PDA

View Full Version : Penn National - Race 1 - 7/22

menifee
07-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Can someone explain to me how the 5 horse who finishes 5th, is placed 2nd? I understand the DQ of the 7 (first place horse for interference at the start). I understand the DQ of the 4 (4th place horse for interference in the stretch). I don't understand the DQ of the 1 at all. It cost me around 3,500 so I'm pretty upset.

Has anyone see the stewards DQ 3 horses in one race? I have to stop playing this hole. I don't know why I keep playing it.

Robert Goren
07-22-2010, 07:21 PM
It is Penn National. Nobody can explain anything that goes on there with a straight face.;)

Horseplayersbet.com
07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
I don't recall ever seeing three horses dq'ed in one race. The 7 definitely slaughtered the 6 at the start and hit the 5 as well. In the stretch the 6 definitely interfered with the 3.

The 1 horse went from the 2 path going into the far turn with the 3 and 6 to his outside to the 8 path going into the stretch. It did appear that the 1 did make contact with the horse to his outside as well. Though there was really no visible evidence, or any checking, it was one of those flip of the coin type of calls, but I think the Stews made the right call.

7 was placed behind the 5, 6 was placed behind the 3, as was the 1.

Freaky race.

Stillriledup
07-22-2010, 08:01 PM
You shouldnt be betting Penn National to begin with. The way they treated Michael Gill was an outrage, i've stayed away from their garbage ever since MG was kicked out. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Does anyone ever have a genuine reply to post any longer, or is it all about sarcasm and half-wit these days?

Horseplayersbet.com
07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Does anyone ever have a genuine reply to post any longer, or is it all about sarcasm and half-wit these days?
What was wrong with my comment? I thought it was genuine and somewhere between 80-90% witted.

parlay
07-22-2010, 10:33 PM
only argument i have with the decisions is the placing of the :7:
He should have at least been placed behind the :4: :5: :6: , if
not an automatic last.

Worst that happened to me was losing a tri when the 3rd and 4th
place horses were disqualified for seperate infractions, but that was in a field of 12, 3 seperate dq's in a 7 horse field is wild.

Bruiser1
07-23-2010, 01:09 AM
only argument i have with the decisions is the placing of the :7:
He should have at least been placed behind the :4: :5: :6: , if
not an automatic last.

Worst that happened to me was losing a tri when the 3rd and 4th
place horses were disqualified for seperate infractions, but that was in a field of 12, 3 seperate dq's in a 7 horse field is wild.

I just went and watched the race a couple of times. The 7 interfered with the 5 and the 6 while the 4 was just lightly bumped, not appearing to affect him.

That was one tough race.

Market Mover
07-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Can someone explain to me how the 5 horse who finishes 5th, is placed 2nd? I understand the DQ of the 7 (first place horse for interference at the start). I understand the DQ of the 4 (4th place horse for interference in the stretch). I don't understand the DQ of the 1 at all. It cost me around 3,500 so I'm pretty upset.

Has anyone see the stewards DQ 3 horses in one race? I have to stop playing this hole. I don't know why I keep playing it.

P Nat's opener on Thursday left me yet again questioning why I even bother coming back to this game. And I started to hate horse racing....

I had a feeling the 7 horse Battleground was going to run a live race. He figured to run better 3rd off a layoff, and the poor form as a youngster for this now 3 yr old could be the reason for the 37-1 off odds with Tom Clifton aboard.

Coming out of the gate (as they showed the head-on view at the break), I knew I was in trouble. He took a left hand turn and took out the 6 horse. Now it did appear he made some contact with the 5 horse as well, but whether the 5 had broken slowly on his own and dropped back could be debatable. Perhaps a pan-shot would be more conclusive, but this was never shown. So the 7 was guilty by association. And he was taken down.

The bet was a $10 exacta box wheel 7 with all. When 22-1 original 2nd place finisher 6 horse finished second, I figured at worst they could place the 7 second for wiping out the 6 at the start. I would have been content with that.

And then the cruelest act of them all: the P Nat stewards placed the 7 third. The disqualification cost me $3800 had they left it alone, and #3110 had they just placed him second.

Now I don't disagree with the interference over the 6 to his immediate inside, but to place him behind the 5...who had originally finished 5th as previously posted?!!! How a horse who finished 5th gets elevated to 2nd after three separate disqualifications is beyond me...

And this is how I began to hate this game.

But then I realize tomorrow is opening day at Spa. And the PP's were printed. And I went on my merry way to try and find another winner in this dastardly cruel game...

Robert Goren
07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
A lot of really strange things go on at Penn National. Please do not judge horse racing in other places by what goes on there.

Market Mover
07-23-2010, 06:32 PM
A lot of really strange things go on at Penn National. Please do not judge horse racing in other places by what goes on there.

A very good point you have there.

speed
07-23-2010, 06:49 PM
P Nat's opener on Thursday left me yet again questioning why I even bother coming back to this game. And I started to hate horse racing....

I had a feeling the 7 horse Battleground was going to run a live race. He figured to run better 3rd off a layoff, and the poor form as a youngster for this now 3 yr old could be the reason for the 37-1 off odds with Tom Clifton aboard.

Coming out of the gate (as they showed the head-on view at the break), I knew I was in trouble. He took a left hand turn and took out the 6 horse. Now it did appear he made some contact with the 5 horse as well, but whether the 5 had broken slowly on his own and dropped back could be debatable. Perhaps a pan-shot would be more conclusive, but this was never shown. So the 7 was guilty by association. And he was taken down.

The bet was a $10 exacta box wheel 7 with all. When 22-1 original 2nd place finisher 6 horse finished second, I figured at worst they could place the 7 second for wiping out the 6 at the start. I would have been content with that.

And then the cruelest act of them all: the P Nat stewards placed the 7 third. The disqualification cost me $3800 had they left it alone, and #3110 had they just placed him second.

Now I don't disagree with the interference over the 6 to his immediate inside, but to place him behind the 5...who had originally finished 5th as previously posted?!!! How a horse who finished 5th gets elevated to 2nd after three separate disqualifications is beyond me...

And this is how I began to hate this game.

But then I realize tomorrow is opening day at Spa. And the PP's were printed. And I went on my merry way to try and find another winner in this dastardly cruel game...

Watching the head on the 7 slams the 6 who in turn slams the 5. Therefore the 7 should be placed behind the 5. Someone should be held accountable for the 5 getting crushed out of the gate.

The 1 floated the 3 and 4 out several paths so can understand that as well.

Believe the 4 also bumped the 3 mid stretch. Only reason i know all this is i was there live for the first and likely last time and in my honor they put on a triple dq show.

Lets just hope that Penn does not start having more DQ's than Hollywood gets horses entered in races.

proximity
07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Only reason i know all this is i was there live for the first and likely last time and in my honor they put on a triple dq show.

if there is a next time, stop up in the clubhouse and say hi. i'm there almost every thursday.

Market Mover
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Watching the head on the 7 slams the 6 who in turn slams the 5. Therefore the 7 should be placed behind the 5. Someone should be held accountable for the 5 getting crushed out of the gate.

The 1 floated the 3 and 4 out several paths so can understand that as well.

Believe the 4 also bumped the 3 mid stretch. Only reason i know all this is i was there live for the first and likely last time and in my honor they put on a triple dq show.

Lets just hope that Penn does not start having more DQ's than Hollywood gets horses entered in races.

Is it possible that the 5 broke slower than both his outside rivals? And that the 6 coming into his path (or just leaning over in front of him from all that bumping from the 7) was coincidental with his slower break?
If there is no pan shot available to rule this out, how can the stewards conclusively say the 7 adversely affected the 5? Can Penn Nat. not afford a camera to show the pan shot from the break at the gate?
Yes, I'm biased of course of my plays, but I'm thinking there was a chance the 7 gets placed 2nd instead of 3rd.
Could someone post the potential results had they DQed only the 7? And if they had DQ'ed the 1? How about if only the 4? And perhaps if only 2 DQ's had taken place (the 1 and the 4?)? And if only the 7 and 4? And you guessed it...if only the 7 and the 1?
I don't remember if I have ever seen another triple DQ. In a 7 horse field no less...

menifee
07-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I still can't believe they disqualified the 1 in this race. He floated horses out, but made no contact with them. That happens all the time and there is no DQ. The 7 should have come down against the 6, not so sure against the 5.

The 4 should have come down for interference in the stretch with the 3 so the stewards got that right.

New Order: 6-7-1

The chart to this race reads like a LSAT question.

Market Mover
07-27-2010, 04:11 AM
I still can't believe they disqualified the 1 in this race. He floated horses out, but made no contact with them. That happens all the time and there is no DQ. The 7 should have come down against the 6, not so sure against the 5.

The 4 should have come down for interference in the stretch with the 3 so the stewards got that right.

New Order: 6-7-1

Agre

The chart to this race reads like a LSAT question.

Agreed. 6-7-1 seems more fair. The 1 floated his rivals out but did not impede them. Its called raceriding. Surely th stewards will post their decisions and how they reached those decisions after NYRAs sets the example...

furlong
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
You shouldnt be betting Penn National to begin with. The way they treated Michael Gill was an outrage, i've stayed away from their garbage ever since MG was kicked out. :rolleyes:

Yeah...gotta love Michael'the missing leg'Gill ;)

proximity
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Agreed. 6-7-1 seems more fair. The 1 floated his rivals out but did not impede them. Its called raceriding. Surely th stewards will post their decisions and how they reached those decisions after NYRAs sets the example...

the one horse only drove the other two contenders in the race out into like the nine path. no big deal. :rolleyes: