PDA

View Full Version : What are you trying to do

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Other then winning money (which is paramount), what specific thing are you looking to accomplish from a wagering or handicapping stand point the first few days of the Saratoga meeting? Myself, I will be sticking to my plan without deviations.

classhandicapper
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm going to watch how the tracks (dirt/turf) are playing to see if there are any biases and I'm going to CAREFULLY watch which trainers' horses are running well.

Some trainers point to this meet and have all their horses ready to go. When you find a situation where you KNOW that a horse is either extremely likely to run well or peak, it's worth a tick or two on the odds board. The public catches on quickly, but if you notice it first you can get in a few good bets.

RaceBookJoe
07-22-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm going to watch how the tracks (dirt/turf) are playing to see if there are any biases and I'm going to CAREFULLY watch which trainers' horses are running well.

Some trainers point to this meet and have all their horses ready to go. When you find a situation where you KNOW that a horse is either extremely likely to run well or peak, it's worth a tick or two on the odds board. The public catches on quickly, but if you notice it first you can get in a few good bets.

One last name that always gets my attention at Saratoga is Jerkins...whether its Allen or James. Closing day i crushed an exacta with a Jerkins FTS...hope lightning strikes again !!! rbj

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM

This is exactly what I am taalking about easing into the meeting waiting for an edge. I know some players like to strike, and strike hard within the first few days or week of the meeting since this is when the big prices are present before the public catches on. I have no problem with this approach as it seems to work for many. Myself, I don't feel comfortable digging an early hole the first few days of the meet..I would rather be patient and wait for a few solid wagers to start.

Robert Goren
07-22-2010, 10:01 AM
I am trying out a new method of handicapping turf route races.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-22-2010, 10:33 AM
I am trying out a new method of handicapping turf route races.

Plenty of value in those races on the 'weeds'!

Robert Fischer
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Other then winning money(which is paramount), what specific thing are you looking to accomplish from a wagering or handicapping stand point the first few days of the Saratoga meeting?

1. be that guy cursing "Dumb Money" if I don't get 25-1 on SPA CITY FEVER :mad:grrrrrr

Robert Fischer
07-22-2010, 07:48 PM
2. Air drum my way into a beer as "Keith Moon tribute band"

Robert Fischer
07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
3. 1 consecutive day without violence or substance abuse(not necessarily opening weekend)

WinterTriangle
07-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I look for patterns based on sire, broodmare sire, jockey and trainer patterns. As well as track bias on wet and dry. I take lots of notes on all the horses while watching the races so I don't have to spend time later watching re-plays!

Mike at A+
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
As I do every betting day, I will be looking for value and passing on races with short fields. Only had one winner today but it was Cinder Cone ($29.40) in the 6th.

JimG
07-23-2010, 07:32 PM
As I do every betting day, I will be looking for value and passing on races with short fields. Only had one winner today but it was Cinder Cone ($29.40) in the 6th.

Mike,

Somehow I thought you had that horse. :jump:

Jim

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Day one is in the books and I stuck to my plan...not to take a gamble ( I know you're laughing out there)!I mean No guilty throw-away bets...these add up on the negative side of the ledger. Two wagers today one winner and a profit without any maybe's and should have's.

Tomorrow another work in progress.

Robert Fischer
07-24-2010, 05:37 PM
1. be that guy cursing "Dumb Money" if I don't get 25-1 on SPA CITY FEVER :mad:grrrrrr

r6 #7 Spa City Fever Chavez J F $12.20 $7.20 $4.90

:bang::mad::bang: grrrr....