PDA

View Full Version : Donate books to soldiers, or get on swap site

WinterTriangle
07-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I finally realized I just have TOO MANY BOOKS, and set about relinquishing some of them. I've probably got well over 800 books right now.:eek: I want to have about 100 tops.

One worthy organization is www.operationpaperback.org (http://www.operationpaperback.org/)
They send paperbacks to soldiers overseas. I'm sure the guys can use something to pass the time! So pack 'em up if they're taking up too much space in your house and donate.

Another option is swapping. I participate on a swap for books, CDs, DVDs and games. I loaded about 50 books on, and it's been like christmas lately.....I need more music, so I'm trading books for CDs. It's working out great. I'll send you an invitation to the site if you pm me.

One good thing about donating and swapping.......your books don't end up in the landfill, and you also don't spend more $ on new stuff. In other words, you save money and "decrease your carbon footprint" as they say nowadays.

I used to donate to my library but some of the books they don't want (they are very small) and some are too fine print to donate to nursing home.

Tom
07-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Good idea.
And, stick a prepaid phone card in it for a book mark.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: