PDA

View Full Version : Nice call by Brad Free

Shacopate
08-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Only pick of the day at Delmar.

Desert Boom 23.00

The guy struggled last year was down about 400 this year, but his 50 win ticket today will get him back to black.

I recommend checking out his analysis for this race. Informative info from a pro in tune with his track.

I usually don't bet touts, but 10-1 gets my attention.

azmike
08-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Shacopate
Only pick of the day at Delmar.

Desert Boom 23.00

I recommend checking out his analysis for this race.

Is there a link to his analysis? I would be interested in reading his thinking.

Thanks.

Shacopate
08-15-2003, 11:14 PM
go to www.drf.com

In the top right corner it says "expanded coverage."

Click on Delmar.

JustRalph
08-16-2003, 01:48 AM
I stopped reading their picks when they posted this in 2002
This is also when I stopped listening to a damn thing anybody else who was a so called professional had to say.

* Note that the Webmaster was the most accurate of the crew

http://www.justralph.com/ky_derby2002.jpg

Shacopate
08-16-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm not defending anyone here.

But the freaking Derby is a tough race to handicap.

I don't listen much to these guys either. But, Free stuck his neck out and it came home at 10-1.

JustRalph
08-16-2003, 03:16 AM

I don't listen much to these guys either. But, Free stuck his neck out and it came home at 10-1.

I get your point. I just have a thing about these guys acting like they are better than the rest of us. They are part of a club that can't be broken. They act as if they are better than others and you are either one of them or you are not. I have had a few dealings with them. They won't even talk to the "little people" there are much better cappers and writers out there that should get half the publicity these wingnuts get. The crap they sell is just that. The DRF makes make me sick.

napoli
08-16-2003, 07:01 AM
I personally know one of them Brian Pochman.

He is a great guy and always willing to give advise here and there.

He is a Saratoga man and I strongly suggest you pay attention to his picks (grass races especially) for Saratoga

blind squirrel
08-16-2003, 08:22 AM
yeah,give the guy credit.he appeared to be going down
in flames this year.i always like to see his analysis at
del mar.this is a perfect example of not getting "rattled"
and staying the course.

rmania
08-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Just read Free’s analysis and I didn’t see him as picking a “diamond in the ruff”.

To begin, he really didn’t pick Desert Boom, he picked an entry the never materialize (i.e., Desert Boom and Patriot Noise). He just happened to mention Desert Boom first. The entry would have consisted of a “rabbit” and a “closer” with Desert Boom seen as the “rabbit”. And this type of recommended play is not out of the ordinary.

He mentioned that if Desert Boom could conserve his energy he could wire the field. I can’t refer to Free as a prophet based on that analysis since all you has to do was look at the 2-back race to see where he indeed wired a field.

As for the odds (10/1 vs. a ML of 6/1), I think the odds would have been substantially lower had the entry mate drew in. And since he didn’t, my guess is that a lot of people simply disregarded is analysis completely.

JustRalph
08-16-2003, 08:12 PM

He picked a 10-1...... so what? I stick my neck out with my own money and pick some much bigger horses and I am nothing special. There are guys on this board that pick 10-1's every day. My point is that the entire racing media ( the small group that it is) is pulling one over on a large majority of players who don't know any better. I don't know the guy personally but the entire racing media (cappers etc) is a fraud on the new player. New players get discouraged and confused by these so called experts and eventually walk away. I think most of them got in the way of my learning the game. The articles that show up on MSNBC.com (Derby Time) every year are a damn joke, most of the time. These guys are getting paid big bucks to write this crap. They are considered experts. I have only been playing about 2.5 years and I have learned more from the guys on this board than the whole damn staff at DRF. That includes the books they put out.
Over the last 2.5 years I have out-capped them in all the Triple Crown races and I am a player with less than three years of experience. I know somebody might pipe up and say that over time they are better. I stopped buying any of their products after I noticed the large majority of their winners were Favs. They rarely stick their neck out. They talk like they are great orbs of knowledge. I prefer the Bloodhorse magazine group....but they are a different breed (That's a joke, Boy!) in my opine if you are a DRF Capper, remember what Momma used to say "You lie Down with Dogs, you get up with Flea's"

Ok.... I jumped down...... this subject really smokes me though
I must get back to work.

napoli
08-17-2003, 09:55 AM
I was lucky yesterday to talk to Brian Pochman yesterday after the 1st leg of the Arlington pick 4 and compare what he liked in the other 3 legs.

We had all the same picks except for the last leg where he had singled Kitchen Kris ( a bomb, that he thought could win)

I went back and played a pick 3 and singled the 7 Kitchen Kris in the 11th.

Kitchen Kris won running away.

I will cash in my pick 3 for $540+ today.

Guys, pay attention to Brian Pochman especially on Turf races.

I love the guy.

He will be giving a seminar at Siro's today and I hope I will talk to him today. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Suff
08-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by napoli
I personally know one of them Brian Pochman.

his picks (grass races especially) for Saratoga

This Guy Pochman... I like quite a bit. The Toga Trip guys will meet him... I know him from My Saratoga Trips...

He's Harveys Paks guest one day while we are there... I really like the way he looks in to a race. Certain people...when they start talking about "race shape" and so forth...Grab my attention.
His way of looking into races appeals to me... I like his style...and his personality fits his style....very laid back, methodical and business like about Picking winners...

He's a young Talented person....one I expect we'll see around for years if he choose's to stay in the business.

Suff
08-20-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by blind squirrel
this is a perfect example of not getting "rattled"
and staying the course.

Believing in yourself, Believing in your talents, Believing in your experience, and Trusting your instincts....

Is the absolute HARDEST part of the day to day responsibilties of a Horse player playing for real.....

When the Horizon looks bleak... You so desparately want to turn back and try another way.....

When it seems the whole crowd is against you and Your coffers are feeling low.....You just want a winner any winner...Just to cash... Thats a very dangerous zone.

I take a Break or Lower my AVG. bet size.....But I try to never stop what works for me...

Tall Order.

Believing in myself, Believing in my talents, Believing in my experience, and Trusting my instincts.

I don't want to end up on the BIG scrap heap of horseplayers that BET themsleves right out of the game......

I'd like to be a regular Handicapper and winner for as long as I choose to.... I don't want irresponsible wagering or a Prolonged Losing streak to cause me to have Give up something I enjoy so much.

I have to stick to my Guns....What I have works....What I have produces winners and profits. I just need to stick with what I have.

Imriledup
09-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Free is a clown, His best bet today was a horse who figured to be 'loose on the lead' but the only problem is that the horse was not going to 'lope' like he thought, the horse was a rank filly who 'ran off' and didn't take advantage of her 'looseness'. Getting the lone lead at 7F doesnt matter if your horse can't relax.

Then he goes on to pick Desert Code when the entire world knows its just a prep for the BC. He even SAYS its a prep and yet picks the horse anyway. :bang:

lamboguy
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Free is a clown, His best bet today was a horse who figured to be 'loose on the lead' but the only problem is that the horse was not going to 'lope' like he thought, the horse was a rank filly who 'ran off' and didn't take advantage of her 'looseness'. Getting the lone lead at 7F doesnt matter if your horse can't relax.

Then he goes on to pick Desert Code when the entire world knows its just a prep for the BC. He even SAYS its a prep and yet picks the horse anyway. :bang:with all due respect to this tote, i have no clue how any living human can hadicap any synthetic surface 3000 miles away from the track. i am told that certain horses posess "polly pedigree's and polly confirmation". that stuff is way above my head, but i have seen guys do quite well like joe ridell @keenland. joe sits in the paddock and watches as the horses come on the track, he watches them train in the morning and takes lots of notes.

i loved betting on keenland and the oak tree meet before the synthetic surface, i had to quit them because i could not figure out the random results in my mind. i gave it up and took up real racing at charlestown and mountaineer!