epilogue that Snyder himself is now facing an uphill battle vs pervasive cancer.. all the more tragic after what his wife endured..

FantasticDan
06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Joe Layden talks about his book and LBT in his NY Times blog:

http://therail.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/05/the-rail-bookshelf-a-fillys-growing-mystique/

Wish her well in Sunday's race, but she's certainly facing a much better quality of horses (or in this case, mares) than her last Finger Lakes comeback race. And her previous efforts over the synthetic were not up to her dirt best.

I wish the book had touched on more of the issues and injuries (such as the article mentions) she's suffered over the last few yrs, but no details were discussed.

FantasticDan
10-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Looks like Lisa's racing career is over, word is she'll be bred this winter, stud undecided.

Owner/trainer Snyder has been unable to keep her on the track for the last couple years, so this seems like a wise decision. Hope they can secure a good match for her! :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
04-19-2014, 11:43 AM
BUMP

^Snyder has reconsidered, and it looks like LBT will be back on the track as a 7yo. She had her first work today at FL.

She had only three starts in the spring of 2012, then was off for 11 months. She then had two spring starts in 2013, and was gone again until now. If she couldn't be kept sound, seemed like a no-brainer to retire her at 7.

Apparently not.

Shelby
04-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Huh. Well, I don't think he'd run her if she wasn't sound….. I loved rooting for her, so I look forward to seeing her run again. Thanks for the update FantasticDan.

FantasticDan
05-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Dateline NBC originally filmed and intended to air a special on Lisa back in 2010 when her story first broke, but they shelved it after her debacle on the turf, and then several more times as she dealt with her various setbacks over the years.

Dateline was back at Finger Lakes this past week to film some additional footage as 7yo Lisa attempts yet another comeback, and now the special will finally air this Sunday on NBC, 8pm ET.

Both Lisa and her trainer/owner Tim Snyder have had a tough go of it the past couple years. Tune in to hear their story. :ThmbUp:

Mystic
05-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Always been a fan of hers and her story.. Hope she can make it back.

FantasticDan
05-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Quick reminder to anyone interested that the show airs tonite:

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/reporters-notebook-meeting-lisas-booby-trap-n96621

Dateline NBC originally filmed and intended to air a special on Lisa back in 2010 when her story first broke, but they shelved it after her debacle on the turf, and then several more times as she dealt with her various setbacks over the years.

Dateline was back at Finger Lakes this past week to film some additional footage as 7yo Lisa attempts yet another comeback, and now the special will finally air this Sunday on NBC, 8pm ET.

Both Lisa and her trainer/owner Tim Snyder have had a tough go of it the past couple years. Tune in to hear their story. :ThmbUp:

Mystic
05-04-2014, 12:20 PM

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/reporters-notebook-meeting-lisas-booby-trap-n96621

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the reminder :)

BombsAway Bob
05-04-2014, 01:43 PM

thanks, posted link on Twitter.

FantasticDan
02-23-2015, 06:04 PM
BUMP

Just an update for folks who have followed Lisa.. she was bred to Disco Rico last year, but it did not take. Her connections recently reported that they are set to try again, this time with Big Brown.. :ThmbUp:

Also, owner/trainer Tim Snyder recently told Lisa's story on this NPR radio show:

https://soundcloud.com/snapjudgment/the-gift-horse?in=snapjudgment/sets/no-perfect-love

Stillriledup
02-23-2015, 06:07 PM
BUMP

Just an update for folks who have followed Lisa.. she was bred to Disco Rico last year, but it did not take. Her connections recently reported that they are set to try again, this time with Big Brown.. :ThmbUp:

Also, owner/trainer Tim Synder recently told Lisa's story on this NPR radio show:

https://soundcloud.com/snapjudgment/the-gift-horse?in=snapjudgment/sets/no-perfect-love

Names for the BB-Lisa foal?

Big Boobys :D

FantasticDan
02-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Big Boobys :D :ThmbUp: Cross your fingers with the Jockey Club :D

Stillriledup
02-23-2015, 06:32 PM
:ThmbUp: Cross your fingers with the Jockey Club :D

I mean, right? .hopefully they let it thru. :D

thespaah
02-23-2015, 09:52 PM

Big Boobys :D
You are not a well man.. :lol:

thespaah
02-23-2015, 09:53 PM
:ThmbUp: Cross your fingers with the Jockey Club :D
Hey, there was a horse that ran the NYRA circuit called "Bodacious Ta Ta's"
https://www.registry.jockeyclub.com/tjc/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=GENERATE&reference_number=8606703&registry=T&horse_name=&dam_name=&foaling_year=&NICKING_STATS_INDICATOR=Y&sire_reference_number=0&dam_reference_number=0&color=&sex=&hypo_foaling_year=&breeder=
Check out the pedigree of the dam side

FantasticDan
02-22-2016, 01:01 PM
BUMP

Lisa is a mom! She gave birth to a colt by Big Brown just before midnight of Valentine's Day. :)

Lisa is now owned by KatieRich Farms in KY, and that's where the birth took place..

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-obqoYVRPyVM/VstMFVkWxEI/AAAAAAAAATI/gLQLznIhLqs/s512-Ic42/lisafoal.jpg

Fox
02-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Congrats Lisa.

I think the obviously name for the foal has to be Big Booby.

FantasticDan
02-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Congrats Lisa.
I think the obviously name for the foal has to be Big Booby. :ThmbUp:
My second choice would be Booby Brown :D

Saratoga_Mike
02-22-2016, 01:51 PM
:ThmbUp:
My second choice would be Booby Brown :D

Your choice has my vote - well done