PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck going blind?

jballscalls
07-21-2010, 01:11 PM
heard about this yesterday and it sounds like a terrible ordeal he's having to go through. Beck is suffering from a rare eye disease called macular dystrophy that could lead to him going blind in a year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/EyeHealth/macular-dystrophy-glenn-beck-blind/story?id=11207522

prospector
07-21-2010, 01:26 PM
beck was laughing at the report yesterday..never believe abc

Robert Goren
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
While I disagree with Beck's politics, I am very sorry to hear this.

GameTheory
07-21-2010, 01:36 PM
He may have been laughing, but it appears to be true. It is on his own site.

WinterTriangle
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
While I disagree with Beck's politics, I am very sorry to hear this.

I'm sorry to hear it, too. I would not wish that on anybody.

I wonder if Rush will make some snide comment about Beck's disease---- you know, when and if his blindness progrsses, he can say Beck is exaggerating----like he did when Michael J. Fox was battling Parkinson's Disease. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
07-21-2010, 08:58 PM
So Rush is going deaf and now Beck might go blind. Something tells me a reply here from 46zilzal isn't far behind...

Hanover1
07-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Someone is sure to comment that it must be his Zen that brought this on...however they would be ducking more important issues here :rolleyes:

sandpit
07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
So Rush is going deaf and now Beck might go blind. Something tells me a reply here from 46zilzal isn't far behind...

Something like comparing him to that duo in Stephen King's The Stand, where one was a mute and the other guy was retarded. M-O-O-N, that spells Beck.

JustRalph
07-21-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear it, too. I would not wish that on anybody.

I wonder if Rush will make some snide comment about Beck's disease---- you know, when and if his blindness progrsses, he can say Beck is exaggerating----like he did when Michael J. Fox was battling Parkinson's Disease. :rolleyes:

Rush said that MJ Fox deliberately didn't take his meds to exaggerate the effect of his disease (affect, effect? Hell I don't know) for the camera's

I believe it was later borne out to be somewhat true. Fox later admitted that he had taken too much medication and screwed up his dosing, and that it did make him look worse. it exaggerated his symptoms.

Rush never made fun of MJFox. He accused him of acting in a way to sway political favor for the Stem cell issue. He called him on playing politics with his affliction. Much of what was reported in the media was flat out wrong.

Btw, if you want to read about the whole thing, go over to Rush Limbaugh's website. He has it all encapsulated for reading, including transcripts

jballscalls
07-21-2010, 11:57 PM

i wonder if the headphone thing effects radio folks. I remember Howard saying that he has always worried about his hearing and noticed it petering a little bit in recent years and he thought having to wear headphones for so long might be part of the reason why.

46zilzal
07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/24/AR2006102400691.html.

Now people are telling me they have seen Michael J. Fox in interviews and he does appear the same way in the interviews as he does in this commercial," Limbaugh said, according to a transcript on his Web site. "All right then, I stand corrected. . . . So I will bigly, hugely admit that I was wrong, and I will apologize to Michael J. Fox, if I am wrong in characterizing his behavior on this commercial as an act."

Then Limbaugh pivoted to a different critique: "Michael J. Fox is allowing his illness to be exploited and in the process is shilling for a Democratic politician."

Limbaugh's shock at Fox's appearance is a measure of the disease's devastation, advocates say. Contrary to the charge that Fox might not take his medicine to enhance his symptoms, the medicine produces some of the uncontrolled body movements.

"It's a shameless statement," John Rogers said yesterday. Rogers, Fox's political adviser, who also serves on the board of the Parkinson's Action Network, added: "It's insulting. It's appallingly sad, at best."

"Anyone who knows the disease well would regard his movement as classic severe Parkinson's disease," said Elaine Richman, a neuroscientist in Baltimore who co-wrote "Parkinson's Disease and the Family." "Any other interpretation is misinformed."

bigmack
07-22-2010, 12:26 AM
"It's a shameless statement," John Rogers said yesterday. Rogers, Fox's political adviser, who also serves on the board of the Parkinson's Action Network, added: "It's insulting. It's appallingly sad, at best."
Just to set the record straight, you, who've encouraged the ill-will of others and celebrated in their deaths or potential deaths are chastising someone for making herky-jerky gestures?

Say it with me: I'll have a standard. Make it a double.

Robert Goren
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
He can always become govenor of NY. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I held off for 2 days, but couldn't keep it in any longer.